Your the FO, what would you do with Q,Dockett,Dansby and Wilson

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Since all we can do is talk, since we all don't really know what is going on with the FO or the players...all our comments are really opinions, some eventually hold truth and some do not but this is a post not to bash the players are the FO

simply, your in control of the front office...what would you do

I would trade Q for whatever I could get

then I would use the money to secure an extended contract with Dockett and then handle Wilson at the end of the year when Dansby could then be let go and the money saved could be used and his replacement could be found

This team is clearly better with Wilson on the field and we need a pass rush in Dockett

Doucet was a high profile WR in college (and I would give him #81) and with Breaston will have to pick up the slack if Boldin is gone

I would also sign ex safety Roy Williams to use as a situational pass rusher :)

...I would also have black facemasks instead of grey LOL

or, one could leave it as is since those players are all under contract but responding that way would be no fun LOL

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but no way in hellt he team does that with dockett. If they traded Q and thats a big IF no way in hell Dockett gets done before Wilson. No way in hell. Nor should they.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Work out a deal with Wilson and sit down with Boldin one final time with everybody (the entire front office, coach Whiz and Boldin's first-class jerk agent) in the room and lay out how much money we really have to offer and reiterate the fact that we don't have a penny more and let him take it or leave it. If he doesn't take it, his trade value would be peanuts and we might as well challenge him to sit out or play.

Dockett is an afterthought. He just got paid and we can put this off till next offseason.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Dockett plays out his deal.

Boldin plays out his deal.

Dansby will be brought back to the table until something get's done.

Wilson gets a new deal.

[/thread]

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
UGHHHH!!!

I did not say "what do you think will happen" or "what should happen"

the question is

"You are the FRONT OFFICE", what would you do?

thanks Rosenbach and Shogun

have some fun with this guys :)

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
O.K. I'm the boss. I extend Wilson first. BY WEDNESDAY of next week at the latest. Whatever it takes. Then, I extend Dansby. Offer him a Harrison type deal, maybe even a bit more, and get him extended. Then, unless I could trade Q to B-more for Terrell Suggs straight up, I offer Q around $8 mil or so a year on a 4 year deal. If he says no, let him play this year on his deal and see what next off season holds as far as a trade goes. I would laugh at Dockett and tell him to get his but back on the practice field........

EDIT RE: Wilson. Bob Sanders signed a 5-37.5 mil deal. Offer the same to AW......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I would also before our first game put crazy glue under Dockett's pads so he would not be able to take his jersey off :)

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Tell Dockett to shut his yap. He is not a short-term priority.

2. Try to get Dansby into a three-year deal. I'm not a fan a using the franchise tag on a player more than once. Either he is or he isn't important to the team. I think he's important.

3. Secure Wilson. Lock him up for the next four years.

4. Determine if there is any middle ground with Q. (Of course, if I am the FO, I already know this.) If there isn't, have him play out his contract this year and then deal him. Under no circumstances do I deal him now for something less than he is worth simply because there is disenchantment. I'd rather see him sit than get some scrub of a player for him.

5. I'd tell the cheerleaders to make their routines more exciting. They are very vanilla, though the girls are attractive and nice.

6. I'd give out red rally towels. White ones aren't as cool.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With Dansby I don't think he will resign. He seems to want to try free agency. Hope I'm wrong .Make him an offer that he deserves.He should be paid well, either he takes it or not.

Wilson, make him a prioraty to resign a new deal.He should be one of the highest paid SS in the league.

Dockett, tell him when he is a pro bowl starter he will be paid like one. Untill then he has already signed the appropriate contract.

Q, if they really did tell him they would renegotiate then we should live up to our word. If not then kick rocks and play out your contract.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
I'm Bill Bidwill.
1] I will fire Graves for making me do HIS job.
2] I will extend AW so he retires an Az Cardinal.
3] I will bring in Dansby's people for the FINAL time; offer him a 3 year
contract that the FO feel's he's worth in negotiations with KD's people.say 27million12SB for kicks and giggles
If he doesn't accept,and he won't, take off the Franchise Tag and trade his Bottom.
4] Tell Boldin to shut up and play this year and sign him to a 4 year 35 million
deal 15 SB effective after the last game of this upcoming year.. He deserves it, but he's a pain in the butt and will have to wait another year, just like AW had to.
5] I will tell Dockett to earn the Pro Bowl these next two years and then cash in, with a year left on his contract. He has to wait like AW, and Boldin ahead of him.
Basically, go kick rocks[I like that saying]
6] Since I'm Bill Bidwill, being smart I utilize my resources and I get advice from my coaches and FO on a search for a new man to take Graves' place [Colts just fired theirs?];;;
7] I second the Black Facemasks as well as more black on the uniforms, tastefully, of course. I second the red towels and print up 1.5 million or so to send to all Card fans on the 2 main sites, season ticket holders, FanFest Fans etc..

OK I'm sure I broke many NFL rules but hey I'm Bill Bidwill and I AM the Owner of the Arizona Cardinals!

Last edited:

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
I'm Bill Bidwill.
1] I will fire Graves for making me do HIS job.
2] I will extend AW so he retires an Az Cardinal.
3] I will bring in Dansby's people for the FINAL time; offer him a 3 year
contract that the FO feel's he's worth in negotiations with KD's people.say 27million12SB for kicks and giggles
If he doesn't accept,and he won't, take off the Franchise Tag and trade his Bottom.
4] Tell Boldin to shut up and play this year and sign him to a 4 year 35 million
deal 15 SB effective after the last game of this upcoming year.. He deserves it, but he's a pain in the butt and will have to wait another year, just like AW had to.
5] I will tell Dockett to earn the Pro Bowl these next two years and then cash in, with a year left on his contract. He has to wait like AW, and Boldin ahead of him.
Basically, go kick rocks[I like that saying]
6] Since I'm Bill Bidwill, being smart I utilize my resources and I get advice from my coaches and FO on a search for a new man to take Graves' place [Colts just fired theirs?];;;
7] I second the Black Facemasks as well as more black on the uniforms, tastefully, of course. I second the red towels and print up 1.5 million or so to send to all Card fans on the 2 main sites, season ticket holders, FanFest Fans etc..

OK I'm sure I broke many NFL rules but hey I'm Bill Bidwill and I AM the Owner of the Arizona Cardinals!

Ohhhh dont do this. You are making too much sense. I think i am falling in love here with your common sense. :cool:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1) Extend Wilson before training camp for Ed Reed type money.

2) Offer Dansby a similar contract to Bart Scott, which the FO has already rumored to have done. Throw some performance incentives on top to keep him hungry. If he says he still wants to test the open market, there aren't many options. Teams would be very hesitant to trade for a guy who's trying to start a bidding war for his services, not to mention the cap hit. In the offseason, I would do everything in my power to drive down his value through ubsubstantiated rumors, just to be a jerk.

3) I'd dock Boldin's initial offer $150,000 per year for each of his outbursts and $500,000 for leaving the stadium early after the Eagles' game. If he turned it down, I would do everything in my power to trade him to KC at the deadline. That way I could most likely get decent value in return and watch him fight with Haley at least once a year.

4) I'd tell Dockett to wait until he has a year left on his contract to talk about an exention, and if he keeps up with his antics, I will exclusively refer to him as Fart Box when addressing the media.

Good luck, Rod.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry but no way in hellt he team does that with dockett. If they traded Q and thats a big IF no way in hell Dockett gets done before Wilson. No way in hell. Nor should they.

Shane thankyou for changing your avitar. It was imposible to think with your last one even though it is the same gal. I agree with you here.

1. Overpay Wilson NOW!
2. Extend Dansby before the deadline.
3. Extend Boldin sometime between now & next offseason or trade him before draft. If he is a distraction sit him like Edge and develop Doucet.
4. Use first R draft pick next year on a DT even if you have to trade up to do it.
5. Extend Dockett sometime between 010 & 011 draft or trade him

Kolo

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up in other threads, but I think the worst thing the Cardinals can do--unless they got an offer that was irrationally in their favor--is trade Boldin or redo his deal. And that includes a trade that might be equal value talent-wise or could arguably make them a little better on the field (like if Baltimore offered Ray Rice and Antwan Barnes and a pick).

If Boldin gets what he wants by bitching and bellyaching enough, Dockett and other players who take deals for long-term security will think if they bitch enough, they'll get what they want. What if Chris Wells signs a five year deal and then rushes for 1,500 yards this year? What if DRC makes the Pro Bowl this year (2 years into a 6 year deal)?

Make Boldin an example. Only re-do deals with one year left, unless a player is willing to take a below market deal for security. Game plan around Boldin if he's holding out. Treat him like he's injured. Play the media well (as the Cardinals have). Let every other player know that if they and their agents cry and complain, it won't do a damned bit of good, because by trading Boldin, you risk losing more than just him.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Great thread, Jetstream!

1) Re-sign AW asap. This contract will make a statement about loyalty and class and ensure that AW will make the Cardinals' Ring of Fame.

2) I would try to trade Dansby and get something in return for him now because it's pretty clear this dude is walking after the season. We are going to need to get another 34WILB in the deal and another player or 2010 draft pick.

Even if Dansby stays, I do not try to sign him to a new deal. Just not completely sold on him. Of course, what's tantalizing about this is that I would like to know for sure what kind of numbers and impact he could make on the edge where he belongs. Alas, we most likely won't find out until he plays the edge for someone else in 2010.

3) I would also trade Q at this point. I am convinced that there is no way to make him happy in Arizona again. The lingering acrimony is not going to be good for the team another year.

4) I woud like to know what kind of a market there is for Dockett. As in the Dansby situation if we could get good value and a good 34DE in return, I'd be willing to move on without him.

It is my belief that the coaching is so good at this point and the recent drafts have been so good that I am all in favor of assembling a flock of hungry players who love being Arizona Cardinals. If players don't want to be here the organization doesn't have to kow-tow to them anymore. The team's unity and morale is too important...and with the good coaching gives us a great chance to be very good year after year.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would do precisely what the FO is presently attempting to do:

1) sign Dansby to a long term deal and lower the present cap hit.
2) sign Wilson to a new long term deal. The cap hit would neighbour present compensation
3) Tell Q that he still part of our long term plans, but, should an offer commensurate with his value enter into the equation, the Cards will consider.
4) Tell Dockett that he is a valued member of the team, but it is simply too early to consider a new contract.

A deliberate an firm approach which, at a minimum, keeps these components of the core on the field in 2009.

There are no REALISTIC trade possibilities, that make the Cards a stronger team on the field in 2009. IMO

(We have posters on this board who one day are calling on the FO to be firm and resolute, and the next - envisaging all kinds of trade solutions that, in effect, accede to player demands. Make up your mind: pick a lane!)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Send out a team wide memo to players and agents. "We will not discuss negotiations or extensions unless you only have one year left on your deal or some other extreme extenuating circumstances, Period."

1. Dockett - Keep doing what they are doing. By that I mean not even getting into a discussion with his agent at all. We have so far told his agent to keep walking with zero discussion. Then in 2010 when he has 2 years left on his deal, do the same thing.

2. Dansby - Offer him another deal similar to the last one, which was rumored to be exactly like the one Bart Scott just got. This time though add in more money he can earn to sweeten the pot for him. Meaning throw in offseason workout bonuses and pro bowl bonuses. He needs to stay on this defense. He was ranked 7th among LB's in solo tackles and ranked 3rd in tackles for loss among linebackers last year. The kid is good, really good. If he still doesnt except that offer then he plays his butt off for us one final year. Then in 2010 if a new CBA is in place and the 2010 year turns out to be capped we just let him walk off into the sunset to get his big deal and we take are 2011 3rd round comp pick and run. If the 2010 year turns out to be uncapped, then we franchise him with the sole purpose of trading him, even if its just for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, just get something.

3. Wilson - The guy wants to finish his career as a Cardinal. He is over the age of 30 but make the good gesture to him by telling him you want him to retire a Cardinal and offer him a 7 year deal, with 20+ mill in gauranteed. Trust me, he will take that deal. Get it all done before Camp though because it will send a message to Boldin and Dockett, and any other player thinking about asking for an extension and how to ask for it and when to ask for it.

4. Boldin - Let him play out the year again. Let him sulk it didnt hurt team moral last year. If he skips mandatory practices fine him and sue him for portions of his guaranteed money we already gave to him. If he plays then he plays. Then in 2010 try to honestly negotiate with him for an 8 mill a year contract. If he doesn't like it then honestly try to trade him by doing more then just fielding phone calls, its time to start making the phone calls.