Why will Murray fail?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Not to mention, why would the front office bring in a guy like that with Murray as the starting QB. I would hope they would be looking for a coach that fits their personnel.
They do the exact same as they did with Rosen ship Him Out they've done it once they will do it again especially if it Fails or front office

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They do the exact same as they did with Rosen ship Him Out they've done it once they will do it again especially if it Fails

Take a break man
U are too stressed regarding Murray being our new qb
A long time Cardinals fan should give him a chance a not just bash him every time, considering he haven't played a single snap yet

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Didn't I gave you examples of one year D1 college wonders that was a success in the NFL?

Here they go again: Trubisky, Vick, Cam Newton.

How can Trubisky be defined as a success in the NFL after one awful season and one season around the middle of the pack (15 in DYAR).

Vick didn’t fundamentally change the nature of the NFL as predicted when he came out—the same expectations set for Murray, BTW.

Cam and Aaron Rodgers both had significant reps as starters for JC championship teams.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Take a break man
A long time Cardinals fan should give him a chance a not just bash him every time, considering he didn't play a single snap yet
Not stressed just saying to all the Murray fanboys (Of which I Am Not) he is going to get hit and he is going to get hurt just asking why they dont think He won't

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the NFL DC's will figure him out and he doesn't seem the type of guy that's going to reads/adjustments at the line. He'll be great on broken plays and running around helter skelter but that's not going to translate to wins. Defensive athletes are just too good.

Lamar Jackson was a prime example last year. Look at how quickly defenses figure him out come playoff time. I just have a hard time believing Murray can beat teams from the pocket and that's what he's going to have to do.

The Ravens were on the verge of a losing season & firing their HOF HC until Lamar Jackson took the reins & led the team into the playoffs by winning 6 of 7 games. All that, and he's not nearly the passer that Murray is. Murray's game is far more multi-faceted than the naysayers want to admit. It won't be easy for defenses to totally figure him out, especially when the NFL rules favor the offense, and heavily favor protecting the QB position. For the foreseeable future, the NFL wants to see their QB's flourish. I think defenses will be on their heels & having to constantly make adjustments, more so than the reverse.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Take a break man
A long time Cardinals fan should give him a chance a not just bash him every time, considering he didn't play a single snap yet
Just getting a head start before the rest of the crowd is all

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I mean u can say something about other subjects too
I did Absolutely love this draft after the first Pick kinda wish the Lines were addressed more but that 3rd round pick Allen reminds me of Dockett which also was a 3rd rounder if he is half as good as Dock. We have have a hell of a player Deebo was the receiver I wanted but am good with the others and Yes This Team will improve how much I will say How much worse could it get 4 and 12 or 5 and 11 maybe 6 and 10 is about all that can be realistically expected and that actually is about average for any new coach/system what say you mr Juza76 will like your opinion in a good way

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How can Trubisky be defined as a success in the NFL after one awful season and one season around the middle of the pack (15 in DYAR).

Vick didn’t fundamentally change the nature of the NFL as predicted when he came out—the same expectations set for Murray, BTW.

Cam and Aaron Rodgers both had significant reps as starters for JC championship teams.
Trubisky led his team to number 1 in the NFC North last year and a playoff berth when Nagy took over. By that logic GOff isn't a success since he has a horrible rookie year but transformed when a coach came in and tailored the offense to his needs.

Vick resurrected the Falcons and pumped new life into that franchise, come on man, YOU said it yourself that Vick was the best qb in the NFL after he destroyed the skins on Monday night.

JC isn't D1 college football. Fact is that Cam had ONE year in D1 college then was drafted no.1 overall.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I said in another post misery love company and the Cardinals o will stick by that till proven wrong

You also said that Murray is cocky and thinks he’s better than everyone else. Could you post the link to the interview because I haven’t been able to find it?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Trubisky led his team to number 1 in the NFC North last year and a playoff berth when Nagy took over. By that logic GOff isn't a success since he has a horrible rookie year but transformed when a coach came in and tailored the offense to his needs.

Vick resurrected the Falcons and pumped new life into that franchise, come on man, YOU said it yourself that Vick was the best qb in the NFL after he destroyed the skins on Monday night.

JC isn't D1 college football. Fact is that Cam had ONE year in D1 college then was drafted no.1 overall.
I don’t think that Geoff is a huge success, either. Is he gonna get a second mega-contract? Well see, but a lot are wondering if he deserves it. I’m open to the idea that either of them could be good QBs in the long run, but neither of them have proven it.

I must’ve missed Vick’s Hall of Fame induction and the numerous All Pro teams he was named to. You can learn things over time. It would be more odd if I were still Stanning Vick despite the available evidence.

Okay, but starts and reps matter. Cam and Rodgers got the starts and reps, and Murray didn’t. You can dismiss that, but it did happen.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Didn't I gave you examples of one year D1 college wonders that was a success in the NFL?

Here they go again: Trubisky, Vick, Cam Newton.
For the millionth time, Vick was not a success. If we get five seasons out of Murray, one where he misses an entire season with an injury after a stupid running play, and then he goes to another team, with two playoff appearances to show for it, it will not be a success.

Flashy running stats and exciting plays do not count for success. Wins are the only metric.

I can't believe these guys are still boohooing over an overrated qb who slid on draft day, has two concussion and a bad shoulder coming out of college, arrogant attitude who didnt thank the Cards when drafted him and just said the previous teams made 10 mistakes, arrogant play on the field, regressed during the season, has Jay Cutler vibes, missed easy reads and throws in a clean pocket, but these guys think we traded away Aaron Rodgers.
And oh boy, the same "make it all about Josh Rosen" argument again.

Conveniently ignoring that no one has been talking about Rosen, just about your boy, who we think is going to be a mediocre, one-contract-then-baseball, QB in the NFL.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
You also said that Murray is cocky and thinks he’s better than everyone else. Could you post the link to the interview because I haven’t been able to find it?
If I did I don't remember but to me yes he does absolutely not a fan if his at all and cant actually see how his game translates to NFL after a short time

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
For the millionth time, Vick was not a success. If we get five seasons out of Murray, one where he misses an entire season with an injury after a stupid running play, and then he goes to another team, with two playoff appearances to show for it, it will not be a success.

Flashy running stats and exciting plays do not count for success. Wins are the only metric.

Conveniently ignoring that no one has been talking about Rosen, just about your boy, who we think is going to be a mediocre, one-contract-then-baseball, QB in the NFL.
I haven't mentioned one time bout Rosen the thread states Why Murray will fail not how he will succeed

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Cry more sugartits, I wont take this post seriously.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think that Geoff is a huge success, either. Is he gonna get a second mega-contract? Well see, but a lot are wondering if he deserves it. I’m open to the idea that either of them could be good QBs in the long run, but neither of them have proven it.

I must’ve missed Vick’s Hall of Fame induction and the numerous All Pro teams he was named to. You can learn things over time. It would be more odd if I were still Stanning Vick despite the available evidence.

Okay, but starts and reps matter. Cam and Rodgers got the starts and reps, and Murray didn’t. You can dismiss that, but it did happen.
So whats a "huge success" to you? On the mold of Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rapistburger? All he can do is be a game manager and he'll get that contract. Trubisky played his role and led them to the top of his division, you CANNOT DISPUTE THAT. He has opened the door for one year college wonders to thrive in this league. KK will be his Nagy and McVeigh who will tailor the offense around Murray's strengths and weaknesses.

SO being in the HOF is being a success to you? Wow the goal posts you move to prove a point. Can you name the Falcons qb before Vick without googling it? What career he had?? How many wins he had? How many playoff berths he led his team too? You dont think Murray will learn the game over time? Just like Trubisky learned the hard knocks before him?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
For those who are extremely upset about Bidwill’s and Keim’s decision to draft QB Kyler Murray, yes, it does make the Cardinals look foolish to spend all of the draft capital and money on two 1st round QBs back to back.

Your frustration right now is completely understandable.

However, greatness in professional sports today begins and ends with the players who touch the ball the most. And today, more than ever, teams are coveting speed and creativity. In baseball, the best pitchers can bring the heat, but also command the strike zone with curve balls and sliders. In basketball, the best point guards are the ones who can beat their man off the dribble and then be able to score or drop a dime to an open teammate. These days, in the NFL, coaches are turning to speedy, elusive and imaginative QBs who can drop dimes from the pocket and yet who can turn broken plays into Sports Center highlights.

When the Cardinals drafted QB Kyler Murray last night, they courageouly gambled on greatness.

Kyler Murray is a Houdini in cleats, who boasts the arm of a pitching ace and the creativity of an All-Star point guard.

Excerpt from Mitch at ROB. I have been saying this for months now: https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2...yler-murray-with-first-pick-in-2019-nfl-draft

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You're counting glorified HS teams? Players routinely dominate JUCO level and struggle at big programs. Can we count Murray thoroughly dominating at the highest level of Texas high school football then?

It's not the same thing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
By all accounts Murray basically starting preparing to be a QB at the age of six.

When he showed up to Allen HS, basically the best HS football program in Texas, he was the best player on the team as a 5'8 QB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Trubisky didnt show nearly the talent coming out if Chapel Hill that Murray did at OU.

His feather in his cap was that he had good size and numbers. I expect Murray will be better than Trubs, especially considering he was the third best QB in his draft.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So whats a "huge success" to you? On the mold of Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rapistburger? All he can do is be a game manager and he'll get that contract. Trubisky played his role and led them to the top of his division, you CANNOT DISPUTE THAT. He has opened the door for one year college wonders to thrive in this league. KK will be his Nagy and McVeigh who will tailor the offense around Murray's strengths and weaknesses.

SO being in the HOF is being a success to you? Wow the goal posts you move to prove a point. Can you name the Falcons qb before Vick without googling it? What career he had?? How many wins he had? How many playoff berths he led his team too? You dont think Murray will learn the game over time? Just like Trubisky learned the hard knocks before him?

I actually can, it was Chris Chandler, and he led the team to a Super Bowl, something Vick never did.

Your move, bro. Maybe do your own research instead of just yelling.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually can, it was Chris Chandler, and he led the team to a Super Bowl, something Vick never did.

Your move, bro. Maybe do your own research instead of just yelling.
Didn't mean to come off as yelling, should've used bold instead of caps.

But you'll take a prime Chandler over a prime Vick???

Geoff took his team to the superbowl too. You would take him over Mahomes??