The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think the Celtics have the best package, of course if Kyrie leaves then who knows what'll happen there but they could trade Tatum, Smart, and some picks, plus filler, which is better than Ingram, Lonzo, and filler. Kuzma is someone the Lakers want to keep so he may or may not be included. When it comes to picks, the Celtics have a treasure chest full of picks to offer and almost all would be better than what LA would offer considering it would be a future pick from the Lakers and they'd have AD and Lebron there so they shouldn't be a lottery team any longer.

I've heard the Knicks may try to make a deal for him while signing Kyrie and Durant, with the appeal being they could form a big 3. If Durant misses next season that changes things some but it would give Kyrie and Davis time to gel and then add KD for a playoff push, possibly, or just adding him the next year. A team with Kyrie and Davis should make the playoffs in the East.

I was just basing it on where Anthony Davis wants to go per the Shams Charania tweet. I'm sure other teams can make better trade offers than the Lakers and Knicks. If Durant did suffer a serious injury (yet unknown), I think what they were planning may have taken a serious hit.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was just basing it on where Anthony Davis wants to go per the Shams Charania tweet. I'm sure other teams can make better trade offers than the Lakers and Knicks. If Durant did suffer a serious injury (yet unknown), I think what they were planning may have taken a serious hit.
I read a rumor, how do they know this, that the Pelicans GM wants Jayson Tatum in any trade they get for Davis. Not sure how that works into the Knicks or Lakers trade. Then they said no matter who trades for Davis, no single team can give the Pelicans GM enough to get Davis. Supposedly the Pelicans GM wants a third team, like a Suns team, to add goodies to the mix.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't see Ainge caring where Davis wants to go. He's the type who would gamble on it and I don't blame him. If there is something in New York that Davis is after then he wouldn't have the Lakers as a destination either but Boston can offer close to what the Knicks and Lakers can in terms of being in a huge media market, a storied franchise, and a better chance to win. We'll see how it plays out.

I read a rumor, how do they know this, that the Pelicans GM wants Jayson Tatum in any trade they get for Davis. Not sure how that works into the Knicks or Lakers trade. Then they said no matter who trades for Davis, no single team can give the Pelicans GM enough to get Davis. Supposedly the Pelicans GM wants a third team, like a Suns team, to add goodies to the mix.

I've heard the Tatum rumor as well as the 3rd team rumor. I think the 3rd team is more realistic but I can see wanting a player like Tatum in that he's a more polished youngster who has shown he can be a starter right now and possibly an All-Star soon. You don't want a project if you're New Orleans and Tatum isn't. He and Zion would actually make a good 1-2 combo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can see the Suns offering up #6 to make a trade work for the the right player in return.

Acquiring Tatum from the Celtics plus much more sounds about right for an Anthony Davis trade there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't see Ainge caring where Davis wants to go. He's the type who would gamble on it and I don't blame him. If there is something in New York that Davis is after then he wouldn't have the Lakers as a destination either but Boston can offer close to what the Knicks and Lakers can in terms of being in a huge media market, a storied franchise, and a better chance to win. We'll see how it plays out.

I've heard the Tatum rumor as well as the 3rd team rumor. I think the 3rd team is more realistic but I can see wanting a player like Tatum in that he's a more polished youngster who has shown he can be a starter right now and possibly an All-Star soon. You don't want a project if you're New Orleans and Tatum isn't. He and Zion would actually make a good 1-2 combo.

Ainge is very conservative. He’s not taking a chance on AD without an extension. He’s passed on George, Butler and Kawhi for that reason. When he traded for Kyrie he had two years left.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ainge is very conservative. He’s not taking a chance on AD without an extension. He’s passed on George, Butler and Kawhi for that reason. When he traded for Kyrie he had two years left.
Mormon upbringing? :p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree, there's just no way Ainge is going to play giveaway with his assets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is reportedly a bold statement from Rich Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is reportedly a bold statement from Rich Paul.

Part of me says thanks for the warning. Another part is, you could have called. You have my number. You didn't have to be a jackass and post something on social media. Unprofessional.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Cavaliers hire Lindsay Gottlieb as an assistant coach.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

In a landmark appointment for the NBA, the Cleveland Cavaliers are hiring University of California-Berkeley women’s head coach Lindsay Gottlieb to be an assistant coach on John Beilein’s staff, league sources tell ESPN.

9:55 AM - 12 Jun 201

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of me says thanks for the warning. Another part is, you could have called. You have my number. You didn't have to be a jackass and post something on social media. Unprofessional.

At least making a public statement seems unnecessary. Of course there was the Kawhi Leonard situation. Maybe in this day and age it is necessary for Rich Paul not to be blamed later.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah if I’m the Celtics I appreciate the frankness. But I don’t appreciate you calling us out publicly as an undesirable destination. At what point do teams just say, “hey there are other players Paul doesn’t rep. Let’s sign those.”

What’s paul’s Longevity once Lebron is removed far enough from the game to lose sway with the league?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

The Cavaliers hire Lindsay Gottlieb as an assistant coach.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

In a landmark appointment for the NBA, the Cleveland Cavaliers are hiring University of California-Berkeley women’s head coach Lindsay Gottlieb to be an assistant coach on John Beilein’s staff, league sources tell ESPN.

9:55 AM - 12 Jun 201
I wish the Suns would move Sandy Brondello up from the Mercury. I feel it's time for the Mercury to get a new coach. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on the Gottlieb hire.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is a bs move.

Which is exactly why the Suns need to stay clear of players represented by Rich Paul. I saw that Corey Joseph had Paul as his agent yesterday. Joseph is someone I viewed as a decent signing at PG if we decided to get someone younger than Collison or add a cheap PG to play backup if we took White but since Joseph is repped by Paul, he won't be cheap.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is exactly why the Suns need to stay clear of players represented by Rich Paul. I saw that Corey Joseph had Paul as his agent yesterday. He's someone I viewed as a decent signing at PG if we decided to get someone younger than Collison or add a cheap PG to play backup if we took White but since he's repped by Paul, he won't be cheap.

This is best argument I've heard for not drafting White.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is best argument I've heard for not drafting White.

Unless it's changed quite recently, White is repped by Ty Sullivan (Payton and Warren's agent). I think Hoop Head's last sentence was a little confusing but he was referring to Joseph I believe.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless it's changed quite recently, White is repped by Ty Sullivan (Payton and Warren's agent). I think his last sentence was a little confusing but he was referring to Joseph I believe.

Okay. Drafting White is now officially back on the agenda.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson