The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. Drafting White is now officially back on the agenda.

Ha. But don't let me talk you into anything Coby related, he has potential but drafting him would be more than a little worrisome. I wouldn't hate the pick as much if we hadn't wasted the 4 and the 8 on two other high risk players but since that's recent history, I'd lean towards a mostly developed player with a fairly clean injury history.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha. But don't let me talk you into anything Coby related, he has potential but drafting him would be more than a little worrisome. I wouldn't hate the pick as much if we hadn't wasted the 4 and the 8 on two other high risk players but since that's recent history, I'd lean towards a mostly developed player with a fairly clean injury history.

I'm only putting White back on the table after I briefly removed him.

I understand going for a more developed player but I don't think there are many sure things outside of Zion and perhaps Morant in this draft.

If the Suns think they can eventually develop him into a starting point guard I'd be fine with the pick but there a number of draft candidates I like as much... especially if the Suns can move back in the draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damian Lillard has won the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Damian Lillard has won the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Is this the award that J Crossover was reigning recipient of when we signed him to play with us?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the award that J Crossover was reigning recipient of when we signed him to play with us?

I don't know without looking it up. Crawford has won Sixth man awards.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
AD wants to be in LA and Rich Paul is doing everything in his power to get his clients wish. It is respectable in a sick kind of way. :lol:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is best argument I've heard for not drafting White.

White isn't repped by Paul, Corey Joseph is repped by Paul. That's who I was talking about, re-read my post. I edited it so it says Joseph instead of "he", hopefully that makes it clear I meant Joseph as a signing if we drafted White. Joseph has been a backup almost his whole career so signing him to play that role should be possible but with Paul repping him I doubt he'll be seeking backup money.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah if I’m the Celtics I appreciate the frankness. But I don’t appreciate you calling us out publicly as an undesirable destination. At what point do teams just say, “hey there are other players Paul doesn’t rep. Let’s sign those.”

What’s paul’s Longevity once Lebron is removed far enough from the game to lose sway with the league?

Depends on how successful this is.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
White isn't repped by Paul, Corey Joseph is repped by Paul. That's who I was talking about, re-read my post. I edited it so it says Joseph instead of "he", hopefully that makes it clear I meant Joseph as a signing if we drafted White. Joseph has been a backup almost his whole career so signing him to play that role should be possible but with Paul repping him I doubt he'll be seeking backup money.

It's all good. I understand what you are saying.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rich Paul ain’t the first agent people hated. It’s a dirty dirty business

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet NOLA was told no trade until the Finals is over. The NBA doesn't want a trade to overshadow the pinnacle of the season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I bet NOLA was told no trade until the Finals is over. The NBA doesn't want a trade to overshadow the pinnacle of the season.
Maybe Friday? I can't see them waiting if this goes to game 7.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't know if I can wait until Sunday. The silence is deafening.
I just read a Forbes article on this trade and it may drag out. The Celtics seemingly are offering less than the Lakers, and both teams offers are underwhelming to NO. There is talk they may just have AD play out his last year than accept what's being offered. This is starting to get ugly.