Zaven Collins arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
young men who drink at events is pretty common I would imagine.

Sure but from everything I've seen the guy likes to party a little too much for a kid who is expected to be the leader of a football team defense and needs to be in peak mental and physical condition for his job. Not his fault the Cardinals thrust him into this situation, but not impressed by how he's handling it so far.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure but from everything I've seen the guy likes to party a little too much for a kid who is expected to be the leader of a football team defense and needs to be in peak mental and physical condition for his job. Not his fault the Cardinals thrust him into this situation, but not impressed by how he's handling it so far.

As a poster previously said, coming from a small town and getting in a big city with more money on your pocket, parties and beautiful girls around can put yourself off the rails pretty easily if u are not smart/wise enough

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, I can't say I have never done that type of speeding. It was a long time, I had a powerful car. The kind of engine where if I wasn't paying the best attention, I would look down and go "oh, no"! Hit the brakes. And I did race at lights a few times.

I just never got caught. Been over 30 years, glad nothing bad happened.

Glad it isn't drugs or alcohol. This isn't good. Of course it isn't. It does speak to his maturity. But, yeah, it could be much worse. Hope this is it, lesson learned.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely stupid and disappointing but not the end of the world. At the end of the day, he was doing 75, not 155 and he wasn’t drunk. I did a ton of speeding in my younger years. Luckily, I got older, matured and became a much safer driver. Hopefully he learns from this.

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I forget the exact numbers (because it’s a all on a scale based on the posted speed limit), but I believe 25 over in a 35-45 is criminal; he doubled the posted speed limit. It all comes down to officer discretion (I’ve was popped doing 90 in a 65 on my way to LV, which I was told “I can write you for criminal speeding, but I’ll give you a break).”

70+ in a 35 is just being a moron, and the LEO was probably doing the right thing IMO. Hopefully the road was clear and he was just trying to show a friend how badass his Mercedes was. Hopefully this is a good learning experience (and there is no impending lab results he needs to worry about).

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Let's not go over the top.

Its a 22 year old speeding. Like every 22 year old ever.

Most likely will come to nothing.
A 19 year old player from Kentucky basketball died just a few hours after signing with an agent a couple miles from
my house a couple months ago reckless driving. Could’ve easily killed the other driver as well. Reckless driving is a big deal, imo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It always goes in threes.

The same day Chris Paul was announced out for health and safety protocols, it was also announced Arizona State football was being investigated by the NCAA.

I've been waiting for number three and here it is.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
76 in a 35 has all the makings of alcohol being involved. Hope I’m wrong!
10:04 a.m maybe no alcohol?
10:04 p.m better chance alcohol was involved.
I'm with the wait & see crowd on this but I do have to agree with Stout & others on this, driving 76 in a 35 is totally stupid. I speed all the time but would never drive that fast in a 35 mph zone.
He's supposed to be incredibly intelligent on the football field & I believe he his. However, sounds like he's not behind the wheel? Again, I'm gonna wait & see, hopefully he wasn't drinking & this teaches him a lesson & thank God no one got hurt.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
10:04 a.m maybe no alcohol?
10:04 p.m better chance alcohol was involved.
I'm with the wait & see crowd on this but I do have to agree with Stout & others on this, driving 76 in a 35 is totally stupid. I speed all the time but would never drive that fast in a 35 mph zone.
He's supposed to be incredibly intelligent on the football field & I believe he his. However, sounds like he's not behind the wheel? Again, I'm gonna wait & see, hopefully he wasn't drinking & this teaches him a lesson & thank God no one got hurt.

In some ways being sober would almost make it worse as far as it shows that he is completely reckless even when not in an “altered state.” 76 in a 35 is pretty obscene

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, he may follow on the footsteps of another great ILB with a little criminal experience. Ladies and gentlemen the next Ray Lewis.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In some ways being sober would almost make it worse as far as it shows that he is completely reckless even when not in an “altered state.” 76 in a 35 is pretty obscene
No. A DUI in Arizona would not be better. Strictest DUI laws in the nation.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
So you are telling me that a guy who plays ILB, who got drafted to play the position because it appears he might excel at it was acting extremely reckless? Shocking! Look, it was really dumb and very dangerous but let's also look at his position and what is expected of him. You have a long list of really good LBs that have topped that in a brutal sport we love which is not really sane to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose