Why will Murray fail?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not stressed just saying to all the Murray fanboys (Of which I Am Not) he is going to get hit and he is going to get hurt just asking why they dont think He won't
He will and he will. Just like any other QB. And he’ll come back and pick up where he left off like any other QB or he won’t bc it will be a career ending injury just like any other QB. Whoop-Dee-freaking-doo!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
NFL level defensive coordinators and players doing to Kingsbury's Air Raid offensive what they did to the Run and Shoot is how Murray is going to fail in the NFL. Kill the quarterback is first and foremost how the passing game is defended in the NFL.

Concepts of the Air Raid offense:

1) Full time hurry up to wear down the defense - more plays = more opportunities to get hurt.

2) Pass first, up to 75% passes - that isn't running the ball to keep defenders from teeing off on your quarterback

3) Wide line splits - just giving holes for NFL speed to get to your quarterback.

4) Simplified system that doesn't feature route trees and runs the same plays over and over. A false pre-snap read, his one read covered and Murray is running for his life every other play.
You just painted yourself into a corner. #3 is the only one that pertains to KK’s offense. Do some research then presume to know anything about KK’s offense. For months i hand t commented on it bc I thought I knew the air raid but hadn’t researched KK in particular. Once I did I realized I didn’t really know his air raid. You’ve now evidenced you don’t either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is a great post.

Honest truth, I do think some version of the Air Raid is going to be the way the NFL has to go in the future, just because of the lack of other concepts being taught in the college game, but it's not here yet. The old guard of coaching is going to have to retire.

My fear is we're about a decade too early.
You also don’t understand KK’s air raid philosophy. Bc that’s what it is. It’s not an offense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His actual play is ok.
I worry about his lack of experience.
I worry about his preparation and work ethic as he has always succeeded with sheer athletic ability.
I worry about his ability to overcome adversity, because he has never done it that I have seen.

That is how he fails in the NFL.
So . . .

His lack of experience, which could be said about Haskins too. Don’t know that experience really translates and experienced college QBs fail in the NFL too.

His work ethic which his coaches have raves about.

His winning . . . which is now a problem? I have literally never heard this as an argument against any prospect in my decades of watching football. It’s the single biggest reach argument I’ve ever heard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
IMHO recipe for disaster and a rather short career in the NFL as has been stated on here and other places Murray isnt to adaptable to other systems so We all shall see
Again total conjecture.

No argument made yet on his actual football playing ability. So funny.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Does anyone think that Even the Great Mahomes is going to have it easy as last year these defensive guys in the NFL and can will adapt rather quickly so what or why do most think Murray will succeed should be the question
No qb “has it easy.” Its the nfl. Every player (not just QBs) have to adapt.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol. I know. The problem with most , both pro and con Murray guys is the anti Murray see epic failure and the pro Murray guys see rainbows and unicorns. It will be a little of both.
Totally agree. He’ll still be a rookie QB playing in what was the worst team in the NFl with a new coaching staff.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So . . .

His lack of experience, which could be said about Haskins too. Don’t know that experience really translates and experienced college QBs fail in the NFL too.

His work ethic which his coaches have raves about.

His winning . . . which is now a problem? I have literally never heard this as an argument against any prospect in my decades of watching football. It’s the single biggest reach argument I’ve ever heard.

Like I said, you don't see prospects with tremendous mechanics who lack work ethic. It's a ridiculously BAD argument. I will compare Murray to another undersized player from another sport....Step Curry. His shooting stroke is so amazing because he shoots the ball 10,000s of time to get that good.

Kyler Murray has thrown the ball 10,000s of times to get that kind of mechanics. Everyone who knows him says that about him. His high school coach, his college coaches, everyone. It's an ignorant, weak, stupid argument.

He has worked at his craft at a level that I almost haven't seen, because the kid grew up from like the age of 6, dreaming of being a QB like his father.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again total conjecture.

No argument made yet on his actual football playing ability. So funny.

His dad....

He won too much....

No adversity (Texas game? His time at A&M? Alabama game?)

He's short...(the NFL is now only fully accepting of short QBs)

What about his throwing mechanics? His ability to read defenses? His presnap reads? His arm strength? His ability to escape the pocket, or stand in the pocket and make throws? You don't see any argument on THESE things, because he's head and shoulders better at all these things combined than Rosen, Haskins, Lock, Jones, or any other QB the Cardinals could have acquired.

What I'm excited about is for ONCE the Cardinals have a guy who can not only be the QB for the next few years, but a guy that teams REALLY have to account for. If (and it's a huge if for 95% of all college QBs coming into the NFL) he works out, he could be amazing. I don't think people are discounting him are looking at the big picture of what Kyler Murray could be.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I believe his hands measured average to maybe a little above average for QBs.
That wasnt what I was talking about but thanks for the information I was refering to the hand injuries that result from playing the game such as banging them off helmets lord there is a million different ways to get hurt playing this game all I ever got was a Busted arm and a dislocated thumb. I think there was a case where someone's fingers got caught in a face mask one time

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Murray had fewer than 400 passing attempts at Oklahoma. Nearly all of them were against very bad defenses with far superior teammates. How many of those attempts were when the game was in doubt?

That's the biggest risk. You can say it doesn't matter because WINZ or whatever, but the fact remains that you're feeling very certain about a QB who's taken very few meaningful snaps. We don't know what we don't know about this guy.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray might be amazing or he might not be...

Time will tell.

Look at Case Keenum, the guy some want here as a backup.

Keenum is the NCAA's all-time leader in total passing yards, touchdowns, and completions.

He had three college seasons better than Kyler's Heisman season and he is being talked about as our backup.

What you do in college does not always translate to success at the next level.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Murray might be amazing or he might not be...

Time will tell.

Look at Case Keenum, the guy some want here as a backup.

Keenum is the NCAA's all-time leader in total passing yards, touchdowns, and completions.

He had three college seasons better than Kyler's Heisman season and he is being talked about as our backup.

What you do in college does not always translate to success at the next level.

That's only looking at raw numbers.

Look at individual throws to see the truth. That's why so many people like Kyler Murray.

The legitimate criticisms are the level of play and lack of adversity.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I was pro Rosen but I can accept the 'what if' with Murray... what is it with all these negative waves, why can't we all say something righteous and hopeful for a change :)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You also don’t understand KK’s air raid philosophy. Bc that’s what it is. It’s not an offense.
I shouldn't have really called it a gimmick. I've actually been excited about Kingsbury. I'm a little worried we're too "all-in" now, is all.

I don't think people are discounting him are looking at the big picture of what Kyler Murray could be.
I am. I really don't fail to comprehend it. And I understand why Murray lovers are so excited... we're desperate for some spice in our lives as Cardinals fans. The past three years have made us felt like unloved housewives, and Kyler's our romance novel protagonist.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Murray had fewer than 400 passing attempts at Oklahoma. Nearly all of them were against very bad defenses with far superior teammates. How many of those attempts were when the game was in doubt?

That's the biggest risk. You can say it doesn't matter because WINZ or whatever, but the fact remains that you're feeling very certain about a QB who's taken very few meaningful snaps. We don't know what we don't know about this guy.
Lol. His team’s goal was a national championship but they were meaningless snaps. Wow, the lengths you’re going now . . .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose