Best Chinese Food in the Valley

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the one. My stomach hurts thinking about it twenty years later.
I never thought the food was THAT bad...I just always wondered how they didn't get shut down...Place never seemed clean.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Silver Dragon will be out of business. There is supposed to be a lightrail station close to there.

I go to Super Dragon around 12th street and Northern.

I used to go to Silver Dragon all the time. Really bummed that owners retired. How is the food at Super Dragon?

I have tried Golden Phoenix (16th St/Bethany Home)...it was not very good.
I tried a place at 38th st/indian school that was better but not up to Silver Dragon quality. I can't remember the name.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
The traditional uncleanliness and mystery meat approach of Chinese restaurants has helped catapult Pei Wei to 15 valley locations.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr. Hunan's on University and Priest - good food, takeout place, cheap

There was this place on Dobson and Southern that had good cheap takeout as well. I can't remember the name it's been awhile since I've lived in the valley. But they had the best double pan fried noodles I've ever had anywhere.

PF Chang's on Superstition and Power is also very good.

You can never go wrong with Panda Express and their orange chicken with steamed veggies.

That place is good

Along with Golden Eggroll on Southern and Priest.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toro
I used to go to Silver Dragon all the time. Really bummed that owners retired. How is the food at Super Dragon?

I have tried Golden Phoenix (16th St/Bethany Home)...it was not very good.
I tried a place at 38th st/indian school that was better but not up to Silver Dragon quality. I can't remember the name.

If you want good dim sum try China Doll or Great Wall. I like Super Dragon. We go there every Saturday for dinner.

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score

Was it Autumn Court? I went there a couple of times and it was OK. I usually went to Desert Jade at 32nd and Indian School for Chinese food.

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
China Gate at Dobson and Guadalupe is the best.

Best fast food Chinese is China Way at Alma School and Elliot -- founded by a former China Gate chef, I believe.

China Gate is no longer there, I hear they had a fire and closed.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golden Canyon on Dobson and Southern. Good food and the service gets better when you become a regular.

Which leads me to ask if anyone else thinks that the "mom and pop" chinese restaurants tend to have bad service.
I've never thought so.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I tried out a new Chinese restaurant called Nee House. It is on Thunderbird and Tatum. Same side as Mobil.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm, maybe there is something about me that offends the staff of chinese resturants.
;) Or maybe there's something about me that makes Chinese restaurant staff take extra special care of me :D

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Favorite Chinese - Dragon Wok, corner of Cooper and Ray. Staff is awesome, food is even better. They know our group by name, and are always giving us free appetizers, drinks, dessert, etc.

Appetizers - Salt and Pepper Calimari, Lettuce Wraps, Crab Puffs

Entries - ANYTHING!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Favorite Chinese - Dragon Wok, corner of Cooper and Ray. Staff is awesome, food is even better. They know our group by name, and are always giving us free appetizers, drinks, dessert, etc.

Appetizers - Salt and Pepper Calimari, Lettuce Wraps, Crab Puffs

Entries - ANYTHING!

Jon, if that's your neck of the woods and you want Chinese take-out, you should try China Way at Alma School and Elliot. It was started by a former China Gate chef. The lunch specials are cheap and very good.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Jon, if that's your neck of the woods and you want Chinese take-out, you should try China Way at Alma School and Elliot. It was started by a former China Gate chef. The lunch specials are cheap and very good.

What are the lunch special hours?

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump.

New China Gate at McDowell and Miller in Scottsdale is pretty freaking yummy. And they have $3.99 sake bombers. :)

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump.

New China Gate at McDowell and Miller in Scottsdale is pretty freaking yummy. And they have $3.99 sake bombers. :)

77th and McDowell :) Went there tonight- very good food, very friendly staff

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard