Robert Nkemdiche aka "The Inactive One"

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
IMO the worst bust in Cards history didn't happen in ARizona.

I'd say the worst was WR Clyde Duncan, the Cards were a playoff team that desperately needed another WR and a punt returner. Everyone expected us to take Louis Lipps who did both, but instead we took Duncan, he was terrible, Lipps was the ROY in Pittsburgh, and we didn't make the playoffs.

I'd also say the K picks of Steve Little and John Lee were busts of pretty epic proportions.

The Duncan pick resulted in a rule change. The Cards actually negotiated the contract before the draft and he was the one willing to take the low offer. You can only negotiate with the first pick, then the second if the first has agreed to terms.

This is on of many horrific picks GM George Boone made.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All good bust choices, but a few more good ones from the St. Louis era:

- 1987 6th overall pick - Kelly Stouffer QB - sat out the whole season & re-entered the 88 draft. Never played a down for us.
- 1984 17th overalll pick - Clyde Duncan WR - 4 career receptions. Nothing else needs to be said
- 1965 12th overall pick - Joe Namath - Bidwill lowballed him, he then put the AFL on the map by signing with the Jets. One of the most embarrassing moments, not just for the Cardinals, but also for the NFL.
- 1978 15th overall pick - Steve Little K - we all know what happened here, no need to further depress us.
- 1977 19th overall pick - Steve Pisarkiewicz QB - was drafted to replace Jim Hart. Started 4 games in his Cardinal career & trust me, it was ugly
Like your list. But what about Cooper?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like your list. But what about Cooper?

Cooper definitely belongs on any Cardinal bust list, but he’s still in the NFL. And we did get a great player in a trade for him. If you look at this franchise, good era’s were followed by crap era’s due mainly to piss poor drafts. We are in the midst of a down era right now. We can stop the bleeding with a better draft class this year, but we’ll have to wait and see.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way too early to tell. The hall of Famers show up early in spurts. The only real problem I have with him is that we let CC walk because of him. We at least needed to see him play before letting one of our best walk.
We let cc walk because of the monster contract.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Duncan pick resulted in a rule change. The Cards actually negotiated the contract before the draft and he was the one willing to take the low offer. You can only negotiate with the first pick, then the second if the first has agreed to terms.

This is on of many horrific picks GM George Boone made.

Not saying that's not true but if he took the deal, how come it took us so long to sign him? He was a holdout, that is what it made it even worse, his agent had never been an NFL agent before and the contract dragged out.

Maybe it was because the agent was so new he didn't think accepting the deal before the pick was made mattered and he tried to renegotiate it after he got picked?

That pick killed us though, with Lipps we were a playoff team easily, with Duncan we were one WR short.

To me it was the worst because that one pick was the difference between the playoffs or not.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not saying that's not true but if he took the deal, how come it took us so long to sign him? He was a holdout, that is what it made it even worse, his agent had never been an NFL agent before and the contract dragged out.

Maybe it was because the agent was so new he didn't think accepting the deal before the pick was made mattered and he tried to renegotiate it after he got picked?

That pick killed us though, with Lipps we were a playoff team easily, with Duncan we were one WR short.

To me it was the worst because that one pick was the difference between the playoffs or not.

Or Dollar Bill had to wait for the TV money to come in to pay his bonus. :pullhair:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really was hoping he had a break out year but after watching him get his ass kicked yesterday I've lost hope.

Yeah me too. Watching him get constantly locked up by a single guard was very disappointing. Then leaving with another lower leg injury. Bust

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Diche is a bust so far, we will see if he makes it to a real game and matter there, for now, our D is maybe even better without him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I really was hoping he had a break out year but after watching him get his ass kicked yesterday I've lost hope.
Exactly like college!

I truely believe People freaked out too much about his athleticism & physical traits from his younger days in high school. It’s easy to dominate early in HS when your bigger, stronger & athletic. But many don’t mature for another couple of years & then they have caught up. This is exactly what I think has happened to Bustdiche. He rarely produced in college, only in flashes.

Imo hes always been overhyped, overvalued based off his production.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has flashed an impressive amount of talent on certain plays. But, he hasn't sustained it, and gets hurt a lot. I don't think he will be cut, but yes, he has been nothing more than a tease up to this point. For Cards fans, Diche is a dancer in a topless bar.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
expecting anything but camp raves for this kid is setting yourself up for heartache.

dude sucks and is made of glass. bad combo.

He's got nuttin'. Sad fact is he'll be on the roster for this year.