Whiz wins opener.......many more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have to give the Bidwill's some credit as they have hired back to back solid HC's. I've been following the team for 50 years now & I don't think they ever have done that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And Im with you bro.. KC is a quality ball club and with that crowd in that stadium in their home opener?? To go in there and already make Locker look like a decent QB… He's headed in the right direction. I wish him luck in the AFC.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll admit, I'm a Cards fan first and foremost but I'm also cheering for Whiz to succeed. It was time for him to go but he helped us bury our past and he did it with one hand tied behind his back.

Steve

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll admit, I'm a Cards fan first and foremost but I'm also cheering for Whiz to succeed. It was time for him to go but he helped us bury our past and he did it with one hand tied behind his back.

Steve

Yeah I remember cheering for the Chargers last year, and was happy when I saw the rushing numbers. I wish he had more to work with than Locker but he got it done today on the road. It's kind of like one of the players that bounce, or got bounced. I was glad we moved on but he still family forever, gotta ring to prove it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

agreed as well. wish him nothing but the best. guy coached us to the greatest moments in Cardinals history.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Steve

Cosign.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why would anybody wish Whiz bad? He brought us to our only Super Bowl.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would anybody wish Whiz bad?

IIRC it's got something to do with him being an engineer. Or his hair. Or Alice burning the meatloaf when Manning came by. (Though after he said, "You call that an offensive line?" and fell on the ground laughing I don't think the meatloaf mattered.)

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something to do with him being an engineer. Or his hair. Or Alice burning the meatloaf when Manning came by. (Though after he said, "You call that an offensive line?" and fell on the ground laughing I don't think the meatloaf mattered.)

The meatloaf would have mattered to me...:D

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love Arians, but he has a loooonnnngggg ways to go to put himself in the same conversation as Whiz. I only hope he does! Meanwhile, I hope the Titans get to a SB under Whiz. Without Graves dragging him down, Whiz will be extremely successful in TN.

Oh come on, I know Graves is a boat anchor who could drag down any coach... But do you really think he had ZERO say in the disastrous QB carousel post-Warner?

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh come on, I know Graves is a boat anchor who could drag down any coach... But do you really think he had ZERO say in the disastrous QB carousel post-Warner?

It's not hard to see just how much more proactive Keim is than what Graves was. I would have LOVED to see what Whiz may have done with Carson Palmer after the Warner years. I'm a long time Cardinal fan going back to the early 60's. I got sick & tired of eating crap year after year when the Cardinals moved to AZ. Finally, along comes a man named Whisenhunt & miraculously leads us to a SB. Most Cardinal fans jumped up and down screaming when the final horn went off & we beat Philly. Not this guy. I dropped to my knees, thanked God that I lived long enough to witness it, and then wept for a very long time. There really is such a thing as tears of joy!! There will always be a shrine to Whiz in my house.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I think Whiz is great with players that other coaches developed. I think his weakness is developing his own players. If you look at the 42 players drafted under Whiz, only CC, PP, and until this year DWash have had memorable careers. The jury is still out on Floyd/Massie/Bethel,

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It's not hard to see just how much more proactive Keim is than what Graves was. I would have LOVED to see what Whiz may have done with Carson Palmer after the Warner years. I'm a long time Cardinal fan going back to the early 60's. I got sick & tired of eating crap year after year when the Cardinals moved to AZ. Finally, along comes a man named Whisenhunt & miraculously leads us to a SB. Most Cardinal fans jumped up and down screaming when the final horn went off & we beat Philly. Not this guy. I dropped to my knees, thanked God that I lived long enough to witness it, and then wept for a very long time. There really is such a thing as tears of joy!! There will always be a shrine to Whiz in my house.

I was so happy I think I hugged CBUS. :thewave: Must have been that punch at DCR and Linderbees tailgate...

PS Don't eat the fruit...

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Whiz is great with players that other coaches developed. I think his weakness is developing his own players. ,

I don't like this argument. Denny Green developed those players all the way to a 5-11 season before Whis got there. I don't like the "it was all Warner/Haley" stance either. Warner hadn't been good for 5 years before Whiz got there and Haley's offense has been hated by fans of his teams since leaving AZ. I was in a Steelers bar yesterday and the vitriol for him is unreal lol. I also think RG, Haley and, especially, ANQUAN had more to do with the Boldin debacle. He was my favorite athlete of all time and is nothing to me now. Adub took over as my favorite all-time Cardinal after that game.

Whiz def didn't bring along his own young QB while in AZ but it's not like he had much of an opportunity either. Who did he miss in the draft? Dalton? Russell? That's two rookies in 5 years that 31 other teams passed on a few times as well. Orton was no better that Kolb and truthfully, I think if Kolb hadn't been so fragile (which was my concern when we got him), he would have been a sufficient stopgap.

What I do blame him for is Russ Grimm, Bill Davis, Levi Brown and Neil Rackers.

In the end, I'm happy with Arians and optimistic for the future. I think Whiz caught a raw deal here in the end and will always be looked upon favorably by me for what he did in AZ. If it took sacrificing him to be rid of Graves and Grimm, I would've done it too though. We were in a SB five years ago and are coming off a 10 win season. Long time cards fans should know better than to be anything but thankful for ever having either coach in town.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm a big Arians as well. Whiz is, and has been, a very successful coach. If I remember right, he wanted Marc Bulger and was handed Scud. That may not have worked out either but we know what happened with Scud. He inherited Leenhart. Those two are squarely on Graves.

To act like he didn't/couldn't develop a GOOD,young QB is wrong. There weren't any around to be developed. And, if at any point, anyone thinks the GM doesn't have the final say in the draft room, they don't realize how the room works. Granted, coaches wants and needs are factored into the decision but the choice is the GM's. Graves was such a weak GM it's incomprehensible. How can the GM, admittedly, rarely watch film on college draft eligible players that he's going to be selecting to fill the talent on the roster?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Matt Leinart was responsible for the Cards QB problems. If he had lived up to his rep as the most NFL ready QB in the draft he'd still be our QB and we'd never have had to endure Scud, Concussion Kolb, Mini Max and Double Dunce.

But no he had to be a lazy SOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard