What does Keim do in rd 1?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yeah Wilson sucked running for his life last night. :p

IMO Meziel is a differant bread, who makes plays out of nada. I've changed my mine just in the last few weeks about him...he's better throwing the rock than last year, read coverages pretty well, his arm is much strong & he rarely takes a big hit unlike RGIII. He throws guys open!!!

Give me Meziel right now & I think the Cards are SB contenders in 2 years.

Wilson, even in college, seemed sooooo much more mature than Manziel

Wilson made a ton of smart plays last night -- scrambling to buy time, but also throwing it away when nothing was there

I watch Manziel just throw things up there when nothing is there -- and had been bailed out by his receivers making great catches ( i.e. that throw this year against Alabama). I just dont know if you can coach that kind of recklessness out of his game.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
yeah, I've pretty much done a 180 on him. kid just makes plays. and while i still think he's a douchebag, if he's our douchebag and he's good, we'll love him for it, same way i hated Danny Ainge before he was a Sun and then he became my favorite player.

:thumbup: I don't like the kid as a person either, but wasn't the PotBadger in a way the same kind of kid in this "me world" & peeps have done a 180? Peeps hate Carroll & Harbaugh because they coach the opponents, but we would be cheering our ass off if they coached the Cards.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I wonder if a team has ever drafted a franchise QB & LT in rounds 1-2? What's the chances? I doubt it & is a reason I think we need to go QB, the number 1 predictor in winning in losing.

Not sure, but it would be a fun diversion to think about some of the best drafts in history (beyond just Cardinals). Tomlinson/Brees in rounds 1 & 2 come to mind.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just think we HAVE to take a shot on a QB in the first round. I like Mariota, Hundley...I even would take Manziel. Hoping to catch lightening in a bottle like Seattle did with Wilson. I am sick of not having a solution at QB since the Warner years.

I think I get your point but Wilson was the 12th pick of the 3rd round so lightning in a bottle would be getting a guy that good after the first round.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you take an LT or a young QB? I am trying to get into the mind of Keim...
First thing he does is...nothing.

other than develop a very broad plan. He compiles deep data on who may be available via the draft, free agency, trades etc. and then waits until the season is over to figure out what our options are vis a vis team needs.

He waits because we can then use time to our benefit (i.e. we can learn more from more timely information).

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I say we take a 6'5 immobile pocket passer....who is clocked with a sun dial and has the release of an 88 year old woman with cerebral palsy.

No honestly...we take Johnny Manziel in a heart beat....proven winner.....mobile...has a chip on his shoulder...cocky.....

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take the BPA, you don't take a QB just cause you need one. There are so many Cardinal fans that wanted Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder over Patrick Peterson.

Maturity is the question with Maziel he seems like a self destructing idiot to me.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Take the BPA, you don't take a QB just cause you need one. There are so many Cardinal fans that wanted Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder over Patrick Peterson.

The differance is neither of those guys showed the talent 3-4 of these kids do...never!!!

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
Too many variables but I like QB/LT in rounds 1 and 2. Depends on where we are selecting obviously and that could change depending on free agency.

Reaction score
Yeah Wilson sucked running for his life last night. :p

IMO Meziel is a differant bread, who makes plays out of nada. I've changed my mine just in the last few weeks about him...he's better throwing the rock than last year, read coverages pretty well, his arm is much strong & he rarely takes a big hit unlike RGIII. He throws guys open!!!

Give me Meziel right now & I think the Cards are SB contenders in 2 years.

Sourdough? :D

Reaction score
:thumbup: I don't like the kid as a person either, but wasn't the PotBadger in a way the same kind of kid in this "me world" & peeps have done a 180? Peeps hate Carroll & Harbaugh because they coach the opponents, but we would be cheering our ass off if they coached the Cards.

I've never heard the Honey Badger being called a "me first" type of person. I'm not sure where you get this from. :shrug:

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've never heard the Honey Badger being called a "me first" type of person. I'm not sure where you get this from. :shrug:

A kid who gets booted from his team due to many many many failed drug tests is, by definition a me first kind of guy. Thank god he has apparently put that in his past.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is something just thrown out there, but I don't think it bear reality to what sentiment was at the time. were any of these fans on this board? I think maybe there were a couple (at most) who may have wanted Gabbert, but NO ONE was talking about Ponder. Hell, no one in the league was talking about Ponder as a high first round pick. most had him low first at best, second round more often then not.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Seriously, I'm not really sure why people are jumping off the boat right now. I thought this would be a five-win football team, but they might be a 7- or 8-win team when all is said and done. If we beat Atlanta, Houston, and Jacksonville, people are going to be booking tickets to New York for early February.

This team is just clearly outclassed by two of our divisional opponents, and about on the same level as the other team. Unlike Kolb/Skelton/Lindley, Palmer isn't getting worse every week; he's dependably average to below-average. You can work with that for a season.

This draft is going to look very different if we're drafting 14th instead of 7th. It's still way (way way) too early to tell where this team is going to end up.

Good points. We really could finish 8 & 8. Too early to start the mock drafts. We know the needs. It is a good draft year for OTs and QBs. IMO a franchise qb is worth more than an elite LT.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I still don't have a feel for Keim's draft philosophy but we could use OL, QB, pass rusher, safety, and RB and I would expect him to take BPA out of those positions.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have a tough time imagining that it won't be either a QB, OT or OLB. Those are important positions that we have huge needs at.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Why not get creative try and trade a future pick for a Current pick....There saying the draft could have some studs at qb...and some great off line help...We need help badly...NOW Sometimes in life we need to go back 2 steps too get ahead 3...Thats what the Patriots method of doing the draft...Stockpile them..

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hard to tell with Keim. Didn't he say he would take a QB every draft or something along that line? Then, in his first draft as GM, didn't take one?

He has been with this team a long, long time and that seems to be the problem with the organization. The Bidwills stay in house to build an outhouse and think it's a mansion.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
lmao. This has to be the most exciting draft in a while considering the Cards will have the opportunity to get their LT or QB of the future. Possibly even both;)

Well Michael Wacha took my Cards to the World Series and is a Texas A&M

product. Any QB from Texas A&M out there who can take my football team

to the Super Bowl?

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
this is something just thrown out there, but I don't think it bear reality to what sentiment was at the time. were any of these fans on this board? I think maybe there were a couple (at most) who may have wanted Gabbert, but NO ONE was talking about Ponder. Hell, no one in the league was talking about Ponder as a high first round pick. most had him low first at best, second round more often then not.

I would of dragged my nuts through 10 miles of salt and broken glass for

Von Miller.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard