Zach Allen Signs with Denver

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet you see Jalen Thompson with his whopping 5 interceptions and 19 total passes defended in 4 years as an impact player. Wonder why that is… couldn’t simply be because he’s still on the team and Allen’s not.
I mean to be fair pretty much everyone on this board was ecstatic with his extension. Has been viewed as a player we needed to keep no???

And the blind Cardinal homerism is in full effect on this board. You are 100% correct There’s no doubt about that.

It’s kind of like every time there is an ASU player that is an NFL prospect they come out of the wood work everyone saying we NEED TO DRAFT this kid… etc…. Lol like the blind love for Eno Benjamin (ASU) and as a Card and the hand wringing that went on when we cut him. The comments about how it was HUGE MISTAKE. Yet couldn’t keep a BU role with lowly Texans and is on his third team now with no clear role in less than a year.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Man. 1 day of FA down and 1 guy not re-signed and the usual people are out with the doom, gloom and sarcasm. Happy days.

Our best defensive lineman just walked out the door and our best CB is soon to follow. We have no interior offensive lineman. The best player left on the team will be traded soon and we might be lucky to get a 2nd rd pick for him. Our franchise QB is injured and was recently told he needs to grow up by one of his teammates. I'm missing some stuff but just writing this makes me depressed haha

I understand this is a new regime and they need time, but it's also true that this is the darkest time to be a cards fan in the last 20 years. I'm a glass half full kind of guy and I'm looking at the 2023 season as the tank for Caleb Williams. There is nothing positive about this organization right now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ah yes, you and Brit and others with the predictable company response. Way overpaid? lol no. There were reports he could've gotten more. I'd have paid him this; some think we might've offered more and he declined. Either way, losing your good, young, drafted players is a recipe for being a sewage organization with a lousy roster and tons of roster turnover. Yay us!
It’s okay, I’m sure we will do a great job of backfilling empty roster spots like we were assured all last offseason would be the case . . . oh, we have history of that not being the case. YE SHALL CELEBRATE THE SIGNINGS OF BEACHUM AND DORTCH, PEASANTS!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In a 3-4 scheme, Cap Space is good for at least 12 sacks.
Man I hope so because he’s looking at a ton of snaps this season! And playing alongside fotu and Lawrence’s PUP plan is gonna generate a ton of opportunities for him?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Man I hope so because he’s looking at a ton of snaps this season! And playing alongside fotu and Lawrence’s PUP plan is gonna generate a ton of opportunities for him?
Don't worry, Cap Flexibility will be roaming the defensive backfield at multiple positions and will be able to provide a little extra time for the pass rush to arrive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I find these comments funny because I feel they lack context.

There are 2 interior defensive line players left in free agency who are 27 or under and who played over 50% of defensive snaps last year. Greg Gaines and Taven Bryan. There are two edge players who are available who meet the same criteria, Anthony Nelson and Charles Omenihu.

So, while it may be day 2, our options to add a productive defensive front player who is 27 or younger are Greg Gaines, Taven Bryan, Anthony Nelson and Charles Omenihu.
Exactly. It’s all well and good to let players walk if you think it’s not a value, but if there’s no replacement you field a team of complete dreck. Value priced dreck. And then Brit will criticize you as a bad fan when you don’t want to pony up a 25% increase in price to waste a Sunday watching that value priced dreck. I mean, y’all should happy that each of those meaningless failed third downs (on offense and defense) are at least bargain failures!

EAT YOUR GRUEL SERFS!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What does being 26 have to do with anything?

I don't get this fascination with age. Give me a great 28 year old over an average 26 year old who might be good one day.

Would you rather have Byron Murphy or Jalen Ramsey?

Would you rather have Zaven Collins or Matt Milano?
This question is a joke, right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Losing Allen makes us worse and adds another assignment to the rebuild. He was not part of the problem. Build around the pieces that are working.
Correct. For those that are cool with this loss please understand that this team holding the 3rd pick in the draft is now worse than we were in last seasons debacle. That’s just a brutal fact.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
If we don't re-sign Byron Murphy our only player left from the ELEVEN selections in the 2019 draft will be Kyler Murray, I guess Dogbe too but he is a free agent and nothing more than a camp body. That isn't how you build a successful team.
Just wait until you hear about the 2020 and 2021 drafts!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My point is, what does it matter? What does it matter if you're signing a 28 year old or 26 year old? Or even a 30 year old.

Are they good? Do they have an injury history? Do they fit the scheme?

That's all I'm concerned about. If you can get that in a 26 year old then great. But I don't understand how it factors in over a number of other more important things.
I guess you don’t value cohesion and consistency. I’m guessing you didn’t play a lot of American football growing up to understand how players that play together over a great many seasons play as a well-oiled machine verses pieces that are constantly turnover.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
in the Cardinals defense-- private aircraft are really, really expensive to operate.

you know how many flight hours that Zach Allen contract would have cost?!?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OK. So Zach Allen played 84% of the defensive snaps in that game. He wasn't on the bench in those situations; he was playing as a three- or five-technique inside.

I just don't get it, I guess. Allen is essentially white Antonio Smith. He's a great complementary player who eats up a ton of snaps and is disruptive. We're worse today than we were yesterday.

If we'd signed Allen to this deal there's zero chance the usual suspects aren't crowing about how there's a new sheriff in town and Monti's going to keep the home-grown talent.

Instead where hearing baseless fables about how Allen didn't want to be here, preferred to play for Vance, and was Actually Never That Good.
Don’t forget “we are going to sign a better 28 year old” at the position fairytale.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Exactly. It’s all well and good to let players walk if you think it’s not a value, but if there’s no replacement you field a team of complete dreck. Value priced dreck. And then Brit will criticize you as a bad fan when you don’t want to pony up a 25% increase in price to waste a Sunday watching that value priced dreck. I mean, y’all should happy that each of those meaningless failed third downs (on offense and defense) are at least bargain failures!

EAT YOUR GRUEL SERFS!!!
Serfs up, dude!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose