Game of Thrones (HBO)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Amazing. This show, if it hadn't already, is on the cusp of becoming the greatest television show of all time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing. This show, if it hadn't already, is on the cusp of becoming the greatest television show of all time.

It already is. Unbelievable finale. We are on the official countdown to the end of the show and yet 8 final episodes seems unfair considering how great this show is.

Holy $&$@$.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Phenomenal. My goodness, do we really have to wait a year now?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am getting soft in my old age, lol... but when Bran was reciting Jons heritage,...that whole "montage" or whatever... it made me kinda teary eyed to see his identity and heritage confirmed,... pretty sure dude aint gonna believe it though..lol... I imagine that is when Varys will produce the letter.

Loved the meeting between the hound and his brother...some foreshadowing there for the rumored Clegane Bowl??

I also enjoyed Brienne and Cleganes conversation...and the obvious look of pride and affection for Arya when Brienne mentions how dangerous the girl is.

It appears we lost Barrick and Tormund... but I do not think so...I imagine they road a huge chunk of ice into the sea and swam their frozen asses back to shore to hide.... not major characters, but Tormund is a fan favorite and that would be a really cheap way to kill him off... he deserves a glorious death if that is what they have planned for him.

kinda liked seeing little finger realize what was up,...and end up on his knees begging... but his end was swift and a bit anti-climactic ...a few more gurgles and another gallon of blood would have been better imo,lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh... I know I'm probably in the super minority did anything happen in that finale that you didn't see coming from a mile away?

The Arya-Sansa part of the story was solid, Jaime was surprising, and they MIGHT have set up a big surprise down the road with someone else, but otherwise, I wasn't that impressed.

I was also wayyyy too hyped for it so that could have something to do with my reaction.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... did anyone but me think Tyrion turned back to family and betrayed Jon and Dany after showing the look on his face standing in the hallway. He's not jealous of Jon... he was practically egging Dany on to bone his brains out a couple episodes ago.

I'm thinking they cut out of the convo between him and Cersei early for a reason.

There's got to be one MASSIVE betrayal yet to happen. Everything is going too pat at this point. We knew Cersei was going to betray her word, but she seemed to be reeling Tyrion back in, especially by letting him know she was pregnant.

And they've seemingly completely redeemed Jaime. Did one Lannister turn his back on Cersei only for another to turn back toward her?
[/QUOTE]

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All right, I need some insight. Didn't we all know Jon Snow was a Targerian and we knew Dany was his aunt? Or did I miss something here?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
All right, I need some insight. Didn't we all know Jon Snow was a Targerian and we knew Dany was his aunt? Or did I miss something here?
the reveal in that was the fact that his parents were married.. if he were a bastard Danarys claim is stronger,..but being a legit born Targaryen means Jon/Aegon is the actual trueborn heir to the iron throne since his dad was Danys older brother

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't think Tyrion would ever trust cersei enough to ally with her again... but there may be some slim chance it was his idea for her to lie about committing her troops... he recognizes the threat to humanity and knows Dany is less likely to fully commit without cersei being on board.... if they defeat the army of the dead and still have at least one dragon there is no way cersei defeats them anyway.... but it was very ballsy of the little dude to tempt her with the mountain and him being all alone and such..... I think the bigger betrayal was foreshadowed.... Jaime has been trying hard to regain/maintain his honor and cersei showed she thinks it is a joke... that hurt the guys feelings.... I mean really, he rode north to face an army of a hundred thousand walking dead men,...alone,...or at least to join with the enemy to face them. he also basically dared her to set the Clegane zombie on him before he went....she failed both opportunities to kill a sibling tonight.[/QUOTE]
So... did anyone but me think Tyrion turned back to family and betrayed Jon and Dany after showing the look on his face standing in the hallway. He's not jealous of Jon... he was practically egging Dany on to bone his brains out a couple episodes ago.

I'm thinking they cut out of the convo between him and Cersei early for a reason.

There's got to be one MASSIVE betrayal yet to happen. Everything is going too pat at this point. We knew Cersei was going to betray her word, but she seemed to be reeling Tyrion back in, especially by letting him know she was pregnant.

And they've seemingly completely redeemed Jaime. Did one Lannister turn his back on Cersei only for another to turn back toward her?
[/QUOTE]

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about the one maester's prophecy that the drowned King would rise up and kill Aegon the Conqueror? If so I hope the Lord of light feels like bringing him back one more time.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tryrion obviously made some sort of deal with Cersei. His look as Jon went into Dany's room seemed more like "I hate myself" for what I did verses being angry to me.

What deal did he make? The thing I am struggling with is that Tyrion can't possibly think that Cersei would hold up her part of the bargain. He knows her too well. By the end of the episode the audience clearly is let in that she won't.

I know he is hoping that Cersei sees the need but she played him. She knew he would care about the child and the future of the Lannister line. Again, regardless he can't possibly think for one second she keeps her word.

Whatever he promised I don't think it's going to be a complete betrayal. I think whatever he gave up will be a blow to Dany but not a complete betrayal. More like a self preservation type thing for his family.

The problem I have with the part of the story line is that everybody is sort of like....yeah...she will help us which is not realistic considering her track record.

Jamie Lannister is going to be the "redeemed" character for the show. It's been coming for some time and Cersei just pushed him over the edge. It's the last straw.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tryrion obviously made some sort of deal with Cersei. His look as Jon went into Dany's room seemed more like "I hate myself" for what I did verses being angry to me.

What deal did he make? The thing I am struggling with is that Tyrion can't possibly think that Cersei would hold up her part of the bargain. He knows her too well. By the end of the episode the audience clearly is let in that she won't.

I know he is hoping that Cersei sees the need but she played him. She knew he would care about the child and the future of the Lannister line. Again, regardless he can't possibly think for one second she keeps her word.

Whatever he promised I don't think it's going to be a complete betrayal. I think whatever he gave up will be a blow to Dany but not a complete betrayal. More like a self preservation type thing for his family.

The problem I have with the part of the story line is that everybody is sort of like....yeah...she will help us which is not realistic considering her track record.

Jamie Lannister is going to be the "redeemed" character for the show. It's been coming for some time and Cersei just pushed him over the edge. It's the last straw.

Agree.

My call is Dany and Jon split, Dany realizes Tyrion betrayed her, kills him.

Jaime eventually goes murder/suicide on Cersei with poisonous wine.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

Wouldn't Bran be able to see all of this and tell Jon/Danny as soon as they arrive in the north?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't Bran be able to see all of this and tell Jon/Danny as soon as they arrive in the north?

Bran as the new Three Eyed Raven probably picks and chooses where to intervene because of how things must play out. That seems to be the way it works. The previous one obviously didn't intervene with everything he could see.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree.

My call is Dany and Jon split, Dany realizes Tyrion betrayed her, kills him.

Jaime eventually goes murder/suicide on Cersei with poisonous wine.

Calling it now. Dany gets pregnant.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Nagannahappen. She'll be barren, he'll have to quench Longclaw in her heart to create Lightbringer in order to defeat the Night King.

The rumor is Longclaw is ALREADY Lightbringer. So no need.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bran as the new Three Eyed Raven probably picks and chooses where to intervene because of how things must play out. That seems to be the way it works. The previous one obviously didn't intervene with everything he could see.
Bran "can" see everything... but he doesn't... just as he originally thought Jon was a Sand instead of a Snow,...he didn't know he was Targaryen...until Sam hipped him to it,...then he went back to find the moment to confirm

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nope. Nagannahappen. She'll be barren, he'll have to quench Longclaw in her heart to create Lightbringer in order to defeat the Night King.
yep...and she will offer herself up willingly to save westeros...and because her nephew/lover/ally will never take another wife while she lives and the Targ name would die out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort