Whiz wins opener.......many more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
No question the franchise is in better shape than it was under the Graves-Whiz regime. Whiz was a good coach, but he didn't have the front office support that B.A. benefits from. And Steve Keim seems to have learned from the mistakes of the previous regime that he was a part of.

Whiz is a good head coach, B.A. is better in my opinion. He relates better to his players and maximizes their production. He actually has good players wanting to come to Arizona meaning the Cardinals no longer have to overpay for free agent talent. And the coaching staff that B.A. has put together is actually able to develop young talent. That's what SF and Seattle were already doing, and the Cardinals had to be able to do it to become competitive with them IMO.

I appreciate what Whiz accomplished, but the BASK team is far superior to anything the Cardinals have had since moving to Arizona IMO>

machgman

Veteran
Reaction score
If Arians takes the Cards to a SB, I might possibly say he is in the same league as Whiz.

You must be referring to the Whiz who jumped on the coattails of Kurt Warner to get to the SB and tried to take all of the credit that the Cards got there, the Whiz who stated his ideal offense was to run 67% and pass 33%, the Whiz who was finally smart enough to give into Warner and Haley to let them run Warner's offense after he agonized on picking his favorite QB Matt Leinart to be his starter, the Whiz who was finally undressed as being a horrible HC after Warner left and the team spiraled downward, and the Whiz who posted huge losses and losing seasons after Warner left?

Yeah, must be that Whiz who lost the Cards locker room and lost all pretense that he could develop a QB (even Big Ben said he learned nothing of value from Whiz).

machgman

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Whiz is great with players that other coaches developed. I think his weakness is developing his own players. If you look at the 42 players drafted under Whiz, only CC, PP, and until this year DWash have had memorable careers. The jury is still out on Floyd/Massie/Bethel,

Dockett tells it like it is as to what a fake Whiz is. He knows all about the lies that Whiz is a players coach. Disagree? Go ahead and just ask Anquain Boldin who also found out about Whiz's lies and showed the world that when he challenged Whiz to back up his promises.

BTW, Whiz sure did a great job in developing QBs he did not draft such as DA, Matt Leinart, Kevin Kolb, Hoyer, and Richard Bartel. Gee, last I heard, none of these guys have anything nice to say about Whiz as a coach or a developer of players. I am sure John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, and Max Hall have expressed similar feelings of disdain for Whiz.

There must be a lot of blinders out there with smoke and mirrors for Cards fans not to have seen what a huge negative Whiz was on the team. Take note of the complete absence of real and sincere support for Whiz from the Cards players before and after Whiz was fired. That should have told true Cards Fans the truth of what was going on.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What I do blame him for is Russ Grimm, Bill Davis, Levi Brown and Neil Rackers.

Keeping Grimm around is the most unforgivable for me.

Can you imagine what those teams would have looked like if Warner's release wasn't so quick?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Must have missed something. PACardsfan banned?

I just noticed that too anyone know what he did ? cuz banned is the end it must've been a really bad offense

Yup. Apparently, he said something less than worshipping about Obama's politics. I thought the leftist favoritism in the running of this board left when new ownership took over. I guess our whole family was mistaken today lol. He'll be back tomorrow.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea Whiz passed 33 times to 24 runs - against the stupider chiefs with 13 freakin runs to 35 passes with Jamall Charles!

Whiz is a fair weather coach- he fell apart, blamed players and fans- when he met adversity- like it was the qb's fault? all dozen of them.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keeping Grimm around is the most unforgivable for me.

Can you imagine what those teams would have looked like if Warner's release wasn't so quick?

Agreed and I don't even want to imagine. It's something I think about and cringe over to this day.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
my My

Matt Leinart had rookie records and production- and then Whiz came in and kept only 2 qb's with a 2 QB system ( seen one since?) they were both broken by the 5th game and we signed 2 QB's named tim off the couch.

Bad Luck or bad coaching- After all the QB's Whiz ruined in Arizona you blame Leinart? Get a grip. BA's first order of business was to see what QB's were "hit out" We kept Lindley.......

Should have kept Josh Mcnown

Matt Leinart was responsible for the Cards QB problems. If he had lived up to his rep as the most NFL ready QB in the draft he'd still be our QB and we'd never have had to endure Scud, Concussion Kolb, Mini Max and Double Dunce.

But no he had to be a lazy SOB

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Without whiz, there's no foundation for success in AZ, and the team would continue to pick out mid-tier assistant coaches to fill the HC vacancy.

Read: no Whiz, no Arians.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Without whiz, there's no foundation for success in AZ, and the team would continue to pick out mid-tier assistant coaches to fill the HC vacancy.

Read: no Whiz, no Arians.

Your taking a lot of credit from Mike B IMO..
THAT is when change happened.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You must be referring to the Whiz who jumped on the coattails of Kurt Warner to get to the SB and tried to take all of the credit that the Cards got there, the Whiz who stated his ideal offense was to run 67% and pass 33%, the Whiz who was finally smart enough to give into Warner and Haley to let them run Warner's offense after he agonized on picking his favorite QB Matt Leinart to be his starter, the Whiz who was finally undressed as being a horrible HC after Warner left and the team spiraled downward, and the Whiz who posted huge losses and losing seasons after Warner left?

Yeah, must be that Whiz who lost the Cards locker room and lost all pretense that he could develop a QB (even Big Ben said he learned nothing of value from Whiz).

Dockett tells it like it is as to what a fake Whiz is. He knows all about the lies that Whiz is a players coach. Disagree? Go ahead and just ask Anquain Boldin who also found out about Whiz's lies and showed the world that when he challenged Whiz to back up his promises.

BTW, Whiz sure did a great job in developing QBs he did not draft such as DA, Matt Leinart, Kevin Kolb, Hoyer, and Richard Bartel. Gee, last I heard, none of these guys have anything nice to say about Whiz as a coach or a developer of players. I am sure John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, and Max Hall have expressed similar feelings of disdain for Whiz.

There must be a lot of blinders out there with smoke and mirrors for Cards fans not to have seen what a huge negative Whiz was on the team. Take note of the complete absence of real and sincere support for Whiz from the Cards players before and after Whiz was fired. That should have told true Cards Fans the truth of what was going on.
Did Whiz run over your dog or bang your sister? There's so much factually wrong with these 2 posts it's funny.

Graves/FO is who Boldin said reneged on their plans to re-negotiate, no Whiz.

Out of that list of QB's, I think 2 are in the league. Let's not act like they had talent and Whiz hampered them. Does anyone really care what Skelton, Hall, or Lindley think?

Warner sure was sought after before falling under Whiz's guidance

Whiz succumbing to Haley is laughable at best. Btw, the same Haley that Ben has had numerous issues with. The same Haley that was run out of KC while Whiz was a hot commodity head coaching candidate.

But go head, give credit to everyone else and all the blame lay on Whiz. Very logical thinking.

In the end, Whiz is gone and had success in SD and will in Tennessee. Arians is also a good coach and having success in Arizona. Todd Haley will be lucky to get another HC job.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really who cares? He's the coach of the Titans best of luck to him. The Cards have a good coaching staff, good roster and are competitive for the first time since 2009. Whisenhunt is old news. Must we have the same theme and topics about events from 8 years ago be rehashed every 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard