Best Chinese Food in the Valley

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mekong Palace in Mesa is pretty good. It's inside the plaza sw corner of Dobson and Main. Doesn't really seem overly busy, but it's the place I always meet up with my mom at each week when I'm home, and she's pretty critical of Chinese food in general.

Saw someone mentioned Silver Dragon. My mom was a server there back in the late 90's, and yeah, the lightrail made it difficult for the owners. =(

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried a new place today.

China Pearl on ValVista and Baseline in Gilbert (Frys Shopping center)

It's been there a while and I had never tried, but after discussing finding good takeout on ASFN I stopped for lunch.

Had the combo with egg roll, General T's chicken, chicken fried rice and egg drop soup.

Everything was great! The fried rice was as tasty as any I'd had in a while and the GT's chicken was good! I haven't had a good egg roll in a while but these were good as well.

The service was great, it's a husband and wife running the place and they were super friendly, thanked me for coming in and gave me an order of Yu Shan Beef to go for free just cuz they wanted me to try it!

So yeah thanks for inspiring me to try a new place ASFNers.

Had it yesterday for lunch and it was just ok. Their fried rice seemed like it was steamed rice with some soy sauce in it or something. Their lunch portion was small compared to most places that I go to. Crap puffs were just ok as well.

I doubt I'll try that place again.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had it yesterday for lunch and it was just ok. Their fried rice seemed like it was steamed rice with some soy sauce in it or something. Their lunch portion was small compared to most places that I go to. Crap puffs were just ok as well.

:eek:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So good, I won't even edit it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chinese friend at work just pointed me to China MAgic Noodle House. I guess they make their own noodles there and have a big window so you can see the guy making the noodles. Stoked to try it.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I second all of the above, but I will add they were exceptionally nice & their prices were pretty good.

I hate that the to-go lunch special is the same price as the dine-in lunch special, but the to-go does not include the egg drop soup. SUPER lame. I've seen that elsewhere; just frustrates me.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chinese friend at work just pointed me to China MAgic Noodle House. I guess they make their own noodles there and have a big window so you can see the guy making the noodles. Stoked to try it.

Good hole in the wall kinda joint. I like the spicy beef noodle dish and the pan fried dumplings (a must try - very good, and easily enough for 2 people).

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silver Dragon moved to 19th Ave and Glendale right next to Filibertos.

The silver dragon that used to be at 19th and Dunlap!!?? I freaking loved that place. Best salt and pepper squid i have ever had.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
recently I am going to China Jade on Mill and Baseline. Have ordered 3 times in the last month or two. Very good. The cheese wontons are amazing and the egg rolls actually have pork in them instead of being spring rolls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard