X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently because the bonding process was incomplete, Deadpool will only have super healing after his "death". The other powers were temporary. Should a Deadpool movie come out then you should expect to see the character in the comics.

Up next...Gambit movie.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any other poker fans mark out when Daniel Negreanu was sitting at the poker table with Gambit?

I guess he is a Gambit fan.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is more shocking about this weekend? Wolverine only made $87,000,0000 or the crappy looking Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past made $15,000,000. According to the LA time though, that is about $17,000,0000 more than anticipated for Wolverine and and $5,000,000 less for the crappy movie.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rotten Tomatoes and their 38% can kma! This movie was rollicking good fun!! Did it have a few flaws? Sure, but what movie doesn't? Overall, a really, really decent film. 4 out of 5 stars.

RASTA14

Reaction score
Saw movie today, i thought it was just ok. Ironman was better if you want to compare it.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Thought the movie was very average. 6/10

The pacing was slow IMO. I liked the hints they gave for the earlier (technically later) X-Men flicks though. The kid that was frozen and had the different colored eyes has a role in X2.

I pretty much liked the movie until the team split. From that point it dragged. My wife fell asleep during the remainder of the movie.

But I must say the end fight sequence was great.

For those who don't know yet, stay until the credits are done.

asudevil83

Reaction score
just got back from seeing it. it was entertaining, yet completely unpolished.

even the special effects were not up to par with a summer blockbuster should have.

overall - 5.5/10

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Vastly disagree with the last two posters. I don't think it dragged at all, but I believe that action movies don't need to just be shoot 'em ups either. I love good character and plot development, and I thought that the movie definitely had that. I also disagree that it didn't pop. I'm definitely not a believer that a film isn't any good if the effects aren't the best. I think so much more makes a movie. The effects were good but not great, and that's all that was needed. A fun action movie, and also filled with lots of emotion, plot and character. 8/10 for me.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Vastly disagree with the last two posters. I don't think it dragged at all, but I believe that action movies don't need to just be shoot 'em ups either. I love good character and plot development, and I thought that the movie definitely had that. I also disagree that it didn't pop. I'm definitely not a believer that a film isn't any good if the effects aren't the best. I think so much more makes a movie. The effects were good but not great, and that's all that was needed. A fun action movie, and also filled with lots of emotion, plot and character. 8/10 for me.

not that some of the special effects werent good, they were SLOPPY. SciFi Channel movie sloppy, like it was rushed through editing. Most of it was pretty good though.

Also, the plot development was nice, but rushed. Things jumped from one place to another sporadically IMO. I konw that they didnt have much choice due to time.

I'm just saying that for a summer blockbuster it was lagging. Could have used another month in editing. I think i did read that quite a bit of last minute footage was added before release, and if that is true it showed.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
not that some of the special effects werent good, they were SLOPPY. SciFi Channel movie sloppy, like it was rushed through editing. Most of it was pretty good though.

Also, the plot development was nice, but rushed. Things jumped from one place to another sporadically IMO. I konw that they didnt have much choice due to time.

I'm just saying that for a summer blockbuster it was lagging. Could have used another month in editing. I think i did read that quite a bit of last minute footage was added before release, and if that is true it showed.

Lagging for you; great for me.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Lagging for you; great for me.

to each their own :)

the other problem is that their is WAY too much backstory behind Wolverine to encompass it into one movie. they did their best.

i would have been completely happy with a 2 parter...ala Kill Bill or the Matrix sequels. One released at the beginning of the summer, one at the end.

One movie with him and his bone claws...the other revolving around him and his Adamantium form.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was not a great movie. However, it was nowhere near as bad as the critics made it out to be. I went into this movie after reading the horrible reviews and expected the movie to be X-Men 3 all over again. I was pleased with it and thought it was a fun action movie.

The movie had cool action sequences, some cool new characters and again thought HJ did a great job. The back story stuff was very cool as well. I was not expecting Dark Night material so I was not disappointed.

I do however feel the FX were horribly uneven. They were some really good FX scenes in the movie and ones that were a total crap fest. It was like they had 2 different FX teams doing the CGI. The scenes were you saw the claws up close looked horribly fake. In addition, the "de-aging" of Patrick Stewart is probably the worst attempt at that I have ever seen (see Curious Case of Benjamin Button to see how it should be done).

I rank this movie better then X-Men 3 but still behind the first 2 IMO.

asudevil83

Reaction score
This was not a great movie. However, it was nowhere near as bad as the critics made it out to be. I went into this movie after reading the horrible reviews and expected the movie to be X-Men 3 all over again. I was pleased with it and thought it was a fun action movie.

The movie had cool action sequences, some cool new characters and again thought HJ did a great job. The back story stuff was very cool as well. I was not expecting Dark Night material so I was not disappointed.

I do however feel the FX were horribly uneven. They were some really good FX scenes in the movie and ones that were a total crap fest. It was like they had 2 different FX teams doing the CGI. The scenes were you saw the claws up close looked horribly fake. In addition, the "de-aging" of Patrick Stewart is probably the worst attempt at that I have ever seen (see Curious Case of Benjamin Button to see how it should be done).

I rank this movie better then X-Men 3 but still behind the first 2 IMO.

from what i've read, there were some last minute scenes added to the movie. this probably explains some of the piss poor special effects. not enough time to polish it up.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The first movie seemed geared more towards kids to me, while the second and third ditched that all together. This movie had some curse words and was a bit more violent, but not to violent

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Wow, I just saw this movie because I was given a free pass from a friend and it is far and away the worst film I have seen in quite a while. All the X-Men movies have been disappointing, but it didn't even look like anyone tried on this one. Special effects, which are supposed to be the mainstay of summer films were pathetic to the point that I thought I was watching a High School production.

Really, I could rant about this movie for days, but the real kicker is the story line. The beginning montage was ridiculous. Wolverine and Sabertooth are best friends and fight in a couple of wars; all is well and good until we reach the Vietnam War, where Sabertooth just loses it and attacks everyone. So it was THAT war that sent him over the edge? A good guy is transformed into a bad man with what my friend described as 'jungle fever.' But this didn't cause me too much concern.

Then we get to the end... and all I have to say is WHAT THE ****?!?! We spend the entire film believing Sabertooth is this evil guy who kills innocent people for fun and is now the mortal enemy of Logan... Then when Logan is more than likely going to die at the hands of Weapon XI, Sabertooth comes in to save the day with the line: "Nobody gets to kill you but me!" Are you kidding? No, honestly? The bad guy comes to save the game... after spending the whole film murdering anyone who looked at him the wrong way or laughed at the smallness of his pecker.

And finally... the big kicker. Let's have Logan lose his memory by shooting him in the face... That seems to be the right direction to take.

That just highlights some of the main problems with this film, and if I had paid money to see this P.O.S. I would have been furious.