Why will Murray fail?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
So whats a "huge success" to you? On the mold of Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rapistburger? All he can do is be a game manager and he'll get that contract. Trubisky played his role and led them to the top of his division, you CANNOT DISPUTE THAT. He has opened the door for one year college wonders to thrive in this league. KK will be his Nagy and McVeigh who will tailor the offense around Murray's strengths and weaknesses.

SO being in the HOF is being a success to you? Wow the goal posts you move to prove a point. Can you name the Falcons qb before Vick without googling it? What career he had?? How many wins he had? How many playoff berths he led his team too? You dont think Murray will learn the game over time? Just like Trubisky learned the hard knocks before him?
Steve Bartkowski was the Falcons QB before Vick but I think there was one or 2 in between him and Vick I've slept since then though

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Didn't mean to come off as yelling, should've used bold instead of caps.

But you'll take a prime Chandler over a prime Vick???

Geoff took his team to the superbowl too. You would take him over Mahomes??
I don't want either Chandler or Vick. Both were on too many teams and didn't have enough success. Forget both of 'em, give me Matt Ryan.

I can't answer you on Goff until the story has been written. If Mahomes tanks this year without Hunt or Hill, and defenders start picking the ball off every time he tries his no look throw, then I'll want Goff.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks but the point I was trying to make was he is going to get hit and hurt Palmers injury may have shortened his career but IMHO was it not a hand or finger injury that done him in he just didn't seem the same afterwards
You do realize he had his best season statistically the following year, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I must’ve missed Vick’s Hall of Fame induction and the numerous All Pro teams he was named to. You can learn things over time. It would be more odd if I were still Stanning Vick despite the available.
Hate to rain on your parade but Vick had a decent career and if he wasn't such a thug knucklehead his career would have been better. Maybe not a hall of fame career but a decent career with decent numbers.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I don't want either Chandler or Vick. Both were on too many teams and didn't have enough success. Forget both of 'em, give me Matt Ryan.

I can't answer you on Goff until the story has been written. If Mahomes tanks this year without Hunt or Hill, and defenders start picking the ball off every time he tries his no look throw, then I'll want Goff.
Oh you guys are bringing up some good names from the past here Jeff George, Kris Chandler ( wasnt he on the Cards too for a little bit) Micheal Vick heavens I remember Donavan McNabb Who could scramble pretty good at one time Never forget him Throwing up one time on the field

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Hate to rain on your parade but Vick had a decent career and if he wasn't such a thug knucklehead his career would have been better. Maybe not a hall of fame career but a decent career with decent numbers.

As I recall his best years were in Philly after he stopped running around so much

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So whats a "huge success" to you? On the mold of Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rapistburger? All he can do is be a game manager and he'll get that contract. Trubisky played his role and led them to the top of his division, you CANNOT DISPUTE THAT. He has opened the door for one year college wonders to thrive in this league. KK will be his Nagy and McVeigh who will tailor the offense around Murray's strengths and weaknesses.

SO being in the HOF is being a success to you? Wow the goal posts you move to prove a point. Can you name the Falcons qb before Vick without googling it? What career he had?? How many wins he had? How many playoff berths he led his team too? You dont think Murray will learn the game over time? Just like Trubisky learned the hard knocks before him?
Chris Chandler. And he led the Falcons to the Super Bowl.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was that before the finger/ hand injury which is what I really think curtailed Palmer he couldn't grip the ball very good as I recall

Palmer hurt his finger in the same game against Philly that the Honey Badger blew his knee out. It was the last play of the game & we were winning like 45-17. Those injuries definitely cost us an opportunity to get to the SB. Palmer was never the same that season. Seemed like he couldn’t throw over 40 yards. Panthers knew that & embarrassed us in the NFC Championship game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Haskins = Leftwich with his slow windup

Good comp on Haskins, hadn't thought of that one.

My hot take of the 1st round is that Daniel Jones is going to be better than Haskins. Haskins horrid footwork is going to lead to picks. OSUs offense allowed him to throw a ton of short easier passes last year.

Haskins is Leftwich and Rodney Peete cloned. Which means he wont be a total bust, but hes not a starter.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
the NFL DC's will figure him out and he doesn't seem the type of guy that's going to reads/adjustments at the line. He'll be great on broken plays and running around helter skelter but that's not going to translate to wins. Defensive athletes are just too good.

Lamar Jackson was a prime example last year. Look at how quickly defenses figure him out come playoff time. I just have a hard time believing Murray can beat teams from the pocket and that's what he's going to have to do.

I have this feeling too (what was his wonderlic score?). Aaron Donald would have a field day (or whoever the spy is assigned to track him).

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really dont count him as he is much more of a passer first would you not agree
Wait what?! Hes a dual threat meaning he can beat you with his arm and his legs. Is an 80 percent passer in the pocket considered a "dual threat?" Because thats what Kyler is, smh.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have this feeling too (what was his wonderlic score?). Aaron Donald would have a field day (or whoever the spy is assigned to track him).

Brett Farve had a 22

Marino 16

Bu bu bu different era? Bu bu bu whats the next excuse?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Wait what?! Hes a dual threat meaning he can beat you with his arm and his legs. Is an 80 percent passer in the pocket considered a "dual threat?" Because thats what Kyler is, smh.
I know I mean he isnt a what I would consider a dual threat as in a 1 or 2 read and I'm gone he is looking to throw the ball if at all possible Run is the Absolutely Last resort would you not agree with that statement

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NFL level defensive coordinators and players doing to Kingsbury's Air Raid offensive what they did to the Run and Shoot is how Murray is going to fail in the NFL. Kill the quarterback is first and foremost how the passing game is defended in the NFL.

Concepts of the Air Raid offense:

1) Full time hurry up to wear down the defense - more plays = more opportunities to get hurt.

2) Pass first, up to 75% passes - that isn't running the ball to keep defenders from teeing off on your quarterback

3) Wide line splits - just giving holes for NFL speed to get to your quarterback.

4) Simplified system that doesn't feature route trees and runs the same plays over and over. A false pre-snap read, his one read covered and Murray is running for his life every other play.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I have no opinion on anything other than baseball vs football.

Any kid that has a chance at both should in my opinion STRONGLY consider baseball if at all possible and if I were advising my own kid in a similar situation I'd tell him to take the football money then go try baseball since football seems to be the more sure thing. I'd tell them to consider that option at least. I'd also tell them to go somewhere or favor anywhere that would not make them sign a contract that says no baseball.

I'd hate to tell them to lie so I'm not saying he is when he says he's not going to go to baseball but people will say what they have to say and he may even believe it but the idea is still there you have to think.

If he has a rough year what are the odds he doesn't start thinking that way?

Longer career, less chance of injury you'd have to think, no?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose