Xbox Game Pass Gets Xbox Exclusives on Release Day

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
https://majornelson.com/2018/01/23/...-include-new-releases-from-microsoft-studios/

"Moving forward, we plan to release all new Xbox One exclusive games from Microsoft Studios into Xbox Game Pass on the same date as their global release. This means that when Sea of Thieves launches on March 20, it will be included in Xbox Game Pass to all members.

This plan to bring new games timed with their global release into Xbox Game Pass not only includes announced titles like Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Crackdown 3 but future unannounced games from Microsoft Studios including new iterations of our biggest Xbox One exclusive franchises such as Halo, Forza and Gears of War, on the same day they launch."

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. Maybe not a good fit for me, but I could see a lot of people digging it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This also leaks to "Microsoft play anywhere" so the games that have that would be free on your PC as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. That might convince me to pick this up and give it a try.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I found a deal that is $5/month for Game Pass for Gold members--is it worth it? There are a ton of games for it and some are pretty good (plus the new exclusive releases added). Is this worth it?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a deal that is $5/month for Game Pass for Gold members--is it worth it? There are a ton of games for it and some are pretty good (plus the new exclusive releases added). Is this worth it?
$60 a year for a massive library of games isn't bad if youll play them. Personally, I have a backlog of games already and own a lot of the games from the games with gold program so it doesn't entice me much.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
$60 a year for a massive library of games isn't bad if youll play them. Personally, I have a backlog of games already and own a lot of the games from the games with gold program so it doesn't entice me much.
That's my issue right now. But there are some cool looking indy games and some good 360 games that look worth it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my issue right now. But there are some cool looking indy games and some good 360 games that look worth it.
$5 for a month trial doesn't seem bad

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
New games coming to Game Pass in March:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/02/26/xbox-game-pass-update-march-2018/

Sea of Thieves (March 20th release date)
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Super Lucky’s Tale
Resident Evil Revelation 2
Oxenfree
Sonic CD
The Final Station
Euro Fishing

I'm interested in the top 3.

In February, they added:
Halo Wars 2
NBA 2K17
Fable Anniversary
WWE 2K17
Darksiders II: Deathfinitive Edition
Rime
Riptide Renegade GP
LetterQuest Grimm's Journey

They've been adding 7-8 games per month and taking away a few of the lesser played ones.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im interested in super luckys tale, its on sale for like $16 this month.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know I'm a broken record on this, but you can get Game Pass free (well, free-ish since it requires some work) through Microsoft Rewards.

1 month is 6800 points, 3 months is 17000 points. I earn about 10k points per month doing the tasks pretty much every day... it takes me about 5 minutes a day.

I was lucky to get in early when they offered a year of Game Pass for 29,000 points... they removed that option a few months ago though.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Super Lucky's Tale was fun & a nice throw-back 3d platform game. It was pretty short too so you could beat it in 8-10 hours without much difficulty (good for kids).

New GamePass games for April 2018:
Portal Knights
Cities Skylines
Cluster Truck
Late Shift
The Hunter - Call of the Wild
Kingdom New Lands
RoboCraft Infinity
Sacred Citadel

Most of these look pretty bad... I'll probably try Cities Skylines, Late Shift & Hunter.

A lot of people are looking forward to Portal Knights... it looks like Minecraft with better graphics.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super Lucky's Tale was fun & a nice throw-back 3d platform game. It was pretty short too so you could beat it in 8-10 hours without much difficulty (good for kids).

New GamePass games for April 2018:
Portal Knights
Cities Skylines
Cluster Truck
Late Shift
The Hunter - Call of the Wild
Kingdom New Lands
RoboCraft Infinity
Sacred Citadel

Most of these look pretty bad... I'll probably try Cities Skylines, Late Shift & Hunter.

A lot of people are looking forward to Portal Knights... it looks like Minecraft with better graphics.
I thought about buying luckys tale to play with the kids. I cant get into the gamepass thing, I guess I could do it for one month, beat a few games and leave it.

My mom bought her adopted sons an xbox and just did game pass, its a great service for that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought about buying luckys tale to play with the kids. I cant get into the gamepass thing, I guess I could do it for one month, beat a few games and leave it.

My mom bought her adopted sons an xbox and just did game pass, its a great service for that.
There are a lot of quality games on the Game Pass, but having a bunch of games is useless if you have no time to play them.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

CDKeys runs a special every once while where you can get your 1st month of GamePass for $2. I saw it on slickdeals about a week ago, but I don't know if it's still good. It looks like the regular price on CDKeys is $4, but it only works on your 1st month... I don't think it works if you've already done a 30 day trial.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CDKeys runs a special every once while where you can get your 1st month of GamePass for $2. I saw it on slickdeals about a week ago, but I don't know if it's still good. It looks like the regular price on CDKeys is $4, but it only works on your 1st month... I don't think it works if you've already done a 30 day trial.

lol if it has a trial.....even better

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
GamePass has a 14 day free trial right on the Xbox & I heard some people were getting a month somehow... maybe it came with a new game they bought?

