DCU: Justice League

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If by practically (you're already equivocating with that word choice, by the way) you mean he used violence without killing, you'd be right. He's driving around firing machine guns in urban environments. Not only is he trying to kill the bad guys (which the fan boys tell me is a big no-no), he's going to be killing innocent bystanders. DC REALLY didn't get it when they pissed off a bunch of fan boys with this and lost out on tons of DVD sales and repeat movie viewings because of it.
First two Batman movies, he dropped bombs in buildings from the batmobile with people in the buildings.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
First two Batman movies, he dropped bombs in buildings from the batmobile with people in the buildings.
On Marvel's Agents Of Shield, this is an ongoing debate. Shield has been under attack for capturing a bad mutant or Hive bad guys, but in the meantime busting up buildings, cars, etc., and injuring or killing bystanders in the process.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Safe bet that Affleck is going to act circles around everyone else in this movie. I thought I was looking at a new Suicide Squad trailer. And where was the Superman tease?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Safe bet that Affleck is going to act circles around everyone else in this movie. I thought I was looking at a new Suicide Squad trailer. And where was the Superman tease?

Was going to say, isn't Superman part of the league?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly Superman is following the death of Superman storyline right? If so, I think I know why he isn't being shown.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Supposedly Superman is following the death of Superman storyline right? If so, I think I know why he isn't being shown.
Snyder has really destroyed that character, hasn't he? Amazing the stark difference between what is happening now and how he was handled back in the 70s.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snyder has really destroyed that character, hasn't he? Amazing the stark difference between what is happening now and how he was handled back in the 70s.

HC is a great Superman IMO. Honestly, I love him in that part just like I like many of the actors in their respective parts. I think Snyder's has more or less destroyed this continuity with creative and story decisions for sure. That's what I think he ultimately has done. Many of these characters are bigger than Snyder so not sure I agree he has destroyed them per say.

I don't really blame many of the actors chosen for their parts or even much of the acting with a few exceptions. It's Snyder's vision that is the problem IMO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
HC is a great Superman IMO. Honestly, I love him in that part just like I like many of the actors in their respective parts. I think Snyder's has more or less destroyed this continuity with creative and story decisions for sure. That's what I think he ultimately has done. Many of these characters are bigger than Snyder so not sure I agree he has destroyed them per say.

I don't really blame many of the actors chosen for their parts or even much of the acting with a few exceptions. It's Snyder's vision that is the problem IMO.
The actor has nothing to do with it--even moreso now. I like Cavill as Superman also, but that doesn't take away the fact that the character is a major bust right now.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The actor has nothing to do with it--even moreso now. I like Cavill as Superman also, but that doesn't take away the fact that the character is a major bust right now.

That's where we differ. I don't think the problem is the characters. I think it's the vision for the universe. Honestly, there are times where I enjoy or love some of the characters even in the sub par films. It's the overarching vision that sucks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's where we differ. I don't think the problem is the characters. I think it's the vision for the universe. Honestly, there are times where I enjoy or love some of the characters even in the sub par films. It's the overarching vision that sucks.
IMO the characters and vision are tied together. In a superhero universe, it's the superhero characters that define it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO the characters and vision are tied together. In a superhero universe, it's the superhero characters that define it.

Well the heroes are what makes the universe tick. However, IMO it's the overall vision of that universe (style, tone, film vs TV cohesiveness) for example that can make or break it IMO.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks like a steaming pile of crap. Are the whole movie's action sequences done in super slow mo?

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well the heroes are what makes the universe tick. However, IMO it's the overall vision of that universe (style, tone, film vs TV cohesiveness) for example that can make or break it IMO.
I agree with you.... the characters are the only thing saving the films at all...

directing, writing, editing...all suxx ass

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ruh Roh. Rotten Tomatoes accidentally leaked the score early because they didn't update their FLIXTER app correctly. They fixed it but naturally once it hits in the Internet it was too late. Can't imagine the studio is happy about that.

The movie stands at 51%. OUCH!

Still going to see it. I liked Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman was better than critics said.

justiceleaguert-png.26042

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ruh Roh. Rotten Tomatoes accidentally leaked the score early because they didn't update their FLIXTER app correctly. They fixed it but naturally once it hits in the Internet it was too late. Can't imagine the studio is happy about that.

The movie stands at 51%. OUCH!

Still going to see it. I liked Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman was better than critics said.

justiceleaguert-png.26042

Zoiks, that's bad! Considering I strongly disagree with you about Suicide Squad and Batman v Supes, this is not a good sign. I'll still see it, to see what Joss was able to do. Still...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Zoiks, that's bad! Considering I strongly disagree with you about Suicide Squad and Batman v Supes, this is not a good sign. I'll still see it, to see what Joss was able to do. Still...
Apparently between 15-20% of the film is Joss' reshoots. And they aren't overly recognizable. I heard also that some of the things that you would think are Joss' idea were actually Zach's. This came from someone who was on the set while Zach was still the director.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The critic for azcentral gave it 2.5 stars...said the story line sucked.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I read that he was able to do very little in terms of content. That most of his work will be recognized from an editing perspective. Even then, it sounded like he didn't deviate from Zach's vision. Even Ben Affleck in an interview mentioned that even with the reshoots Joss's scenes have Zach's fingerprints all over them.

Kind of what I was expecting but unfortunate. I really hope we don't see much of Snyder's imprint going forward.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were in Thor when the trailer came out and Wendy says "After that trailer I still have no idea what is going on". They can't even cut trailers right.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a reader/collector, I love films based on comic books, but have literally no interest in the recent string of DC films. Meh.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
36% on rotten tomatoes and dropping...
87% fan rating.

personally I put more stock in the fan ratings. I usually really enjoy the movies hated by critics...critics just suck by nature.
planning to go catch this one today...guess I will see for myself

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
saw this today at the 10am showing. it was a small crowd,..maybe 20 people in the theater for the first showing,..on a work day.

Dudes... this movie is a HIT
unless you have some sort of irrational hate DC stick up your butt this movie is a winner.
I did see two small holes,..one was when cyborg discussed his creation "after" supes died..when in BVS Bruce already had video on him before supes died... its mouse nuts but its there..
another... there is no way, with all the guilt he was packing, that Bruce Wayne allows Martha Kent's farm to go into foreclosure...just no way...

there may be some issues regarding canon...I only ever read a few JL comics and have not watched the cartoon since I was around 10.
but for a super hero movie....fantastic
for a comic book movie....also fantastic
the humor was good but nowhere near over the top..

go see it. its worth the ticket

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
saw this today at the 10am showing. it was a small crowd,..maybe 20 people in the theater for the first showing,..on a work day.

Dudes... this movie is a HIT
unless you have some sort of irrational hate DC stick up your butt this movie is a winner.
I did see two small holes,..one was when cyborg discussed his creation "after" supes died..when in BVS Bruce already had video on him before supes died... its mouse nuts but its there..
another... there is no way, with all the guilt he was packing, that Bruce Wayne allows Martha Kent's farm to go into foreclosure...just no way...

there may be some issues regarding canon...I only ever read a few JL comics and have not watched the cartoon since I was around 10.
but for a super hero movie....fantastic
for a comic book movie....also fantastic
the humor was good but nowhere near over the top..

go see it. its worth the ticket
Most people seemed to like it...minus the critics. Will go see it now that we know the critics are paid off by marvel ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard