With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kinda warming up to Jeudy tbh

Still want Oline tho.
OLine continues to not be sexy..... but remains prudent.

RT is the second biggest "one-position" improvement we can make as a team and is certainly a top priority for Kugler, Kliff & Company.

My personal opinion is to go after Conklin (stud), Vaitai (young and above average), or Bulaga (old & good) though and then to attack the draft with this position in a better place.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Elite traits are hard to come by. And Jeudy has them.

His quick twitch ability to get away from defenders makes him the most electric of the WR candidates. His ability to get out of breaks, stop, start, accelerate, and just be wide ass open are truly remarkable.

Lamb has good hands, has good strength, has good deep ball awareness, and what I would consider to be tremendous determination.

I would be fine with either..... but Jeudy has that Doncic step back. And that makes him the best WR in the draft.

Again though...... I will let the combine test, time, and measure all of this and get back to you next week.

The combine matters more for Lamb I think.

I think both will be very good NFL receivers.

Jeudy did have a number of inexplicable drops, and Lamb is clearly better as a tackle breaker. Jeudy is a master route runner, maybe the best I've ever seen from a college wideout.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

RT is the second biggest "one-position" improvement we can make as a team and is certainly a top priority for Kugler, Kliff & Company.

My personal opinion is to go after Conklin (stud), Vaitai (young and above average), or Bulaga (old & good) though and then to attack the draft with this position in a better place.

The problem is cold hard cash right now. The more I think about it, the more I think the money has to be spent on the defense. The defense can take a good step forward with a little cash infusion.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Exactly this. I get why people are attracted to flashy wide receivers, it's not smart but I get it. But nothing is more "sexy" that a dominant O line, or at least an above average one. Every year the teams that make the play offs and make the superbowl have great O lines.

You give Kyler a good O line and all of a sudden you will find our receivers are much better.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The combine matters more for Lamb I think.

I think both will be very good NFL receivers.

Jeudy did have a number of inexplicable drops, and Lamb is clearly better as a tackle breaker. Jeudy is a master route runner, maybe the best I've ever seen from a college wideout.
Agreed about Lamb & the combine. He needs to run 4.5 or 4.6 I would think.

Inexplicable is right.....His drops did creep up this year (77 catches & 7 Drops) but as this scouting report mentions..... It may have not been as bad as people report.

https://nflmocks.com/2020/01/18/2020-nfl-draft-jerry-jeudy-scouting/
Jeudy didn’t really have any issues with drops in 2018, but out of nowhere, dropped seven passes during the 2019 season. On the 2018 film, there are examples of Jeudy making some tough catches away from his frame and making it look easy. In 2019, he’s let the ball into his frame a lot more. It’s not a major issue at this point, but it’s certainly something to monitor. I’ll be keeping an eye on Jeudy during the gauntlet drill at the combine.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Daniel Jermiah took the top 10 WRs in the NFL last year, and gave their combine measuarables

all between 5-10 and 6-2

fastest 40 time? 4.45
slowest 40? 4.71 (Keenan Allen)
average 40 time? 4.55

hands: lots of 9" hands

DJs point: we get caught up in fast 40s etc -- but a 4.5 40 is fast enough for great success

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Daniel Jermiah took the top 10 WRs in the NFL last year, and gave their combine measuarables

all between 5-10 and 6-2

fastest 40 time? 4.45
slowest 40? 4.71 (Keenan Allen)
average 40 time? 4.55

hands: lots of 9" hands

DJs point: we get caught up in fast 40s etc -- but a 4.5 40 is fast enough for great success
Jeremiah and I just don't get along very much. Sure..... 4.5 is fast enough. But I would like to draft a guy this high who is more than average.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jeremiah and I just don't get along very much. Sure..... 4.5 is fast enough. But I would like to draft a guy this high who is more than average.

Fitz ran around a 4.4, but he has never really been a 4.4 guy.

What I love about Lamb is his ability to beat corners for contested catches and his ability to break tackles. That translates to the NFL.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Fitz ran around a 4.4, but he has never really been a 4.4 guy.

What I love about Lamb is his ability to beat corners for contested catches and his ability to break tackles. That translates to the NFL.
Fitz had transcendent skills and top end production that was worthy of a top 8 pick.

And he sure as hell looked like a 4.4 guy on the big TD's in the Super Bowl and against Green Bay in OT.

No knock against Lamb.... I just wouldn't put them (as prospects) in the same category.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Fitz had transcendent skills and top end production that was worthy of a top 8 pick.

And he sure as hell looked like a 4.4 guy on the big TD's in the Super Bowl and against Green Bay in OT.

No knock against Lamb.... I just wouldn't put them (as prospects) in the same category.

No they arent...which is why Fitz was a top 3 pick which is exceedingly rare for a WR.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Whatever happens in FA will let us know what player they're going to pick, I can see OL or DL/LB our D was pure garbage last year but we've neglected our OL forever so again, FA will let us hopefully know the direction

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've done a ton of mock drafts on the First Pick website and I have decided we need to focus heavily on D in FA and then go mostly O in the draft. Get a DE, ILB, and OLB for sure.

I would take Brown at 8 if he is there but I'm drafting 2 Olineman early in this draft. An OT and a C/OG are needed.

WR and DB's can be had later or not at all.

That's how I see it at this point.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've done a ton of mock drafts on the First Pick website and I have decided we need to focus heavily on D in FA and then go mostly O in the draft. Get a DE, ILB, and OLB for sure.

I would take Brown at 8 if he is there but I'm drafting 2 Olineman early in this draft. An OT and a C/OG are needed.

WR and DB's can be had later or not at all.

That's how I see it at this point.
Sign me up!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Cardinals select:

Who?

I see:
Jeudy, Brown, Lamb, Simmons, Thomas, Wills (not to me but to some) or Wirfs as the most possible targets.

I think the Panthers being in front of us could kill our chances for Jeudy, but with the Jags behind us, they may want to swap up to secure Herbert if he is still there.

Bengals, Dolphins, & Chargers may all go QB though before we have a chance to get a sweet trade back deal.

What say you?

Simmons all the way if he's there.

I'd be pissed if Simmons in on the board and they go with Lamb or Jeudy.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jeudy reminds me of JJ Nelson. Skinny and looks like one hit will break him.

If they do go with a WR at 8, between Jeudy and Lamb, please take Lamb!

Last edited: