Zay Jones to Cardinals

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m happy about the pick up, but shouldn’t Monti’s team actually have some modicum of success on the field before people anoint him?
Baby steps… we’re Cardinal fans we get optimistic at the small wins because have so few along the way. You know this :)

I would also like to add that this O was tops in the league over the last 6 weeks last year right? Without a fully healthy Kyler and a bare bones WR room. So that is the start of some success I’d say???

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
lol dude is horrible
Sure, I wasn't advocating we sign him - but he's been with the Chiefs for a while and they invested a fair amount of capital in him. Just another guy Zay would have to beat out in a clogged but mediocre receiving room.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depth and experience in the room… Doesn’t sound or seem like they’re punting on the season…. Jmo
With the home schedule we have this year they had better not be punting on the season.

I like this kid. He can produce.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see him as a backup as some are stating. I think Harrison, Wilson and Jones will be the players in 3 wr sets. I think he will be battling Wilson for the number #2 slot. Odd man out is Dortch.
I forget who, but a reporter said he's locked in to back up Wilson at 2 and play some 3. It seems he is insurance should Wilson have injury issues again. I'm not sure how effects Dortch, especially with Moore and two young guys vying for time too.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't see him as a backup as some are stating. I think Harrison, Wilson and Jones will be the players in 3 wr sets. I think he will be battling Wilson for the number #2 slot. Odd man out is Dortch.
It will be a competition between Jones and Wilson to see who can go the longest without getting injured.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My friend, who is a Jags fan, praised the signing and said he is a solid #3--but to prepare for some frustration with drops on 3rd downs.
Just sent an e-mail to JG, and he replied, "no problem, we'll only throw to him on first and second downs". Problem solved.
P.S. He added that we have MHJ and McBride for third down passes.