Kyler Murray Stat Line

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
30/43 (70%) for 173 2 TDs, 2 Ints

8 rushes for 69 yards.

I thought K1 played very well in the first half and to start the 2nd.

We had leads of 7-0, 10-7, and 17-14.

We had the lead three times in this game, and the defense promptly gave it up on the next series.

We drew within one point at 21-20. Could the defense get one stop? No.

At 28-20, it looked like the team might have quit. Not sure, but it kind of looked like it. What is certain is that the entire offense, including Murray, fell apart at that point.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Huge drop by Kirk on a perfect bomb. I think the Sherfield pass was more on Kyler...needed a bit more touch.

Loved the running aspect today but we also took way too many sacks. No doubt Kyler is going to be awesome.

If he can handle the adversity. 13 more games to go: And most will be ugly losses. He should not have been in at the end. At least Mahomes had 14 games to sit and learn behind Alex Smith. This is a terrible situation for Kyler Murray.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
30/43 (70%) for 173 2 TDs, 2 Ints

8 rushes for 69 yards.

I thought K1 played very well in the first half and to start the 2nd.

We had leads of 7-0, 10-7, and 17-14.

We had the lead three times in this game, and the defense promptly gave it up on the next series.

We drew within one point at 21-20. Could the defense get one stop? No.

At 28-20, it looked like the team might have quit. Not sure, but it kind of looked like it. What is certain is that the entire offense, including Murray, fell apart at that point.

Exactly the point I've made time and time again. The D needs to make stops after we score. If they made a couple of stops, our offense would have scored another 17-21 points. Our defensive woes only energize our opponents defense. KM played a very good game today. Once a D starts pinning back their ears against a poor OL, then NO QB in the NFL can overcome that. KM is a stud & we have our QBOTF. We need to build our OL & the defense in order to get to the next level.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Exactly the point I've made time and time again. The D needs to make stops after we score. If they made a couple of stops, our offense would have scored another 17-21 points. Our defensive woes only energize our opponents defense. KM played a very good game today. Once a D starts pinning back their ears against a poor OL, then NO QB in the NFL can overcome that. KM is a stud & we have our QBOTF. We need to build our OL & the defense in order to get to the level.
170 yards passing on 4.1 ypa with 2 picks and being sacked 8
times isn’t a good game. It’s actually a bad game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When you give up 8 sacks to a team that only rushing 4 and dropping everybody the entire game is not good. A Trent Williams trade needs to happen ASAP. He won’t solve our problems but we need him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
When you give up 8 sacks to a team that only rushing 4 and dropping everybody the entire game is not good. A Trent Williams trade needs to happen ASAP. He won’t solve our problems but we need him.

Murray took at least 4 sacks he didn’t need to. The line play wasn’t optimal, but Murray’s decision making overall was pretty bad today

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All true but again with just a little bit of help from teammates that would have been roughly 270 with a 2nd TD pass and likely another 7 to 10 points on the board(the drops by Kirk, Sherfield and Chase).

He was NOT good from about midway through the 3rd quarter on. That said he didn't get help when he needed it and the Sherfield play in particular completely flipped the game

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He put us ahead 3 differ

He also ran the ball for 70 yards & every point we scored was because he used his athleticism to create an opportunity for us. He put us ahead 3-4 different times & our D let him down EVERY time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I didn’t mind the low YPA early on because we were moving the chains but either needs to grow a pair or realize that he can step up thru pressure instead of fading backwards. It’s clear his mindset on designed runs are done with far more confidence than scrambling. I thought Kyle Allen showed good composure on some throws under pressure today.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OP made a solid argument to me.. his game faltered after the late third quarter.. but that was mentioned. Was it not?

listen no matter how much you try and polish a turd it’s still a turd.... Today’s performance was a turd... Yea he had some good moments but to claim his first half was some awesome display of QB play is false... 18 completions and 95 yards??? Come on now??? 2 horrible INT’s going out of bounds 4 yards behind the LOS when all you had to do was flip the ball out to avoid the loss? Tripping over his own feet and missing a wide open Fitz by a country mile. This was a turd of the highest order... So whose the troll do tell???

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are going to have to live with this being a learning year. Most of us knew that. But Kliff is going to have to give Kyler some protection and rely on Kyler’s arm strength and accuracy. Right now the clock in Kyler’s head is get the ball out in 2.25 seconds.

If we give him 4 or 5 seconds our wr’s SHOULD have time to get open more than 5 yards down the field.

Right now we are totally depending on yac. That may work once in a while but not most of the time.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The OP made a solid argument to me.. his game faltered after the late third quarter.. but that was mentioned. Was it not?
Ya mean faltered when it counted, and no I'm not blaming him for everything the defense was beyond atrocious but quite frankly I don't care about his stats, they don't show things like him tripping over his own feet a few times etc...I get trying to be positive but this really isn't one of those games that you can find too much

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper, are you saying the Murray lost this game for the team?

That his performance was so poor that it cost us the W?
Nope. I am saying that when we got behind, and we needed him to take over, he threw 2 consecutive interceptions and led us to zero points.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Exactly the point I've made time and time again. The D needs to make stops after we score. If they made a couple of stops, our offense would have scored another 17-21 points. Our defensive woes only energize our opponents defense. KM played a very good game today. Once a D starts pinning back their ears against a poor OL, then NO QB in the NFL can overcome that. KM is a stud & we have our QBOTF. We need to build our OL & the defense in order to get to the next level.

I agree with you. I mentioned in another thread that it has to be disheartening for an offense to get the lead over and over and over, and then defense gives it up on the very next series.

I thought the play calling and offensive execution was pretty good through the first 40 minutes of the game.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
listen no matter how much you try and polish a turd it’s still a turd.... Today’s performance was a turd... Yea he had some good moments but to claim his first half was some awesome display of QB play is false... 18 completions and 95 yards??? Come on now??? 2 horrible INT’s going out of bounds 4 yards behind the LOS when all you had to do was flip the ball out to avoid the loss? Tripping over his own feet and missing a wide open Fitz by a country mile. This was a turd of the highest order... So whose the troll do tell???
Ya mean faltered when it counted, and no I'm not blaming him for everything the defense was beyond atrocious but quite frankly I don't care about his stats, they don't show things like him tripping over his own feet a few times etc...I get trying to be positive but this really isn't one of those games that you can find too much
Maybe both of you with your blinders on need to go reread the OP. His game was solid until the d unraveled... Then he unraveled.. geeez. This is tough for you anti Murray fellas.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Nope. I am saying that when we got behind, and we needed him to take over, he threw 2 consecutive interceptions and led us to zero points.

That's not quite true. We were behind 14-10, and he led the offense on a TD drive to get us the lead 17-14.

Then the defense gave up yet another touchdown. 17-21.

The offense managed a field goal on the next possession. 20-21.

Defense gives up another touchdown. 20-28.

Then, I don't know. You're right, the wheels came off the offense, and Murray threw the picks.

But Chopper, I don't think it really would have mattered. Our defense couldn't have stopped a high school team today.

With our offensive line, and with WRs dropping passes, you can't expect the offense to score 41 points.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That's not quite true. We were behind 14-10, and he led the offense on a TD drive to get us the lead 17-14.

Then the defense gave up yet another touchdown. 17-21.

The offense managed a field goal on the next possession. 20-21.

Defense gives up another touchdown. 20-28.

Then, I don't know. You're right, the wheels came off the offense, and Murray threw the picks.

But Chopper, I don't think it really would have mattered. Our defense couldn't have stopped a high school team today.

With our offensive line, and with WRs dropping passes, you can't expect the offense to score 41 points.
I had no issues with Kyler's first half. I thought he looked as dynamic as he has all season. My issue is that we needed him to keep scoring points and he couldn't/didn't. Instead of being the reason we hung in the game, Murray let himself be one of the disappointments.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Maybe both of you with your blinders on need to go reread the OP. His game was solid until the d unraveled... Then he unraveled.. geeez. This is tough for you anti Murray fellas.
Maybe you should read my response, being realistic is not being a Murray hater, why would I hate my own QB?? KMs game was not solid the the 1st 3 quarters , he was OK like I said and he folded when it counted, never took blame off the D , never said I hated him Mahommes game was solid , KMs was OK then bad, not sure why you're trying to make him seem like he was better then he actually was