The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read a Forbes article on this trade and it may drag out. The Celtics seemingly are offering less than the Lakers, and both teams offers are underwhelming to NO. There is talk they may just have AD play out his last year than accept what's being offered. This is starting to get ugly.

I'm just wanting the trades to start even though many will not be made until the draft. It's just hard waiting until the draft.

The Celtics may not want to give up assets for Anthony Davis without a commitment beyond next season.

Maybe the Pelicans should hold their breath and trade with the Lakers. I bet the Pelicans are hoping AD will expand his list of teams.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just read a Forbes article on this trade and it may drag out. The Celtics seemingly are offering less than the Lakers, and both teams offers are underwhelming to NO. There is talk they may just have AD play out his last year than accept what's being offered. This is starting to get ugly.

Posturing. It really puts the pressure on the Lakers. If they don't land AD or a star in free agency, they'll be in trouble.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm just wanting the trades to start even though many will not be made until the draft. It's just hard waiting until the draft.

The Celtics may not want to give up assets for Anthony Davis without a commitment beyond next season.

Maybe the Pelicans should hold their breath and trade with the Lakers. I bet the Pelicans are hoping AD will expand his list of teams.
What's interesting is AD said he would go to the Knicks. He picked the two most disfunctional franchises. You would think the Knicks would be all over this even if they don't have anything to trade. Why not at least make an offer, work something with a third team, etc?

I even read a couple rumblings that Kyrie may stay in Boston since there doesn't seem any viable options for him creating a mega team anywhere right now. AD and Kyrie in LA with Lebron would be about as good as he could get.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I feel like the AD acquisition could have a similar effect that the Pau trade had on the twilight of Kobe’s career. I think the Lakers will pull it off yet keep two of their young role players and they’d probably get some cheap ring chasers.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Posturing. It really puts the pressure on the Lakers. If they don't land AD or a star in free agency, they'll be in trouble.
Burns and Gambo were talking about that. Is the pressure to get a guy enough to make the Lakers up their offer? Or knowing no one is offering more will the Lakers just stay pat?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's interesting is AD said he would go to the Knicks. He picked the two most disfunctional franchises. You would think the Knicks would be all over this even if they don't have anything to trade. Why not at least make an offer, work something with a third team, etc?

I even read a couple rumblings that Kyrie may stay in Boston since there doesn't seem any viable options for him creating a mega team anywhere right now. AD and Kyrie in LA with Lebron would be about as good as he could get.

I bet the Knicks are all over this but can't get it done.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are not willing to include Kuzma... yet.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @TheSteinLine

The Lakers, thus far, are sticking to their no-Kuzma trade posture ... but let’s see if they maintain it with the draft only a week away now. L.A. knows it likely needs to land Anthony Davis before June 30 to become a factor in chasing a prime free agent to join a LeBron/AD duo

12:58 PM - 13 Jun 2019

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Lakers are not willing to include Kuzma... yet.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @TheSteinLine

The Lakers, thus far, are sticking to their no-Kuzma trade posture ... but let’s see if they maintain it with the draft only a week away now. L.A. knows it likely needs to land Anthony Davis before June 30 to become a factor in chasing a prime free agent to join a LeBron/AD duo

12:58 PM - 13 Jun 2019
So wth are they offering? Injured disappointment ball, backup sg hart, heart issue Ingram, and the 4th pick? That looked like a nice package when originally offered. Looks underwhelming now with Ingram’s issue.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So wth are they offering? Injured disappointment ball, backup sg hart, heart issue Ingram, and the 4th pick? That looked like a nice package when originally offered. Looks underwhelming now with Ingram’s issue.

I don't see how Kuzma can be left out of the equation.

The Lakers are probably looking at their current competition, the Knicks, and say to themselves... they can beat anything the Knicks offer.

Kuzma, #4, Ball (who can be traded) and Hart might get it done when the dust settles.

I missed the issue with Ingram.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see how Kuzma can be left out of the equation.

The Lakers are probably looking at their current competition, the Knicks, and say to themselves... they can beat anything the Knicks offer.

Kuzma, #4, Ball (who can be traded) and Hart might get it done when the dust settles.

I missed the issue with Ingram.
Blood clots.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Davis truly cared about winning he would have said he wanted to go to the Clippers or Nets, as weird as that is to say, because those land him in the same market as the Lakers and Knicks but they're both already playoff teams.

I would think the Nets could build an offer around Jarrett Allen and Caris LaVert plus a bunch of picks. That might entice Kyrie to join AD there as well. If AD doesn't go there then they still have Russell. I know that's not great but I'd rather have that then the underwhelming Lakers offer. They could get more picks by dealing Dinwiddie. I don't care what Gambo says, I think the Suns would deal #6 for Dinwiddie. That's not a great trade for us but I think a lot of people here would prefer Dinwiddie to Coby White, Garland, or another SF.

The Clippers should be able to build a good offer also but I don't think they care for AD, they're going all in for Kawhi. If they traded for AD maybe that would mean they know they won't have a chance at Kawhi.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Davis truly cared about winning he would have said he wanted to go to the Clippers or Nets, as weird as that is to say, because those land him in the same market as the Lakers and Knicks but they're both already playoff teams.

I would think the Nets could build an offer around Jarrett Allen and Caris LaVert plus a bunch of picks. That might entice Kyrie to join AD there as well. If AD doesn't go there then they still have Russell. I know that's not great but I'd rather have that then the underwhelming Lakers offer. They could get more picks by dealing Dinwiddie. I don't care what Gambo says, I think the Suns would deal #6 for Dinwiddie. That's not a great trade for us but I think a lot of people here would prefer Dinwiddie to Coby White, Garland, or another SF.

The Clippers should be able to build a good offer also but I don't think they care for AD, they're going all in for Kawhi. If they traded for AD maybe that would mean they know they won't have a chance at Kawhi.

The Suns need to get the Nets to add #27 along with Dinwiddie for#6.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blood clots.

That was off my radar. Good to know.

He played his last game on March 2nd. They ruled him out for the remainder of the season on March 9th and he had some sort of surgery in mid March. I don't know the date of that. The clot was in his right arm, not chest like Bosh.

I wonder if that plays part in why the Pelicans do not want to work with the Lakers in an AD deal. Ingram played after the deal they were trying to put together was killed but hearing he had blood clots and missed a little over a month and needed surgery is concerning. I'm not saying the Lakers hid that from New Orleans, they didn't know either, but that puts a question around Ingram going forward. After seeing Bosh's career get ended early because of clots I can't see a team investing a lot in a player with similar issues because it's so unpredictable. It can be treated but it took a long time to figure out the cause of Bosh's if I remember correctly.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190410-ingram-continues-recovery-blood-clot-surgery#

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played his last game on March 2nd. They ruled him out for the remainder of the season on March 9th and he had some sort of surgery in mid March. I don't know the date of that. The clot was in his right arm, not chest like Bosh.

I wonder if that plays part in why the Pelicans do not want to work with the Lakers in an AD deal. Ingram played after the deal they were trying to put together was killed but hearing he had blood clots and missed a little over a month and needed surgery is concerning. I'm not saying the Lakers hid that from New Orleans, they didn't know either, but that puts a question around Ingram going forward. After seeing Bosh's career get ended early because of clots I can't see a team investing a lot in a player with similar issues because it's so unpredictable. It can be treated but it took a long time to figure out the cause of Bosh's if I remember correctly.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190410-ingram-continues-recovery-blood-clot-surgery#

This would raise red flags for sure.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank Magic for giving away Zubac, could have been another trade piece.

I think Griffin was being nice by saying that multiple teams are needed to get AD out of NO, mainly due to the lack of assets the lakers have now. Then Klutch fires back in a not so nice way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank Magic for giving away Zubac, could have been another trade piece.

That made zero sense. I think Zubac will be a free agent. He is a player I always wanted for the Suns.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kevin Love's extension that was much debated in this thread is about to kick in...

How much do you think he'd get on the open market right now? I'm thinkin... 2 years, 30 million total.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Kevin Love's extension that was much debated in this thread is about to kick in...

How much do you think he'd get on the open market right now? I'm thinkin... 2 years, 30 million total.

I'm thinking

Kevin Love signs 4-year, $120M extension with Cavaliers

It only takes one!