Best Chinese Food in the Valley

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Mr. Hunan's on University and Priest - good food, takeout place, cheap

There was this place on Dobson and Southern that had good cheap takeout as well. I can't remember the name it's been awhile since I've lived in the valley. But they had the best double pan fried noodles I've ever had anywhere.

PF Chang's on Superstition and Power is also very good.

You can never go wrong with Panda Express and their orange chicken with steamed veggies.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
PF Changs... the PF stands for "Paul Flemming"

I second the vote for Sesame Inn

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Bamboo Club and PF Chang's don't count as chinese restuarants.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Golden Gate on Baseline and the 101 is where a guy came in and shot his wife 23 times. I ate there on New Years and got the whole story

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Golden Gate on Baseline and the 101 is where a guy came in and shot his wife 23 times. I ate there on New Years and got the whole story
Is that recent? I used to eat lunch there all the time. Great lunch special

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Silver Dragon will be out of business. There is supposed to be a lightrail station close to there.

I go to Super Dragon around 12th street and Northern.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had some really crappy Chinese food today for lunch. Extremely disappointing.

I will have to check out some of these places soon.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's a place by MCC that I think is pretty good, buffet, my friend has taken me there a few times, so I don't know the name.. :(

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a place by MCC that I think is pretty good, buffet, my friend has taken me there a few times, so I don't know the name.. :(

Thanks for the insightful post, lol! :)

Just kidding. If you remember the name, please let us know.

BTW, the place that I mentioned that sucks is somewhere in the West, around 35th Ave and Peoria. Sadly, I don't know the name of that place either, lol.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insightful post, lol! :)

Just kidding. If you remember the name, please let us know.

BTW, the place that I mentioned that sucks is somewhere in the West, around 35th Ave and Peoria. Sadly, I don't know the name of that place either, lol.

Its prolly on 43th and Cactus.. Its the joint where I walked in and yelled "Kung Pow MF!"..

And it sucks.. But all chinese food sucks to me, but that one sucked just a lil bit more to me...

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For an East Valley Buffet, try the Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet for lunch located at the SE corner of Chandler and 48th.

$9 flat for all-you-can eat for lunch (don't know how much dinner is), and they have a HUGE selection. Granted, some is hit or miss, but went there for work with 10 people today and at least 4 were native-born Chinese and they all liked it.

In addition to 3 buffet tables with standard Chinese entrees and appetizers and 3 kinds of soup, they also have a mongolian grill, a sushi (or roll, I cant tell the difference) where they roll and cut your order fresh from what you order. And fresh fruit and salads and a dessert bar that is more French than Chinese.

I have been there about 4 times and I always eat too much. Some is hit and miss, but the mongolian beef, chicken curry, crab puffs, tuna/avacado sushi and hot and sour soup are great.

It is a good deal if you want to eat 1 meal a day.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
China Gate at Dobson and Guadalupe is the best.

Best fast food Chinese is China Way at Alma School and Elliot -- founded by a former China Gate chef, I believe.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For an East Valley Buffet, try the Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet for lunch located at the SE corner of Chandler and 48th.

$9 flat for all-you-can eat for lunch (don't know how much dinner is), and they have a HUGE selection. Granted, some is hit or miss, but went there for work with 10 people today and at least 4 were native-born Chinese and they all liked it.

In addition to 3 buffet tables with standard Chinese entrees and appetizers and 3 kinds of soup, they also have a mongolian grill, a sushi (or roll, I cant tell the difference) where they roll and cut your order fresh from what you order. And fresh fruit and salads and a dessert bar that is more French than Chinese.

I have been there about 4 times and I always eat too much. Some is hit and miss, but the mongolian beef, chicken curry, crab puffs, tuna/avacado sushi and hot and sour soup are great.

It is a good deal if you want to eat 1 meal a day.

I was in there yesterday. :shock:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever eat at David Kwan's? Some of the WORST chinese food ever. Used to only cost three dollars to gorge on gross chinese food.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever eat at David Kwan's? Some of the WORST chinese food ever. Used to only cost three dollars to gorge on gross chinese food.
43rd & Dunlap...heck yeah. Best cheap nasty Chinese food anywhere.