Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Oof. He's not an NBA level player

One of two things is going on here:

1) James Jones is appeasing his good buddy Lebron

2) There's a mutual interest for Lebron to come to the Suns contingent on Bronny being drafted.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

2) There's a mutual interest for Lebron to come to the Suns contingent on Bronny being drafted.
KD for LBJ?

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, that’d be time to hang up the fandom for me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof. He's not an NBA level player
Have you watched him play very much? All I've seen from him is the games he played against the Cats and Devils this year and it was tough to gauge his potential based on those appearances.

As I recall, he showed well the first time he faced each Arizona squad but he was ineffective in the rematches and then again when UA faced USC in the conference tourney. Either he became exhausted as the season wore on (having come back from his heart ailment/surgery) or else he was easily negated once there was recent scouting on him.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Have you watched him play very much? All I've seen from him is the games he played against the Cats and Devils this year and it was tough to gauge his potential based on those appearances.

As I recall, he showed well the first time he faced each Arizona squad but he was ineffective in the rematches and then again when UA faced USC in the conference tourney. Either he became exhausted as the season wore on (having come back from his heart ailment/surgery) or else he was easily negated once there was recent scouting on him.
I haven't watched him very much...just been reading scouting reports. He came in 3" shorter than listed, so he's PG size, but he can't pass or run an offense. He also isn't a great shooter. A lot of scouts have come out and said if he wasn't LBJ's son...he would be undrafted, and probably struggle to produce in the G-League

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched him very much...just been reading scouting reports. He came in 3" shorter than listed, so he's PG size, but he can't pass or run an offense. He also isn't a great shooter. A lot of scouts have come out and said if he wasn't LBJ's son...he would be undrafted, and probably struggle to produce in the G-League
I don't like the idea of us picking him as I want nothing to do with Rich Paul or Lebron. But I've also read a lot about him and it seems to me, without his name, he's just another one of the longshots that teams draft in the late first or second with hopes he'll continue to improve. Most fail but a few succeed. That is to say, like most undrafted and later picks, he isn't there yet but he has some talent and his attitude and work ethic seem to be positives.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of us picking him as I want nothing to do with Rich Paul or Lebron. But I've also read a lot about him and it seems to me, without his name, he's just another one of the longshots that teams draft in the late first or second with hopes he'll continue to improve. Most fail but a few succeed. That is to say, like most undrafted and later picks, he isn't there yet but he has some talent and his attitude and work ethic seem to be positives.
Forget it, Steve. You're either all in or all out! ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bronny had a very good senior season in high school and justified his 4-star rating. Had he stayed in college for another 2-3 years, he'd probably become at least a solid NBA prospect. But sounds like everyone wants him to cut corners and just get into the NBA raw. Poor kid is being used as a pawn everywhere.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Or 3) The Suns know the only player on the minimum in any scenario who might make a real difference is Lebron and are considering drafting Bronny at 22 to hopefully convince Lebron to sign with the Suns.

The argument would be you added to our team is actually a better team than the Lakers and the Lakers may not be willing to spend the 17th pick on Bronny since they actually care about the future, while it is clear the Suns organization does not.

To me this is the most likely scenerio, because I don't think Lebron wants to leave LA, and I think the Suns are this desperate.

Even though I hate to say it, I think it is the only move that has a small chance to make this team a legit contender, so actually although it's kind of pathetic I support the move.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or 3) The Suns know the only player on the minimum in any scenario who might make a real difference is Lebron and are considering drafting Bronny at 22 to hopefully convince Lebron to sign with the Suns.

The argument would be you added to our team is actually a better team than the Lakers and the Lakers may not be willing to spend the 17th pick on Bronny since they actually care about the future, while it is clear the Suns organization does not.

To me this is the most likely scenerio, because I don't think Lebron wants to leave LA, and I think the Suns are this desperate.

Even though I hate to say it, I think it is the only move that has a small chance to make this team a legit contender, so actually although it's kind of pathetic I support the move.
I would both hate this and be excited for it. Desperation, as a suns and cardinals fan, for a championship is a disgusting jumpsuit to wear.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I doubt the Suns are really interested in Bronny, but it could be the Suns and Lakers are working on a trade that would send his rights to Los Angeles at #22.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt the Suns are really interested in Bronny, but it could be the Suns and Lakers are working on a trade that would send his rights to Los Angeles at #22.
There would be no point in the Suns working him out if that was the case.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess it's possible if the alternative is the Lakers get nothing for him - and that way Lebron gets his 50 million.

Does that really make the Suns much better though? I guess some, but not enough - but it would be worth it just because we could get that contract off the books a lot faster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There would be no point in the Suns working him out if that was the case.

The Suns are going to be working out players prior to the draft. Why not Bronny as well?

Teams should explore every possible option pre-draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess it's possible if the alternative is the Lakers get nothing for him - and that way Lebron gets his 50 million.

Does that really make the Suns much better though? I guess some, but not enough - but it would be worth it just because we could get that contract off the books a lot faster.
Interestingly Lebron would be our best distributor immediately. I think Lebron for beal is an enormous upgrade.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are going to be working out players prior to the draft. Why not Bronny as well?

Teams should explore every possible option pre-draft.
Lets be real, there is no chance he is worth the 22nd pick unless you think you might be able to get Lebron as well.

The only reason to work him out is if you think it's possible - and to signal to Lebron you take his son seriously - even if in reality you don't.