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Xbox Game Pass New Games For May 2018

State of Decay 2 State of Decay 2 is the ultimate zombie survival fantasy that asks – how will you survive? A true sequel to the hugely successful first game, you take on the zombie apocalypse as you build a community with unique survivor characters who have their own backstories and motivations and develop a base that makes each experience completely different. In addition, State of Decay 2 features one of the most requested features from the community: cross-platform co-op multiplayer, where you and up to three of your friends can survive together on Xbox One or Windows 10 PC. State of Decay 2 is available for Xbox Game Pass members May 22.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 It’s time to take to the pitch and feel the match-day electricity as Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 comes to Xbox Game Pass from May 1 through August 31. Experience the award-winning series and play as iconic teams like F.C. Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund, put on a gameplay masterclass with the striking prowess of Luis Suárez, or make Emirates stadium rumble with Arsenal’s Aubameyang. The authenticity of the beautiful game is presented with true-to-life visuals and animations of players like Philippe Coutinho, Marco Reus, Lionel Messi, and Neymar Jr. Team up with friends in online 3v3 co-op matches to become the next great e-sports team. Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 is where legends are made. Become one with Xbox Game Pass.

Laser League On May 10, Laser League, a light-speed, arcade multiplayer shooter like no other, will be making its console debut on Xbox One and join Xbox Game Pass the same day. Roll7, known for the award-winning OlliOlli series and Not A Hero, bring their trademark addictive gameplay to an original vision of near-future competition. Jump into exhilarating 4v4 local matches or go online for 2v2 and 3v3 battles, face off in packed and vibrant international stadiums with intensely challenging laser maps to master, and party up with friends to find the perfect strategic blend of the six distinct player classes. Make use of their unique abilities to dominate the pitch and fry your opponents as the pitch lights up with deadly laser lights. Climb the leaderboards and make a name for yourself, gaining mastery ranks and XP. Unlock new player kits, emojis, and laser patterns to customize your characters to leave your mark on the pitch and in Laser League history!

Overcooked If you can’t stand the heat, it’s because your kitchen is on fire! Overcooked, the award-winning chaotic couch co-op cooking game for one to four players will be available on Xbox Game Pass starting May 1. Chop, dice, and fry your way to victory in a race to serve your hungry customers before they storm out, taking their precious tips with them! Choose from a variety of quirky chefs and take part in an epic journey, tackling an increasingly challenging gauntlet of kitchens that will push your skills of co-operation and co-ordination to the limits. Have you ever wanted to boil soup while moving between two speeding trucks or bake pizza in a haunted house? Then Overcooked is the game for you!

The Escapists Award-winning prison break simulation The Escapists is coming to Xbox Game Pass on May 1. While the aim of the game is simply to escape, the beauty is in the execution. You’re free to explore the prison, grabbing every chance to plan your escape between the mandatory rollcalls and chores. Do favors for your inmates, build up your strength in the gym, or read books to increase your skills. Liberate items from your inmates to use for crafting weapons and tools (soap can do so much more than keep you clean). Whether you execute a stealthy breakout or go out all guns blazing, the goal is the same: escape!

Homefront: The Revolution
Rise up and lead the resistance in Homefront: The Revolution, an epic open-world shooter set in a dystopian near future, where the United States has been occupied by the overwhelming military might of the Korean People’s Army (KPA) — available for Xbox Game Pass members on May 1. As Ethan Brady, you must master the art of guerrilla warfare — ambush, sabotage, infiltration, and deception — and fight a running battle through the war-ravaged suburbs of Philadelphia. Homefront: The Revolution boasts a vast single-player campaign and the Resistance Mode, a fully featured co-op experience that lets you and your friends form a Resistance Cell and take the fight to the KPA in thrilling PvE combat.

Unmechanical: Extended
Unmechanical: Extended is a great puzzle adventure game that combines tricky puzzle solving, alluring exploration, and an engrossing atmosphere, and is available for Xbox Game Pass members on May 1. Players can look forward to losing themselves in a world of flesh, rock, and steel, solving a whole host of puzzling challenges, helping our little robot who is trapped in an underground complex find his way to freedom.

Sonic & Knuckles Hedgehog and Echidna unite! Enjoy a different experience in the world of Sonic where adversaries work as one. Join Sonic and Knuckles from May 1, as they put aside their differences and combine forces to thwart the schemes of the conniving Dr. Eggman. Their goal is to acquire the priceless Master Emerald and save Angel Island—a goal they cannot reach on their own. You can play as Sonic with amazing new powers or play as Knuckles with your wall-climbing skills or bare-fisted fighting style to defeat Dr. Eggman. You have eight zones to explore and two adventures to conquer. And to enhance the excitement you can combine with Sonic 3 to blow out the experience—playing as Sonic, Knuckles, and even Tails to unlock the best secrets. Also, you can combine with Sonic 2 and all of Knuckles signature moves are now yours. Sometimes your enemy turns out to be your best friend!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well crap, I totally planned to buy state of Decay...

I bet I could get my fill on it within a month but then its a question of if I will play that over PuBG and if I can get my son off fortnite to play it with me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this gets more people to play Overcooked. Such a great game.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
well crap, I totally planned to buy state of Decay...

I bet I could get my fill on it within a month but then its a question of if I will play that over PuBG and if I can get my son off fortnite to play it with me.
The original State of Decay is also in Xbox Game Pass.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope this gets more people to play Overcooked. Such a great game.
Overcooked was fun. My wife & I beat it in a few hours though. It's one of the few games that I've been able to get her to play with me. It needed more content & online multiplayer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson