Why will Murray fail?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've spent all day watching Murray highlights. I'm trying, fellas. Why will he fail?

Adversity.

Kliff Kingsbury strikes me as a solid coaching choice, interestingly enough. What a bold coaching choice, especially with those around him. This league is changing, and all credit to Keim for noticing it. It's why I was amped for the addition of Clements. Let's create this hybrid attack with a prototypical thrower of the ball, and revolutionize things.

Kyler is so much fun to watch. Heavens to Betsy, that - what - 67-yard TD where they say he needs to get out of bounds? And then he just embarrasses everyone on the field with his speed? Nothing but wow. I can't help but hope he does it on every play, but I don't think he will.

I've laid down so many problems over so many threads. His trademark mobility will get killed with one right hit. He's never played with a team that lacks so much talent. He's so uncomfortable under the media spotlight, that I think he'll crumble under the pressure of getting booed or missing throws. Challenges will come.

This does not mean I think we had the solution on our roster, but it means we have saddled our horse, for better or worse.

Prove me wrong, please. There's no bigger fan who will admit his mistake.
You make really good posts. But I think at this point they are to help you through the process.. No worries though man...we are here for ya! :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here we go again... Just another thread to get the anti Murray folks going again. Look, we are still in the final stages of grief for these people...can we give em a break already?

The problem is that the anti-Murray crowd are the minority except for on this board.

Most people think Murray is pretty damn amazing.

I was converted because the evidence was so damn overwhelming.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Don’t worry you won’t be watching the offense you just described. Very little if any at all.

Why would K2 all of a sudden do what he’s hasn’t done & not play to the strengths of Murray? Look at Mahommes & what Reid morphed his West Coast offense too!
Really wasnt talking bout KK but His Replacement after the next year or 2 and please do not say it cant happen we just saw it happen last year. Will add though a coaching change had to happen QB change check back in 2 or 3 years if he last that long Ok

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Where are you laying anything down any problem with his play?

You havent.

Hes going to get killed? Weak sauce. He doesnt take big hits. I think you need to watch more tape.

Did you hear what Bickley said? Murray is built very solidly. There have been RBs his size that have taken 1000s of hits. He'll be fine.
I have, in multiple threads. I can't expect you to read every single one, so no worries.

My issues with his play have to do with having a ton of wide open receivers. I don't want to spend a ton of time on Rosen, because he's not what it's about, but I saw him throw into some really tight windows on college tape. The kind of pure throwing that's just intensely amazing. Murray's got just a few throws where I see elite ball placement. Again, it doesn't mean that Rosen would be better, just that I struggle to see Kyler make plays with his arm when things are going wrong.

He is going to take a big hit. No matter what, it's going to happen. Every QB has. We have one year of tape with a dominant offensive line to see what Kyler is like, and I'm terrified of a guy who doesn't have everything going for him. I have played the sport, and someone inevitably finds you.

When I say he's going to "get killed," I mean he's going to take an injury that takes away that mobility. That keeps him from bombing 75 yard passes to wide open WRs. And that he's in a gimmick offense, that is going to get sniffed out.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Exactly what you get when you watch only ESPN highlights lol

Every time I watch Murray highlights I’m blown away how good Hollywood Brown and CeeDee Lamb were. Not only getting open but making one handed catches and pulling in 50/50 balls, YAC etc... Nothing against Murray but probably every starter on offense last year is getting drafted eventually. They were stacked beyond belief.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Fyi QBs or any athlete for that matter do not necessarily have to get hit to be injured remember Carson tore up his knee without being touched Marino ruptured Achilles just moving around the list goes in and on and dont forget about injuries that happen in training camp or practice it's the nature of the game so when it happens your going to be stuck with Hundley how do ya like them there odds? And when this magical Murray mobility disappears what's going to happen then and believe Me It Will

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Every time I watch Murray highlights I’m blown away how good Hollywood Brown and CeeDee Lamb were. Not only getting open but making one handed catches and pulling in 50/50 balls, YAC etc... Nothing against Murray but probably every starter on offense last year is getting drafted eventually. They were stacked beyond belief.

Fair. But if you think the QB & his ability to get the ball to them doesn’t play a factor I don’t know what to say.

Hell I guess by what you’re saying is any team in the nation can role out John Boy or Joe Blow as QB & can compete for national championships & Super Bowls lol.

Bottom line is the 2 go hand in hand. You can only go so far without a talented passer & likewise without his weapons.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ehh. You could argue half of those throws don't even happen without a QB like Murray. Jmo

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Fair. But if you think the QB & his ability to get the ball to them doesn’t play a factor I don’t know what to say.

Hell I guess by what you’re saying is any team in the nation can role out John Boy or Joe Blow as QB & can compete for national championships & Super Bowls lol.

Bottom line is the 2 go hand in hand. You can only go so far without a talented passer & likewise with his weapons.

Both. He was incredible yet benefitted greatly from elite players around him. I also realize he had to play at a very high level to cover for their pathetic defense. I remember when OU fans were calling for Mike Stoops’ head but nothing changed after they fired him mid season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ehh. You could argue half of those throws don't even happen without a QB like Murray. Jmo

He can throw from different planes with impressive velocity for sure but Brown and Lamb looked like Moss and Carter out there. Mayfield had a lot of dudes as well. Dede Westbrook and Joe Mixon were unstoppable.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Ridiculous. His mechanics alone show how much time he puts into being a good QB.

You just throw out garbage that has no basis in reality just because your savior is gone to compete with Ryan Fitzpatrick in NFL turdland.[/QUOTE

:shrug:

Sounds like you got butthurt because somebody ripped your mancrush.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I remain skeptical.
I want to see him go thru his reads and progressions.
I want to see leadership
I want to see durability
I want to see how he handles adversity
I want to see how he handles the press without Daddy coaching /speaking for him.
I want to see how he handles criticism from fans and the media.
I want to see him throw into tight windows with defenders after him.
I want to see more than chuck and duck quick pass skills.
I want a QB that can run a non-gimmick offense if needed.
also.
I want to see him handle playing on a team that is not the most talented team in the league.
I want to see how he handles playing against the Best every week.
NONE of these thing are unreasonable and are asked of every rookie QB except he has the added pressure of being #1 pick of the whole draft.
and the microscope that goes with it.

When he does all these things consistently then I might be less skeptical.Maybe semi-impressed.
Now that he `s here I sure as hell don`t want him to fail but IMO its going to be a big step to take for him.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
When he does all these things consistently then I might be less skeptical.Maybe semi-impressed.
Now that he `s here I sure as hell don`t want him to fail but IMO its going to be a big step to take for him.
I get it I really do. What gives me hope is that Murray has seemed to excel at every level he's been at. Not just a little but at a level beyond what even great athletes reach.

I would rather take a chance on a player that just gets it done and excels than a player who never quite reaches that level. I have yet to see him fail so he will have to show me he can't get it done.

supercardss

Banned - Prior Troll
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is basically Lamar Jackson with Patrick Mahomes brain and arm Wow.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fyi QBs or any athlete for that matter do not necessarily have to get hit to be injured remember Carson tore up his knee without being touched Marino ruptured Achilles just moving around the list goes in and on and dont forget about injuries that happen in training camp or practice it's the nature of the game so when it happens your going to be stuck with Hundley how do ya like them there odds? And when this magical Murray mobility disappears what's going to happen then and believe Me It Will
For the record, Palmer reinjured his previously reconstructed knee. Wasn't like he blew out a healthy knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
the NFL DC's will figure him out and he doesn't seem the type of guy that's going to reads/adjustments at the line. He'll be great on broken plays and running around helter skelter but that's not going to translate to wins. Defensive athletes are just too good.

Lamar Jackson was a prime example last year. Look at how quickly defenses figure him out come playoff time. I just have a hard time believing Murray can beat teams from the pocket and that's what he's going to have to do.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the NFL DC's will figure him out and he doesn't seem the type of guy that's going to reads/adjustments at the line. He'll be great on broken plays and running around helter skelter but that's not going to translate to wins. Defensive athletes are just too good.

Lamar Jackson was a prime example last year. Look at how quickly defenses figure him out come playoff time. I just have a hard time believing Murray can beat teams from the pocket and that's what he's going to have to do.
We should’ve took Haskins huh?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It also helped the Chargers got the benefit of playing Lamar a 2nd time.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It also helped the Chargers got the benefit of playing Lamar a 2nd time.
True.Jackson was terrible the first half.The 2nd half adjustments were made and Jackson lead the Ravens back and was driving for the go ahead score when sacked again (7 sacks in the game) and fumbled.Point it he was forced to adjust and he acknowledged it after the game Said it showed him what he needs to improve this season.
Murray and KK will likely face the same.

Last edited:

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
For the record, Palmer reinjured his previously reconstructed knee. Wasn't like he blew out a healthy knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but the point I was trying to make was he is going to get hit and hurt Palmers injury may have shortened his career but IMHO was it not a hand or finger injury that done him in he just didn't seem the same afterwards

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson