xtra 910 or ktar

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Entirely possible that Keim and Licht both leave. Same with Horton.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Who the heck is Mike McCoy? They want to interview him?
He would run a better offense than Whiz..

That's not saying a whole lot, but the Broncos lead the NFL in rushing a year ago even though teams knew they would run the ball a lot.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They also mentioned Keim going somewhere to take a looksey at Geno Smith. If Keim wants to make some big splashes right away, getting the best QB in the draft would be a good start. I hope Todd stays in Pitt.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are saying Whiz was asked if he would make changes and give up some power, but Whiz was...yup you guessed it...stubborn. :D
I'd take that report with a grain of salt (i.e. who else was in the room with Michael, Rod and Wiz who'd leak that tidbit)?

The "they wanted to take away some of my power but I stood my ground" song & dance is frequently given to the departing coach as a face-saving "out" (which is fine, but not necessarily true, though there's always a possibility it could be).

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I'd take that report with a grain of salt (i.e. who else was in the room with Michael, Rod and Wiz who'd leak that tidbit)?

The "they wanted to take away some of my power but I stood my ground" song & dance is frequently given to the departing coach as a face-saving "out" (which is fine, but not necessarily true, though there's always a possibility it could be).

I highly doubt he was given any kind of choice. He was flat let go. He would have been the only one left on the O side. Him and Kitchens.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
They also mentioned Keim going somewhere to take a looksey at Geno Smith. If Keim wants to make some big splashes right away, getting the best QB in the draft would be a good start. I hope Todd stays in Pitt.
I think the situation they have been in for the last 3 seasons as far as the QB position is concerned puts them in position to be under a lot of pressure to fix the QB position immediately.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I highly doubt he was given any kind of choice. He was flat let go. He would have been the only one left on the O side. Him and Kitchens.
Was Kitchens the inside man or something? The fly on the wall?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy poop....so to sum up:

Keim has been told by Micheal Bidwill that he can't involve his agent on any promotion (Okay see you Cardinals)

Licht is a wanted man in Jacksonville

Cardinals may want to keep Horton as the DC only!!!

Keim and Haley have already met in Pittsburgh while Keim was scouting Gino Smith.

Everyone loves Haley.

Cardinals want to interview Denver's OC so the search may drag out through the playoffs.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jurecki has his sources. My guess is it is Keim.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
LMAO it is going to be Todd Haley head coach. Just watch.

I'll be pissed. Don't care what Larry wants right now.

With Kolb and G. Smith sitting out there possibly, Reid would make the most sence. He's a players coach as well and a solid offensive inovator.

Haley would destroy the present team. That's the last thing we need right now.

I'd go for Reid or Chip Kelly possibly.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am just glad they did something. This may all blow up in their face, but at least the man has standards. You cannot let anyone on that offensive staff go without being punished for the worst stretches in NFL history.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Bill Polian said 'no thanks" to the interview since Mikey has a lot of control. Andy Reid won't come here for the same reasons ...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No chance on Reid or any high end coach.

I think it was Ct who said that we would have a poo poo platter of coordinators to pick from and that is what it will be.

Next coach will be low paid and low power.