2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the Nets could ruin basketball for me. I get bored watching them.

I don't mind KD. Kyrie is fine as long as he's far from a microphone. I can't stand the way Harden plays though. Having Blake Griffin adds an extra bit of smugness to them though. Even as a role player, I'd hate to see Blake get a ring.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind KD. Kyrie is fine as long as he's far from a microphone. I can't stand the way Harden plays though. Having Blake Griffin adds an extra bit of smugness to them though. Even as a role player, I'd hate to see Blake get a ring.

It's the whole star thing for me. The Nets cruise control through the season and then everyone gets together for the playoffs.

Durant and Harden only play like half the season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like someone throws a water bottle at Kyrie Irving but narrowly misses.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
What's with all these crowd incidents?

Popcorn on Russ, waterbottle at Kyrie, folks yelling at Ja Morant's parents...

Did the lockdown make people forget how to behave properly in public?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like someone throws a water bottle at Kyrie Irving but narrowly misses.

Not that it excuses that behavior but Kyrie calling out Boston fans before going back there for games 3 & 4 was asking for an incident. Being accused of being classless by a former player who hasn't played a game there with a real crowd yet since he left the team was going to cause people to get worked up.

Still they should have kept it verbal as far as booing and chanting things at him. Throwing bottles, or anything, just proved him right.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's with all these crowd incidents?

Popcorn on Russ, waterbottle at Kyrie, folks yelling at Ja Morant's parents...

Did the lockdown make people forget how to behave properly in public?

And a fan spitting on Trae Young

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers beat Mavericks in convincing manner tonight 106-81. The series is now tied 2-2.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not that it excuses that behavior but Kyrie calling out Boston fans before going back there for games 3 & 4 was asking for an incident. Being accused of being classless by a former player who hasn't played a game there with a real crowd yet since he left the team was going to cause people to get worked up.

Still they should have kept it verbal as far as booing and chanting things at him. Throwing bottles, or anything, just proved him right.

He loves being a drama magnet but nevertheless that fan should be arrested. Apparently he was pointed out quickly by Boston fans.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Houston had to play Seattle that year they would have been doomed. The Sonics used to own them. I kind of remember the 94 series between Houston/Phx, I think Houston was also involved with a 2-0 series that went 7 with SA where the road teams were winning, but maybe that was the year after.

that was the next season but that series ended in 6 and Houston ended up winning.

those two Houston teams dig themselves out of hole after hole in those two title runs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve figured out who Kawhi reminds me of. A thicker James Worthy.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
They were empowered for four years and haven’t yet realized it’s time to crawl back into their holes.

Yeah, I think this is a lot of it, too. Not just these particular incidents, but bad behavior in a number of facets around the country. I think the "childish jerk" segment of this country has been activated and emboldened by certain specific people and elements in this nation, and they now feel free to let their worst behavior run free.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kawhi is much better than Worthy was. He actually reminds me of a less fluid MJ during the 2nd 3-peat.

I think I agreed with you a while back, maybe last years playoffs, maybe it was you, in that Kawhi doesn’t have that lift anymore. Like on dunks, his legs just kind of drag behind. He still dunks it but no where near the explosion of his spurs days.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were empowered for four years and haven’t yet realized it’s time to crawl back into their holes.

I think it’s more the pandemic. Something was FINALLY taken away from them where for once they had to live with constraints that EVERYONE else did and I think that leveling of the field for them made them super bonkers and has made them act out in ludicrous ways.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going down memory lane. Reportedly fans threw raw fish in Greece among other things.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Suns played the Warriors in 1976, Warriors fans threw golf balls.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns played the Warriors in 1976, Warriors fans threw golf balls.

Throwing golf balls would show premeditation. Unfortunately the more things change the more they remain the same.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard