Best Chinese Food in the Valley

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
China Gate doesn't use MSG. Fried stuff is lightly fried, not soaked in grease. Everything is really, really good!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
China Gate doesn't use MSG. Fried stuff is lightly fried, not soaked in grease. Everything is really, really good!

OK... gonna have to kick the tires and pop open the hood on this one. Been in search of really good Chinese since I moved here 10 years ago... and NO, PF Changs is NOT Chinese!!! :D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Had lunch at China Gate today. Met Rob who says he see's Wendy and Chris VERY often. Said you guys are always searching for new drinks to for him to make!

The food was excellent! And the portion was huge!!! I will be back for sure! Thanks for the tip JG!

;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had lunch at China Gate today. Met Rob who says he see's Wendy and Chis VERY often. Said you guys are always searching for new drinks to for him to make!

The food was excellent! And the portion was huge!!! I will be back for sure! Thanks for the tip JG!

;)

Dude - that is my hood!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Only been there once - how'd he remember us?

Oh wait, Alex was loud...lol

No no... he connected everyone via ASFN! Said that he knew JG and Sanders were bigtime users of the board, and that you were friends with them because of the board. So, when I told him I was "referred" to his place by Wendy and Chris - he first asked if I knew them via the board, and then asked if I knew "Jon"!

Guy clearly has one helluva memory... even though I believe he does a decent job of burning his brain cells on a regular basis - he told some wild drinking stories that seem to take place just about every weekend!!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had lunch at China Gate today. Met Rob who says he see's Wendy and Chris VERY often. Said you guys are always searching for new drinks to for him to make!

;)

No prob. Was actually there last night for dinner.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No no... he connected everyone via ASFN! Said that he knew JG and Sanders were bigtime users of the board, and that you were friends with them because of the board. So, when I told him I was "referred" to his place by Wendy and Chris - he first asked if I knew them via the board, and then asked if I knew "Jon"!

Guy clearly has one helluva memory... even though I believe he does a decent job of burning his brain cells on a regular basis - he told some wild drinking stories that seem to take place just about every weekend!!

Yeah, Robbie remembers EVERYBODY.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to order some delivery.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Six pages and no one mentioned C-Fu. Went there recently and I don't remember what me and my wife got, but I remember that my daughter got the Lemon Fish entree and it was good. I know that all of our meals were good, but the Lemon Fish just overshadowed it.

I have to check out China Gate and that new buffet on Chandler.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Six pages and no one mentioned C-Fu. Went there recently and I don't remember what me and my wife got, but I remember that my daughter got the Lemon Fish entree and it was good. I know that all of our meals were good, but the Lemon Fish just overshadowed it.

I have to check out China Gate and that new buffet on Chandler.

I went to C-Fu in Chandler once. I'm sure it's great, but the beef dish I was served (was part of a dinner/music deal) was pretty bland. Maybe they're better if you order from the general seating menu.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is funny that I posted about New China Gate, what, 48 hours ago and here we all are going there, having a meal and chatting about it, lol.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Heng's in Peoria (75th and Peoria)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Tried a new place today.

China Pearl on ValVista and Baseline in Gilbert (Frys Shopping center)

It's been there a while and I had never tried, but after discussing finding good takeout on ASFN I stopped for lunch.

Had the combo with egg roll, General T's chicken, chicken fried rice and egg drop soup.

Everything was great! The fried rice was as tasty as any I'd had in a while and the GT's chicken was good! I haven't had a good egg roll in a while but these were good as well.

The service was great, it's a husband and wife running the place and they were super friendly, thanked me for coming in and gave me an order of Yu Shan Beef to go for free just cuz they wanted me to try it!

So yeah thanks for inspiring me to try a new place ASFNers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard