OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you even know who Anna Silk is? She certainly isn't a WWE style Wonder Woman, and she sure in the heck can act.

I know who Anna Silk is... I watch Lost Girl.

I also know she is only 5'5" tall. :cool:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not what I said. I said that it's going to be hard to find someone with the perfect build for WW, with the right acting chops and perfect chemistry for the other actors all in one perfect package. Given the choice, give me the person that can act without the perfect build versus someone who might fit the build but might not be as good as an actor. If it was that easy they wouldn't need casting directors.

I personally don't care about Gal Gadot and never followed her prior to this or her gig on FF6. Now that I do know who she is and watched some of her work, I just don't want to dismiss her because she is not the prototypical body type. Chris Evans wasn't either. People on this very board said basically the exact same thing you said about Gal Gadot. Look how that turned out?

P.S. I watch Lost Girl and even though I like her in that part, I don't see her as Wonder Woman at all. She is a very mediocre actress IMO. I guess that's why they have casting directors. :D

You just seem pretty fixated on Gal, that's all. Can she act? I don't know, I just think it's rather beside the point. I didn't know Chris Evans before, but clearly he was able to put on the bulk. Different person, different sex, much, much harder to bulk up. That's scientific fact, not sexism.

Hmm, you don't think Anna Silk can act? Well, I think you're silly :D

Seriously though, again, your above statements make it sound like it's tacitly impossible for a non-stick girl to be a good actor, and make it seem like, 'golly gee, there aren't any full-bodied women that can fill the part, so why don't you agree with me?' That's the vibe I continue to get. Why did it *have* to be a skinny chick?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just seem pretty fixated on Gal, that's all. Can she act? I don't know, I just think it's rather beside the point. I didn't know Chris Evans before, but clearly he was able to put on the bulk. Different person, different sex, much, much harder to bulk up. That's scientific fact, not sexism.

Hmm, you don't think Anna Silk can act? Well, I think you're silly :D

Seriously though, again, your above statements make it sound like it's tacitly impossible for a non-stick girl to be a good actor, and make it seem like, 'golly gee, there aren't any full-bodied women that can fill the part, so why don't you agree with me?' That's the vibe I continue to get. Why did it *have* to be a skinny chick?

How am I fixed on her? Just because I don't want to dismiss her? I would have said that about any actress they picked that I thought had potential in the part.

And no.....I didn't say Anna Silk can't act......but I don't think she is a great actress. I watch her show too. Also, most movies or films go through hundreds of reading before deciding on someone. Why do you think that is? It's not that is "tactically impossible"...just hard.

P.S. Only one of is raving about an actress. Who is exactly fixated? Sounds like someone likes the frequent partial nudity of a certain actress on her show. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, height doesn't matter to the camera--that's easy to deal with. Size itself isn't. Did you actually read the thread? ;)

I think when you are talking about an Amazon warrior - she should at least be taller than Tom Cruise. :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol "i wouldve remained the owner if it wasnt for those pesky tape recorders!"

Stout

Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, still not enough. I just don't have any desire to watch any of these. After watching Civil War, it highlights just how much Marvel gets it and how much DC doesn't.

I would prefer Snyder go away completely but it's too late in the process. This is a start. Adding an Oscar winning writer and Producer can't hurt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, still not enough. I just don't have any desire to watch any of these. After watching Civil War, it highlights just how much Marvel gets it and how much DC doesn't.

it's like night and day. And Justice Legaue comes out NEXT YEAR? That's ridiculous. It's going to be awful. They're already shooting it... which means there's not much Ben can do at this point except throw monkey wrenches into what I'm sure is already a train wreck.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's what bothers me. They're going to cold **** characters onto the public without a proper introduction. Cyborg, Aquaman, and The Flash(at least this version who looked like Bart Allen version) are just going to be dropped onto the laps of the public.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what bothers me. They're going to cold **** characters onto the public without a proper introduction. Cyborg, Aquaman, and The Flash(at least this version who looked like Bart Allen version) are just going to be dropped onto the laps of the public.

you mean... like new Batfleck and Wonder Woman? Yup. They're continue screwing the pooch here.

I'm still interested in seeing Suicide Squad though. At least that movie looks fun and different. Justice League? I know I'll see it, but I won't be excited to do so.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's like night and day. And Justice Legaue comes out NEXT YEAR? That's ridiculous. It's going to be awful. They're already shooting it... which means there's not much Ben can do at this point except throw monkey wrenches into what I'm sure is already a train wreck.

I am just hoping maybe he can make suggestions that will improve directing or story. Anything at all has to be an improvement over Snyder's vision which has been a disaster. You are probably right though....too little too late. Maybe this is just the first step at departing from Snyder completely.

Stout

Reaction score
Wow, that looks bad. Really, really bad. My buddy looked over my shoulder just now, watching it, and said: "Looks like the Avengers...with DC characters...in awful washed out color...and crappy." I can't agree more. Cyborg not only looks lame, but it looks like they're trying to make him Iron Man. WTF is Aqua Man doing going crazy on land. Why are there Chitari (sp?)-like villains? Why is Batman still killing?

Train wreck in waiting!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My Barry Allen is on the CW! This one looks too cocky.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Batman has practically killed in all of the movies so far. All the way back to Michael Keaton.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Batman has practically killed in all of the movies so far. All the way back to Michael Keaton.

If by practically (you're already equivocating with that word choice, by the way) you mean he used violence without killing, you'd be right. He's driving around firing machine guns in urban environments. Not only is he trying to kill the bad guys (which the fan boys tell me is a big no-no), he's going to be killing innocent bystanders. DC REALLY didn't get it when they pissed off a bunch of fan boys with this and lost out on tons of DVD sales and repeat movie viewings because of it.