Zona Basketball '06

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Are you proud of the fact that some of the Devils who were on the court that day became most known for being 1st round busts and point shavers?

Nope...Once again, are you proud of ua's players?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
ACTUALLY, Mario was the ONLY first round pick, and he was only a bust after blowing his knee out twice...What do FACTS matter though?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
ACTUALLY, Mario was the ONLY first round pick, and he was only a bust after blowing his knee out twice...What do FACTS matter though?
Actually Mario being a first round bust is a fact. Saying he was only a bust because he blew out his knees is speculation.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every school has some players their fans are not proud of but the majority of Lute's guys I am very proud of. You look at guys like Steve Kerr, Sean Elliott, Tom Tolbert, Craig McMillan, Kevin Flanagan and Harvey Mason to name a few, they are all doing very well outside of basketball. By the way, Kevin's wife is hot. If you don't know who she is, she is the ESPN sideline reporter for college football.

Finally, look at how many players who played under Lute who went to the NBA and overseas and have made millions of dollars and are now set for life. The odds are overwhelmingly against college players making it to the NBA but Lute has taught and developed his players well enough that many can go to the next level(NBA & Europe) and make a living. For that, yes, I am proud.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
Of the 22 UA-ASU games played at McKale, the Sun Devils' lone victory came in double-overtime, 1995, when UA starters Damon Stoudamire, Ben Davis and Joseph Blair did not play...

Once AGAIN this is the post which I'm referring to...No I'm not proud of ASU's basketball history, although it seems that ua fans are proud of their "academic athletes"...

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
Once AGAIN this is the post which I'm referring to...No I'm not proud of ASU's basketball history, although it seems that ua fans are proud of their "academic athletes"...

Do you have every UofA player's GPA? Do you know the whole situation that those specific players were in?

Yes, we have all admitted that what Damon did was incredible stupid. But you are depicting all athletes at UofA are stupid and poor excuses for human beings. This however would be a stereotype placed upon these students because of a few bad apples. You seem to be promoting bias judgment based upon a minority of the student athletes.

So stop pretending that you know anything about the lives of these athletes. All you ever do is vomit up libel against anyone in a red and blue uniform.

Last edited:

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:
Do you have every UofA player's GPA? Do you know the whole situation that those specific players were in?

Yes, we have all admitted that what Damon did was incredible stupid. But you are depicting all athletes at UofA are stupid and poor excuses for human beings. This however would be a stereotype placed upon these students because of a few bad apples. You seem to be promoting bias judgment based upon a minority of the student athletes.

So stop pretending that you know anything about the lives of these athletes. All you ever do is vomit up liable against anyone in a red and blue uniform.

No, that is not correct...Don't put words in my mouth, No Liable has been typed on this board by me. Do YOU know the definition of liable? Or are you just throwing out words that you've heard before?

And yes I do know the situations of the players that I type about, otherwise I wouldn't type anything about them...Get out of denial guy, no school has a perfect record with student athletes. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by telling you the truth about some ua athletes or soon to be athletes.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
I think the word you're looking for is "libel"...And you're spouting off more "libel" than anyone on this board drunk...Sorry jon, I'm really not trying to make your job hard :)

Last edited:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Sorry but I realized my mis-type long before you did, as you can clearly see by the time of my edit. :)

And I am not arguing that every single player who has come through the system is perfect. In fact, I have admitted that some of them were far from perfect.

What I am asking you is to provide proof to some of your accusations (ie your attacks on Ross being
You must be registered for see images
for UofA with his SAT scores). I cannot even remember one of your posts where you provide a link to an article or some sort of information that has led you to have concrete proof that anything you say is true.

It seems to me that you just like to go to certain threads where you think you will start an argument and frankly, I am tired of it.

Last edited:

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
I truly don't care what you're tired of. I stayed away from this thread for a LONG time in case you didn't notice...

I've been posting on these boards since before you had a driver's license...You post more libel than anyone that I've seen during that time!

NO! I noticed your ignorant post well before you did...Look at the time of my following post..."Liable" is what you said, you just didn't know what you were typing. or how to spell it..

Seriously, as much as I dislike ua, I won't ever post a LIE about them...Nor will I deny a huge mistake by an ASU player...Grow up kid...It's not my fault that you blindly believe that ua has a great football program...

BTW, how old is your recruit? Or are you still ignoring that Q?

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
BTW, how old is your recruit? Or are you still ignoring that Q?
Who cares? Besides you, I mean. People don't graduate from college in 4 years for many reasons. It doesn't mean they are stupid or bad people as you seem to be implying.

Holmes has two years of athletic eligibility remaining. As long as he stays academically eligible and out of trouble, frankly the rest is none of anyone else's business.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
Seriously, as much as I dislike ua, I won't ever post a LIE about them...
Really?

AZBALLER said:
There is no speculation here...Dean is visiting ASU this weekend.

AZBALLER said:
Oh, I forgot...Do you cat fans really believe you're going to beat out sc for Holmes???

Come on now, don't get yourselves soo excited over a player that really isn't interested in your school...

AZBALLER said:
You're comparing Kerr's senior #'s to Kruger's junior numbers, and I'll take an NBA's coaches son any day of the week...

AZBALLER said:
As much as I hate Lute, I think he could take ASU's team to the tourney this year...There is plenty of talent and depth on ASU's team right now...

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

:biglaugh:

AZBaller....i dont think we have a "Hall of Fame" up at ASFN, but if we set one up, I nominate you as the initial inductee......

Classic

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DevilPrideBAS said:
Hey Mao, all of those quotes you posted were opinions. When did opinions become lies??

When they don't support Mao's homeristic views. Commonplace around here for him.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
When they don't support Mao's homeristic views. Commonplace around here for him.
Remember the last time we had a debate where you said I was merely being a "homer" for suggesting Channing Frye had a higher upside as an NBA player than Ike Diogu? How's that working out for ya? Maybe my views weren't so homeristic after all.

And stating that Dean was visiting ASU is a lie because no such thing ever happened. Same with Holmes not being interested in Arizona. The last two are opinions but they made such little sense that nobody could honestly believe them even if they had said it.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Renz said:
Who cares? Besides you, I mean. People don't graduate from college in 4 years for many reasons. It doesn't mean they are stupid or bad people as you seem to be implying.

Holmes has two years of athletic eligibility remaining. As long as he stays academically eligible and out of trouble, frankly the rest is none of anyone else's business.

Actually he's applied to 3 universities, and hasn't yet been accepted to any...Do I care? No! Obviously, you're banking your "great" recruiting class on people that aren't allowed to attend a university...

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

Where is the lie/lies? Dean cancelled his visit at the last second...Who have you beaten for Holmes, he didn't acedemically qualify at your school (after not qualifying at LSU and USC)...Kruger is a comparable player to Kerr, he leads the Pac in 3 pointers made...I think that ASU does have talent and depth on their team, they're just missing a solid game coach...Where are the lies?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Every school has some players their fans are not proud of but the majority of Lute's guys I am very proud of. You look at guys like Steve Kerr, Sean Elliott, Tom Tolbert, Craig McMillan, Kevin Flanagan and Harvey Mason to name a few, they are all doing very well outside of basketball. By the way, Kevin's wife is hot. If you don't know who she is, she is the ESPN sideline reporter for college football.

Finally, look at how many players who played under Lute who went to the NBA and overseas and have made millions of dollars and are now set for life. The odds are overwhelmingly against college players making it to the NBA but Lute has taught and developed his players well enough that many can go to the next level(NBA & Europe) and make a living. For that, yes, I am proud.

Solid post! I can respect that. I only wish your fellow ua fans could post an honest answer, without dodging questions.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
Solid post! I can respect that. I only wish your fellow ua fans could post an honest answer, without dodging questions.
The only questions you seem to be asking is how old Louis Holmes is and what we felt about Arizona basketball players that left Tucson over a decade ago. The answer to both those questions is the same as Renz so I didn't want to repeat. But since you're obtuse about seemingly everything I'll repeat - I don't know and I don't care.

Louis Holmes, Damon Stoudamire, Gabe Long, Bennett Davison, etc. aren't my kids or my nieces or nephews, they are soon-to-be or former athletes at my alma mater. I'm sure some of them were mediocre people or worse students but again - I don't care. Unlike you, the rest of us on this board don't have a strange fascination with the transcripts or SAT scores of a bunch of kids we don't even know.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Remember the last time we had a debate where you said I was merely being a "homer" for suggesting Channing Frye had a higher upside as an NBA player than Ike Diogu? How's that working out for ya? Maybe my views weren't so homeristic after all.

Ummm, hello, players usually don't reach their "upside" during their rookie season...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard