The official "Hey, Stout - it's another remake!" thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yessir! Well, I can kill tiny ones without freaking out. I can kill bigger ones, too, but only out of necessity and with LOTS of comedic dancing about and hyperventilating lol

I used to blame my father, who was deathly afraid of them (he had good reason), but I'd do stuff like climb through crawlspaces and whatnot as a youngster. Best guess is that, as an early teenager, the time I was in the woods and ran into webs no matter where I turned, eventually running out of the woods entirely, did it. I have no better explanation.

so...do you like,..feel them crawling on you? sneaking up the back of your shirt when you are relaxing?

my oldest boy and I had a run in with a few sun spiders in new mexico...poor kid jumped backwards about six feet across the kitchen and landed on the table squealing like a five year old girl, lmao... later I had to drag him out of his bedroom because he had used four full cans of raid to line all the cracks in his bedroom... had to put him in my bed for the night since his room was in a cloud, lol.
cracks me up. the kid is 6'1" and 225, shredded muscle...and if a spider shows up he will jump on my back squealing like a little girl.
makes for lots of spontaneous fun at parties though..I'm a horrible parent I guess, lol.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
so...do you like,..feel them crawling on you? sneaking up the back of your shirt when you are relaxing?

my oldest boy and I had a run in with a few sun spiders in new mexico...poor kid jumped backwards about six feet across the kitchen and landed on the table squealing like a five year old girl, lmao... later I had to drag him out of his bedroom because he had used four full cans of raid to line all the cracks in his bedroom... had to put him in my bed for the night since his room was in a cloud, lol.
cracks me up. the kid is 6'1" and 225, shredded muscle...and if a spider shows up he will jump on my back squealing like a little girl.
makes for lots of spontaneous fun at parties though..I'm a horrible parent I guess, lol.

Yep, that's me. He must not be as bad, though, because I have let people know that punking me with actual spiders leads to rage and violence--no joke. I would have lost my job with the state years ago by beating an inmate to a pulp. Punking with fake spiders in person? Fair play, but it will be met in kind :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'In the Fade' Director Hired for 'Firestarter' Remake

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/-in-the-fade-director-hired-for-firestar/f-2584603ec4/moviefone.com

The remake of Stephen King's "Firestarter" now has a director: Variety reports that German director Fatih Akin has signed on.

Akin's "In the Fade" earned star Diane Kruger a Best Actress award at Cannes and won a Best Foreign Film Golden Globe. Previously, Akin won the Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival for his 2004 film "Head On."

Akiva Goldsman and Jason Blum of Blumhouse Productions will produce the new "Firestarter," based on a script by Scott Teems (of TV shows "Rectify" and "Narcos").

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Successfully Remaking Stephen King’s ‘It,’ Producers Plan to Resurrect Chucky for ‘Child’s Play’ Reboot

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/childs-play-reboot-it-producers-chucky-1201981201/

Chucky is eyeing a return to the big screen in a major way thanks to an upcoming “Child’s Play” reboot, Collider reports. MGM is reportedly developing a new “Child’s Play” film with help from producers David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith. The two men were behind last year’s horror sensation “It” and are production the follow-up “It: Chapter Two,” which is now in production. “Polaroid” director Lars Klevberg is helming the “Child’s Play” reboot from a script by “Kung Fury” writer Tyler Burton Smith.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
After Successfully Remaking Stephen King’s ‘It,’ Producers Plan to Resurrect Chucky for ‘Child’s Play’ Reboot

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/childs-play-reboot-it-producers-chucky-1201981201/

Chucky is eyeing a return to the big screen in a major way thanks to an upcoming “Child’s Play” reboot, Collider reports. MGM is reportedly developing a new “Child’s Play” film with help from producers David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith. The two men were behind last year’s horror sensation “It” and are production the follow-up “It: Chapter Two,” which is now in production. “Polaroid” director Lars Klevberg is helming the “Child’s Play” reboot from a script by “Kung Fury” writer Tyler Burton Smith.

Nooo, not Chucky! I don't need another movie to freak me out about dolls. :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox Plots ‘Rookie Of The Year’ Remake With Dan Gregor On The Mound

https://deadline.com/2018/10/rookie-of-the-year-remake-fox-dan-gregor-doug-mand-1202479812/

20th Century Fox is in the early planning stages for a remake of the 1993 film Rookie of the Year. Studio is making a deal with Dan Gregor & Doug Mandto rewrite, with Gregor eyeing to direct. The duo most recently wrote and Gregor directed Most Likely to Murder, the film that premiered at SXSW and stars Adam Pally and Rachel Bloom.

In the Daniel Stern-directed original, an accident gives a young boy an incredibly powerful pitching arm. He ends up pitching for his favorite team, the Chicago Cubs, and could lead them to the World Series. The hurler was played by Thomas Ian Nicholas.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rush Hour Female Reboot In Development

https://screenrant.com/rush-hour-movie-reboot-female/

A Rush Hour reboot film is in the works, and it will reportedly feature a female-centric main cast.

Directed by Brett Ratner,
Rush Hour stars Tucker and Chan as mismatched police officers who must rescue the Chinese consul's kidnapped daughter. Produced for an estimated $33-35 million, the action comedy earned over $244 million at the box office and signified much-needed diversity in mainstream Hollywood. While the sequel had a much higher budget ($90 million), it earned over $347 in theaters, thus making Tucker a viable A-list star while confirming Chan’s industry relevance. For the third film, the numbers balanced out, as Rush Hour 3’s revenue essentially doubled its $140 million budget.

A Rush Hour 4 film is reportedly still happening, at least according to Tucker: "Jackie Chan wants to do it, I want to do it, the studio wants to do it, so we’re trying to get it together."

---------------------------------------------

So lazy.

Why write a buddy female cop movie when you can just change the genders of the main characters in an already established buddy cop movie?

SMH.

Just like Ghostbusters, Ocean's 8, and What Women Want...

Also coming soon - a gender-swapped Dirty Rotten Scoundrels called The Hustle.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Eh, the Goonies thing never saw the light of day. Ditto the Big Trouble in Little China thing. Neither will this.

There was talk of a remake of both of those?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Princess Bride is a perfect example of catching lightning in a bottle - you don't remake that kind of movie IMO.

Not instantly opposed to remakes but this one? How can you replicate the magic of Princess Bride? One of those scenarios for me where I say do a sequel about their son or something, new cast. Leave this one alone.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A She's All That remake with gender-swapping (the epitome of Hollywood laziness).

TikTok Star Addison Rae Cast in ‘She’s All That’ Remake

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tiktok-addison-rae-shes-all-that-remake-1234733549/

TikTok star Addison Rae Easterling has been cast in the upcoming remake of the 1999 teen comedy “She’s All That.”

The gender-swapped reboot, titled “He’s All That,” has been in the works for years and recently started to gain traction again. Mark Waters, the filmmaker behind “Mean Girls” and “Freaky Friday,” is set to direct.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose