The Batman (2019)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben Affleck to Direct and Co-Write Solo Batman Movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...irect-and-co-write-solo-batman-movie#/slide/1

Deadline reports that a new dynamic duo is forming at Warner Bros. Pictures as Ben Affleck is set to co-write the script for an upcoming solo Batman movie with DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, a film which Affleck will also direct.

No stranger to the dark knight himself, Geoff Johns has written several issues for the character’s solo title in addition to both volumes of Batman: Earth One and Batman’s regular appearances in Justice League. Johns has also been responsible for several episodes of “Smallville,” “Arrow” and “The Flash,” which he co-developed.

The outlet also notes that the pair are reportedly in sync with each other and could have a draft completed as early as the end of the summer, just before Affleck goes to direct his next feature, an adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night. They reveal that the plot for the film will “reflect the Batman character” as he appears after his other DC films. No release date is currently set for the film, though it’s possible another movie in the DC slate will move to make room for the bat.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From ComingSoon.net:

WB is eyeing 2019 for a solo Batman film starring Ben Affleck of which the working title is said to be "The Batman."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Rumor is that Affleck is trying to get out of this movie. He's already out as director and now it looks like he's trying to get out of playing Batman as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my guess is if Justice League ends up the critical disaster Bats v. Supes was, you can kiss Batfleck goodbye.

And personally... I didn't think he was bad as Batman... but I'm still scratching my head at him being "good" as Batman...or Bruce Wayne for that matter. He didn't seem to be playboy-ish as Bruce Wayne. He seemed like Batman... out of the suit.

Bale and Keaton had the dual personality thing down. Keaton cracked wise, while Bale just played the spoiled little kid angle up to perfection. I don't know what the hell Batfleck's Wayne was doing.

That said, the script did him no favors. Making the world's greatest detective believe that Superman was the bad guy for over 2 hours such a betrayal of the characters. He's Batman... HE'S THE SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM... THAT'S HIS SUPER-POWER. Making him the DUMBEST guy in the entire movie was infuriating.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And personally... I didn't think he was bad as Batman... but I'm still scratching my head at him being "good" as Batman...or Bruce Wayne for that matter. He didn't seem to be playboy-ish as Bruce Wayne. He seemed like Batman... out of the suit.

Bale and Keaton had the dual personality thing down. Keaton cracked wise, while Bale just played the spoiled little kid angle up to perfection. I don't know what the hell Batfleck's Wayne was doing.

That said, the script did him no favors. Making the world's greatest detective believe that Superman was the bad guy for over 2 hours such a betrayal of the characters. He's Batman... HE'S THE SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM... THAT'S HIS SUPER-POWER. Making him the DUMBEST guy in the entire movie was infuriating.
I didn't like Affleck as Batman since he was cast through the movie for the reasons you list. It was like Snyder couldn't decide which Batman this would be so he just tossed it all in. Really, I didn't like what Snyder did with Batman at all. Nolan basically relaunched the franchise and Snyder killed it just as fast. I'd put Affleck on par with Kilmer as Batman. Heck I'd probably take Clooney over Affleck again. Just my .02 though.

But hey, I sure would take one of these :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved Batfleck. Honestly, I do think he was great at the part. I hope him trying to get out of it is just a rumor. Not directing makes sense if he doesn't want to take on too much. Crossing fingers he still does it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard