What does Keim do in rd 1?

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you take an LT or a young QB? I am trying to get into the mind of Keim...

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just think we HAVE to take a shot on a QB in the first round. I like Mariota, Hundley...I even would take Manziel. Hoping to catch lightening in a bottle like Seattle did with Wilson. I am sick of not having a solution at QB since the Warner years.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
All depends on where we are and who is available.

If we are top 5 (god forbid) there will definitely be that Elite LT and QB of the future on the board. The only way we take a LT here is if Keim feels like there is a 2nd round QB that could be as valuable as QB taken here would be.

If we are top 10 we may have missed out on that real Elite LT. Maybe there is one more premier LT on the board but a handful of quality QBs. I think at this point it would be which player Keim is more in love with.

So basically what will determine which position the Cards take in the first round will be dictated by what postion they are at and who is taken before them. If teams are reaching for qbs maybe the Cards have to take a QB in the first round or else he might not be available in the 2nd. It could also be like that for a LT.

One thing I will say that is certain is this year the Cards will be more likely to make some early trades and get two first round picks. The reason I say this is this is a deep LT and QB class and both are glaring needs for the Cards. Also Keim seems a lot more agressive than Graves. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards made some moves in the draft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's mid-October. Can we wait to chase down draft info until at least Christmastime?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if there is a bright side.....

this years draft seems to have many good LT prospects, and a handful of interesting QB prospects

Keim will have a decent choice without reaching for one of those ( unlike this year when a guard was the best bet)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's mid-October. Can we wait to chase down draft info until at least Christmastime?

Only a handful of times have the Cards been worthy of talking about! ;)
Bring on the draft talk...it lessens the smell of dog dung coming out of Glendale ol

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Sure, Rod Graves. Don't wear yourself out. Take it easy.
lmao. This has to be the most exciting draft in a while considering the Cards will have the opportunity to get their LT or QB of the future. Possibly even both;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sure, Rod Graves. Don't wear yourself out. Take it easy.

:biglaugh:

Seriously, I'm not really sure why people are jumping off the boat right now. I thought this would be a five-win football team, but they might be a 7- or 8-win team when all is said and done. If we beat Atlanta, Houston, and Jacksonville, people are going to be booking tickets to New York for early February.

This team is just clearly outclassed by two of our divisional opponents, and about on the same level as the other team. Unlike Kolb/Skelton/Lindley, Palmer isn't getting worse every week; he's dependably average to below-average. You can work with that for a season.

This draft is going to look very different if we're drafting 14th instead of 7th. It's still way (way way) too early to tell where this team is going to end up.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Seriously, I'm not really sure why people are jumping off the boat right now. I thought this would be a five-win football team, but they might be a 7- or 8-win team when all is said and done. If we beat Atlanta, Houston, and Jacksonville, people are going to be booking tickets to New York for early February.

This team is just clearly outclassed by two of our divisional opponents, and about on the same level as the other team. Unlike Kolb/Skelton/Lindley, Palmer isn't getting worse every week; he's dependably average to below-average. You can work with that for a season.

This draft is going to look very different if we're drafting 14th instead of 7th. It's still way (way way) too early to tell where this team is going to end up.
I was thinking about Palmer. The guy had quite a few plays were he had no room to step up. Even with time to through, he makes bonehead plays, but occasionaly he is fine if he has enough time. At least he didn't have a complete meltdown or throw a fit, like Matt Schaub or something last night after the 30th empty backfield the pressure is going to be on you at the snap play. Yes, he isn't very good, but he might get decent enough against the crap/mediocre teams left to play. It isn't like ATL is going to bring the pain like SF/SEA.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was thinking about Palmer. The guy had quite a few plays were he had no room to step up. Even with time to through, he makes bonehead plays, but occasionaly he is fine if he has enough time. At least he didn't have a complete meltdown or throw a fit, like Matt Schaub or something last night after the 30th empty backfield the pressure is going to be on you at the snap play. Yes, he isn't very good, but he might get decent enough against the crap/mediocre teams left to play. It isn't like ATL is going to bring the pain like SF/SEA.

Yeah...

I don't think that injuries are an excuse. Yes, we lost three OLBs, but is there really such a step down from Sam Acho to Matt Shaughnessy? It's not like we're going from Dwight Freeney to Sam Acho. Neither of them were getting 50% of the defensive snaps, anyway.

It's likely that we'll come out of these next 3 games 5-5. It's likely that we could finish the season on a six-game losing streak. I expect that it'll be a long offseason for Keim and Arians if this team finishes 5-11 or 6-10 and goes 0-6 in the division.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...

I don't think that injuries are an excuse. Yes, we lost three OLBs, but is there really such a step down from Sam Acho to Matt Shaughnessy? It's not like we're going from Dwight Freeney to Sam Acho. Neither of them were getting 50% of the defensive snaps, anyway.

It's likely that we'll come out of these next 3 games 5-5. It's likely that we could finish the season on a six-game losing streak. I expect that it'll be a long offseason for Keim and Arians if this team finishes 5-11 or 6-10 and goes 0-6 in the division.

yeah, I could see the above happening. ATL, HOU and JAX are all just as mediocre or worse then us and with a bye to get healthy and two of the three at home, I can see us hanging around .500 until the schedule turns a little nastier down the stretch.

Buckybird

Reaction score
yeah, I could see the above happening. ATL, HOU and JAX are all just as mediocre or worse then us and with a bye to get healthy and two of the three at home, I can see us hanging around .500 until the schedule turns a little nastier down the stretch.

Man I don't know cheese...the Cards offense is putrid & just as bad as last year. Don't you have to score to win? I wouldn't be shocked to see this team lose in Jax & 4 of the next 5...seriously!!!:bang:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Make or break draft for this franchise and Keim knows it. QB/LT in the first two rounds and maybe trade up back into the 1st round with future picks. We could get an upgrade at SS in the third of fourth round. That is my hope.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Make or break draft for this franchise and Keim knows it. QB/LT in the first two rounds and maybe trade up back into the 1st round with future picks. We could get an upgrade at SS in the third of fourth round. That is my hope.
100% agree

Buckybird

Reaction score

I wonder if a team has ever drafted a franchise QB & LT in rounds 1-2? What's the chances? I doubt it & is a reason I think we need to go QB, the number 1 predictor in winning in losing.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we don't have a shot at the Big 3 OT's then go for a Brett Hundley or Tajh Boyd. No to Manziel as I believe the OL & play makers around him are the main reasons he is so successful. He would not be anywhere as good in ARZ without an OL. Plus he is a real D-Bag who I could not bring myself to root for.

Buckybird

Reaction score
No to Manziel as I believe the OL & play makers around him are the main reasons he is so successful. He would not be anywhere as good in ARZ without an OL.

Yeah Wilson sucked running for his life last night. :p

IMO Meziel is a differant bread, who makes plays out of nada. I've changed my mine just in the last few weeks about him...he's better throwing the rock than last year, read coverages pretty well, his arm is much strong & he rarely takes a big hit unlike RGIII. He throws guys open!!!

Give me Meziel right now & I think the Cards are SB contenders in 2 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Wilson sucked running for his life last night. :p

IMO Meziel is a differant bread, who makes plays out of nada. I've changed my mine just in the last few weeks about him...he's better throwing the rock than last year, read coverages pretty well, his arm is much strong & he rarely takes a big hit unlike RGIII. He throws guys open!!!

Give me Meziel right now & I think the Cards are SB contenders in 2 years.

yeah, I've pretty much done a 180 on him. kid just makes plays. and while i still think he's a douchebag, if he's our douchebag and he's good, we'll love him for it, same way i hated Danny Ainge before he was a Sun and then he became my favorite player.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard