Why will Murray fail?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
you said the Chargers benefitted against Jackson by playing him a 2nd time. The Cards main rivals will all see Murray twice a year.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we go again... Just another thread to get the anti Murray folks going again. Look, we are still in the final stages of grief for these people...can we give em a break already?
Really not trying at all to get the anti Murray camp going. Mainly wondering after a couple of days to let this all sink in everyone’s thoughts.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Really not trying at all to get the anti Murray camp going. Mainly wondering after a couple of days to let this all sink in everyone’s thoughts.

I don`t really think its turned into a Anti-Murray rant.IMO its fans showing concerns and questions about Murray,his game,and other issues.Legitimate questions and issues IMO.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remain skeptical.
I want to see him go thru his reads and progressions.
I want to see leadership
I want to see durability
I want to see how he handles adversity
I want to see how he handles the press without Daddy coaching /speaking for him.
I want to see how he handles criticism from fans and the media.
I want to see him throw into tight windows with defenders after him.
I want to see more than chuck and duck quick pass skills.
I want a QB that can run a non-gimmick offense if needed.
also.
I want to see him handle playing on a team that is not the most talented team in the league.
I want to see how he handles playing against the Best every week.
NONE of these thing are unreasonable and are asked of every rookie QB except he has the added pressure of being #1 pick of the whole draft.
and the microscope that goes with it.

When he does all these things consistently then I might be less skeptical.Maybe semi-impressed.
Now that he `s here I sure as hell don`t want him to fail but IMO its going to be a big step to take for him.
Have to laugh a little here. If he does all those things you might be semi- impressed? I would think you’d be blown away.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
the NFL DC's will figure him out and he doesn't seem the type of guy that's going to reads/adjustments at the line. He'll be great on broken plays and running around helter skelter but that's not going to translate to wins. Defensive athletes are just too good.

Lamar Jackson was a prime example last year. Look at how quickly defenses figure him out come playoff time. I just have a hard time believing Murray can beat teams from the pocket and that's what he's going to have to do.
He is a pocket passer no question.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Have to laugh a little here. If he does all those things you might be semi- impressed? I would think you’d be blown away.
Yea he has to answer ALL these questions I made up then I will start to give him a chance. Maybe . Wow

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don’t you think Sooner nation had the same questions on his height before last year?
Were they able to stop mouth-breathing long enough to ask them?

Murray didn’t play until last year. College is a different game where there’s a broader range of historical success for QBs.

There’s obviously no question that he has the physical tools to be successful. But he’s lost 2 games in the last 3 years with the most stacked rosters in the country. There’s no evidence of how he’s going to respond to an extended period of adversity on the field.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
He's our QB now so I certainly do NOT want him to fail nor am I rooting for him to fail! I really don't care about his college highlight reels or his fantastic runs etc..can he translate that to the NFL level , maybe and maybe not. No one can point to his college play and say he'll do this or that great in the NFL because he hasn't faced an Aaron Donald tyoe yet, yes he can scramble but NFL caliber Defenses are gonna be alot faster also.
What I'm saying is instead of trying to convince everyone how great he'll BE let's wait and see how KK adjusts to the nfl first because THAT is actually going to determine if Kyler becomes great or not, imho I , for one, want him to the qbof and be great for many years, we just have to wait for camp now

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
the NFL DC's will figure him out and he doesn't seem the type of guy that's going to reads/adjustments at the line. He'll be great on broken plays and running around helter skelter but that's not going to translate to wins. Defensive athletes are just too good.

Lamar Jackson was a prime example last year. Look at how quickly defenses figure him out come playoff time. I just have a hard time believing Murray can beat teams from the pocket and that's what he's going to have to do.
Lamar is not the passer that Murray is. A simple look at their stats in their last year of college points that out. Murray last year 4300 yards passing, 43 TDs, 7 INTs, 69% Comp%, 11.6 YPA, 1001 Rushing yards and 12 rushing TDs on 140 attempts. Jackson in 2017 put up 3660 yards passing, 27 TDs, 10 INTs, 59% comp%, 8.5 YPA, 1600 Rushing yards and 18 rushing TDs on 232 attempts. Clearly Jackson was a significantly less effective passer in college and much more reliant on running to be productive and while Murray still did a lot of damage running the ball he was still arguably the best QB in college last year even without the rushing stats.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Murray didn’t play until last year. College is a different game where there’s a broader range of historical success for QBs.

There’s obviously no question that he has the physical tools to be successful. But he’s lost 2 games in the last 3 years with the most stacked rosters in the country. There’s no evidence of how he’s going to respond to an extended period of adversity on the field.

And this is the biggest question about Murray, the most legitimate one.

Everyone who knows Murray says he is a perfectionist. He expects perfection from himself and his teammates. Is he going to lash out at then when he loses?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Simple say KK gets canned after this season Can he function in a traditional 2 Back pro style offense remember guys No one has ever seen or produced a film under center that I've seen Has anyone else?
Yes I think against Texas or OK st.

With that said most of the qb's coming out recently performed shotgun like 90 percent of the time.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There isn’t a good comp for him. Maybe RG3 considering the skilset, offense and conference. But like Mayfield RG3 started 3+ years... For the record RG3 would’ve been an excellent QB had he not turned into a mental midget past the LOS. Murray is a much smarter runner.
RG3 is a horrid example. They dont have the same game.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only way Murray fails is your O line
It wasn’t addressed at all other than JR Sweezy and a late round pick

Keim should have had a picture of Aaron Donald and Nick Bosa on the wall in the draft room to remind him they’re there to kill his shiney new toy.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fyi QBs or any athlete for that matter do not necessarily have to get hit to be injured remember Carson tore up his knee without being touched Marino ruptured Achilles just moving around the list goes in and on and dont forget about injuries that happen in training camp or practice it's the nature of the game so when it happens your going to be stuck with Hundley how do ya like them there odds? And when this magical Murray mobility disappears what's going to happen then and believe Me It Will
Funny since he throws in the pocket 80 percent of the time.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Lamar is not the passer that Murray is. A simple look at their stats in their last year of college points that out. Murray last year 4300 yards passing, 43 TDs, 7 INTs, 69% Comp%, 11.6 YPA, 1001 Rushing yards and 12 rushing TDs on 140 attempts. Jackson in 2017 put up 3660 yards passing, 27 TDs, 10 INTs, 59% comp%, 8.5 YPA, 1600 Rushing yards and 18 rushing TDs on 232 attempts. Clearly Jackson was a significantly less effective passer in college and much more reliant on running to be productive and while Murray still did a lot of damage running the ball he was still arguably the best QB in college last year even without the rushing stats.

And you obviously don`t realize that Jackson played with a team with much less talent around him also.That factors in also.Jackson was basically the entire offense at Louisville .Young Offensive line,WRs who dropped a bunch of passes etc;.I know what happened.As a Louisville fan I saw it .Jackson is not as accurate as Murray but when you have draftpicks protecting you,draft picks catching your passes etc it makes a difference.Jackson was 6-1 as a rookie Starting QB.He was okay but he acknowledged he has much to work on .murray will be in the same boat..NFL defenses will adjust to him and him and KK will have to adjusts to counter.Murray had more offensive teammates become draft picks this year than Jackson did in his 3 years at Louisville.Talent is a great thing to have but you can`t do it alone.Not even Murray.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a typical Cardinal fan response after just drafting the most exciting QB to enter the NFL in a long time. Instead of focusing on why he would FAIL, we should be talking about how, after adding him & a ton of exciting draft picks, the Cardinals will be the team that everyone will want to watch next year. We are so used to being the team that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory, that the word "FAIL" somehow has to always enter into our discussions. Be positive folks, this will be a fun ride.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Didn't I gave you examples of one year D1 college wonders that was a success in the NFL?

Here they go again: Trubisky, Vick, Cam Newton.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a typical Cardinal fan response after just drafting the most exciting QB to enter the NFL in a long time. Instead of focusing on why he would FAIL, we should be talking about how, after adding him & a ton of exciting draft picks, the Cardinals will be the team that everyone will want to watch next year. We are so used to being the team that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory, that the word "FAIL" somehow has to always enter into our discussions. Be positive folks, this will be a fun ride.
I can't believe these guys are still boohooing over an overrated qb who slid on draft day, has two concussion and a bad shoulder coming out of college, arrogant attitude who didnt thank the Cards when drafted him and just said the previous teams made 10 mistakes, arrogant play on the field, regressed during the season, has Jay Cutler vibes, missed easy reads and throws in a clean pocket, but these guys think we traded away Aaron Rodgers.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson