The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The numbers refute this statement. Tyler Johnson's PER was 12.4 last year, 13.8 career (well below average for both). Schroder's PER was 12.7 last year, 14.8 career (well below average last year, but just barely below average for his career). (Meanwhile, just to highlight how horrible of a signing Cory Joseph would be, though I know you don't care about him in this discussion, his PER was 11.0 last year, 12.5 career, which is pretty darn awful for a veteran player getting significant minutes.)

No they don't. Tyler's defense is MUCH better than Schroder's, easily enough to eclipse the small difference in PER. Plus, Tyler, as far as I know, hasn't made a career out of irritating his teammates.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Plus, Tyler, as far as I know, hasn't made a career out of irritating his teammates.

Didn't he start telling his Suns teammates how they sucked as soon as his plane landed? I don't want Schroeder, but any advantage Johnson has over him is minimal at best. Tyler Johnson isn't the answer to anything.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The numbers refute this statement. Tyler Johnson's PER was 12.4 last year, 13.8 career (well below average for both). Schroder's PER was 12.7 last year, 14.8 career (well below average last year, but just barely below average for his career). (Meanwhile, just to highlight how horrible of a signing Cory Joseph would be, though I know you don't care about him in this discussion, his PER was 11.0 last year, 12.5 career, which is pretty darn awful for a veteran player getting significant minutes.)

It seems like you are building a case for Tyler Johnson and he is already on the roster.

Refreshing to see even if unintentional.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Schroeder is an doormat on defense who glares at his teammates when HE makes mistakes. He is a terrible player on both ends and a cancer.

Of all mentioned options, he is the absolute worse. I would not take him for free on a minimum contract.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Schroeder is an doormat on defense who glares at his teammates when HE makes mistakes. He is a terrible player on both ends and a cancer.

Of all mentioned options, he is the absolute worse. I would not take him for free on a minimum contract.
Ok... so what you all are saying is that... you don’t want Dennis Schroeder. Just want to clarify. :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

It doesn’t matter they’re both below average and overpaid. No point going back and forth.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It seems like you are building a case for Tyler Johnson and he is already on the roster.

Refreshing to see even if unintentional.

No. Johnson is even more below average than Schroder. The Suns need to set their sights on someone the level of Collison or better (i.e., at least slightly above average). Being not as wretched as Cory Joseph, Okobo and Melton is not good enough.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pelicans are picking up the option on Okafor.

Malika Andrews‏Verified account @malika_andrews

Pelicans are picking up Jahlil Okafor’s team option for the 2019-2020 season, league sources tell ESPN. The New Orleans staff is impressed by the way Okafor has reworked his body and the improvements he’s made on the defensive end of the floor.

9:20 AM - 20 Jun 2019

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo coming on right now to give update on Suns.

I have to get on the road for a job fair thingy. I wont be able to post what I hear. It may be nothing anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Gambo, New Orleans are trading #4 . Also the Suns will not draft Garland... maybe trade down if he is there.

Coby White, Hunter and Culver in that order. Suns are not interested in Teague.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per Gambo, New Orleans are trading #4 . Also the Suns will not draft Garland... maybe trade down if he is there.

I really want White. After reading that Players Tribune article he wrote I'm convinced he is the right pick. Monty will be the perfect coach for him and I think his floor is that of a good sixth man similar to prime Jamal Crawford but he'll be a more willing passer/playmaker.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

If the like those 3 one of them will obviously be on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want White. After reading that Players Tribune article he wrote I'm convinced he is the right pick. Monty will be the perfect coach for him and I think his floor is that of a good sixth man similar to prime Jamal Crawford but he'll be a more willing passer/playmaker.

I'm convinced about White as well although not as much as Shai. I think he is worthy of #6.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Suns do not acquire a vet PG I do hope they take one at #6. I like the idea of Culver and Hunter, too, but I just don't think they can wait like they did last year. And this is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I hope they can move up from 32 to take Brandon Clarke. Maybe with TJ or JJ on the way out.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't really want Culver or Hunter. I don't see why we need to add to the logjam of wings we already have.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really want Culver or Hunter. I don't see why we need to add to the logjam of wings we already have.

I think Hunter would have to be projected to play power forward for the Suns and Culver play combo guard.

Hopefully White is there to make the decision making easier.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm watching ESPN and they just said we passed on Kawhi Leonard in the draft because he was too sweaty in his interview with us. Is there any truth to this?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm watching ESPN and they just said we passed on Kawhi Leonard in the draft because he was too sweaty in his interview with us. Is there any truth to this?

Yeah, this story has been around for a couple of years. I don't believe it's the complete truth but I do believe it happened. I suspect the sweating was brought up and maybe even held against him but it was just one of the things they considered.

It would be great to have a two way player like him but I always wonder, what would he have become if we had drafted him? I didn't think he had a winner's attitude until well into his NBA career and I think Pop and his staff had a lot to do with shaping his game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kawhi wouldn’t be Kawhi if we drafted him but that doesn’t make it hurt less. He went to the ideal spot and developed under coaches/players with championship pedigree.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard