OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, The Poltergeist Remake Is A Children's Movie?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wait-Poltergeist-Remake-Children-Movie-69174.html

If you've been under the impression that the upcoming Poltergeist movie is going to be one of the scariest films of 2015, I have some bad news for you. It turns out that this new film isn't necessarily that focused on being that frightening, and has been described by one of its stars as being more of a "kid's movie."

That quote comes directly from Sam Rockwell, who recently discussed his work on the movie in an interview with Collider. Discussing the approach that the new version of Poltergeist is taking, the actor explained that there is a bit of a perspective change and that the resulting film is perhaps going to be a bit lighter than horror fans may be expecting. He explained, “The 10-year-old boy is really the protagonist this time. JoBeth Williams was the protagonist for the most part in the first one, and now the kid - it’s really through his point-of-view. So it’s more of a kids’ movie, so I don’t know if it’s gonna be like rated-R scary.”

:thud: :|

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wait, The Poltergeist Remake Is A Children's Movie?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wait-Poltergeist-Remake-Children-Movie-69174.html

If you've been under the impression that the upcoming Poltergeist movie is going to be one of the scariest films of 2015, I have some bad news for you. It turns out that this new film isn't necessarily that focused on being that frightening, and has been described by one of its stars as being more of a "kid's movie."

That quote comes directly from Sam Rockwell, who recently discussed his work on the movie in an interview with Collider. Discussing the approach that the new version of Poltergeist is taking, the actor explained that there is a bit of a perspective change and that the resulting film is perhaps going to be a bit lighter than horror fans may be expecting. He explained, “The 10-year-old boy is really the protagonist this time. JoBeth Williams was the protagonist for the most part in the first one, and now the kid - it’s really through his point-of-view. So it’s more of a kids’ movie, so I don’t know if it’s gonna be like rated-R scary.”

:thud: :|

:biglaugh:

Stout

Reaction score
Oh hell no! I'm arachnophobia, and though I watched the first out of a masochistic desire to show I COULD watch it, I will in no way be watching a remake.

Please note that spider pics will end with an immediate and permanent trip to the ignore list. People think it's funny, but it is a hard-core phobia for me and crap like that does't end well.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ex-sister-in-Law is like that with snakes. She can't even look at Dbacks logo

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hell no! I'm arachnophobia, and though I watched the first out of a masochistic desire to show I COULD watch it, I will in no way be watching a remake.

Please note that spider pics will end with an immediate and permanent trip to the ignore list. People think it's funny, but it is a hard-core phobia for me and crap like that does't end well.

hahahaha!!! big man is afraid of tiny little spiders?

that is pretty hilarious Stout!

Stout

Reaction score
hahahaha!!! big man is afraid of tiny little spiders?

that is pretty hilarious Stout!

Yessir! Well, I can kill tiny ones without freaking out. I can kill bigger ones, too, but only out of necessity and with LOTS of comedic dancing about and hyperventilating lol

I used to blame my father, who was deathly afraid of them (he had good reason), but I'd do stuff like climb through crawlspaces and whatnot as a youngster. Best guess is that, as an early teenager, the time I was in the woods and ran into webs no matter where I turned, eventually running out of the woods entirely, did it. I have no better explanation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessir! Well, I can kill tiny ones without freaking out. I can kill bigger ones, too, but only out of necessity and with LOTS of comedic dancing about and hyperventilating lol

I used to blame my father, who was deathly afraid of them (he had good reason), but I'd do stuff like climb through crawlspaces and whatnot as a youngster. Best guess is that, as an early teenager, the time I was in the woods and ran into webs no matter where I turned, eventually running out of the woods entirely, did it. I have no better explanation.

ha! none needed. everyone's got their weird!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose