Arizona Cardinals Rookie Minicamp May 11 - May 13

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's possible, but could any "regulars" following this thread / attending the minicamp give us some sort of idea of what specifically goes on at minicamp?

What's the daily drill-schedule look like?

Are rooks at each position re-timed for various drills to see where they rank in comparison with the other rooks? If so, who were the winners? Losers?

What are the drills like - one-on ones? Playbook walk-thrus? etc.

Any free time? Or is every minute from morning till Lights Out devoted to football?

Who flashed (positively? negatively)?

(That sort of stuff)

not open to public

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm excited about this draft class. On paper and to my eye, I expect this class to contribute. Rosen has a chance to be a starter for over a decade. I think Kirk becomes a reliable #2 receiver in the NFL. Cole just needs to get bigger and stronger, but his technique jumps out on film and I think he's going to be a long term starter as well. I have a good feeling about Edmonds, I think he becomes the backup for a few years and will have his own moments. And Chris Campbell....more of a long shot, but I really like his film, pretty good technique and good build for the modern NFL. I think Campbell could surprise.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
22 teams around the NFL open up their rookie minicamp including the #AZCardinals; they’ll be on the practice field this morning. All eyes will be on quarterback Josh Rosen and the 2018 rookie class, plus undrafted free agents and tryouts players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
#UDFA keep an on: -University of Sioux Falls LB Dennis Gardeck -Appalachian State S AJ Howard -Wisconsin DE Alec James -Wisconsin FB Austin Ramesh -Princeton QB Chad Kanoff -Ferris State CB Tavierre Thomas -Vanderbilt WR Trent Sherfield -South Florida CB Deatrick Nichols

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty stoked for this rookie crop. Hope they experience a lot of success.

It's amazing what one draft can do for the psyche. Up until the draft I was very happy with the Wilks hire and his staff. I was also satisfied with the FA signings the Cardinals have made so far. However I was kind of ho hum about the upcoming season. It just seemed like this season was going to be about rebuilding with an outside chance at being competitive if everyone stayed healthy. Yet the future still remained cloudy. There just wasn't that spark of hope for the future I guess.

I'm always excited about a new season but I wasn't all in on this one yet. Then this draft was like a much needed shot in the arm to renew my excitement about the future of the Cardinals.

I still don't think much has changed with the Cardinals chance of being competitive this year even after this exciting draft. I believe that the Cards have an outside chance of being competitive enough to make the playoffs. I think it's just I'm more excited at the direction of where the Cardinals are heading.

Its amazing how a couple of draft picks can re-stoke the fire of my Cardinals fandom. I have to say it's burning hotter than ever right now!

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We'll have a total of 61 players participating in Rookie Minicamp.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That seems like an awful lot of tryout players, I am not sure if that is the norm or not but it at least seems like a lot

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
keep an eye on #17 Jalen Tolliver, WR

he should have been a day three draft pick. with our weak WR group he has a good chance of making the roster.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
JMO...this class has the potential to be a franchise changer...if Rosen, Kirk, and Cole can all develop into league average starters at QB, WR, and C, we will be in business. A ton of cost savings at positions that get paid.