X-2 thread, with spoilers

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I wanted to start a new thread for those who want to talk about the movie with spoilers.

Just saw this tonight, and I was pretty impressed. Nightcrawler was insanely cool, one of the more awesome mutants around.

One thing I had a problem with was the relative ease with which the X-men took to Magneto helping them. After what he did to all of them in the first movie, for Rogue to be the only one pissed enough to take off her glove at him, that seemed kind of weird. There was basically ZERO debate on whether to trust him or not.

And to basically let him do what he wanted without thinking he might betray them was weird as well.

Other than that, great movie.

Question: The thing Jean turned into...is that from the comics? If so, what is it? It was really cool seeing her power grow as the movie went on.

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, regarding Magneto, they really had no choice. And besides, he DID fix their plane for them IN MIDAIR no less! His goal seemed to be the same--it was mutants vs. humans. Plus, Magneto probably felt he needed the X-Men to get into the Cerebro 2 so he could reverse it.

As for Jean Gray, she becomes Phoenix from the comics.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the comics, Jean Grey dies (flying in from space I believe). Later on she is resurected as "Phoenix" (for obvious reasons I think). Phoenix has more power than Professor X, but turns into "Dark Phoenix" later on as the power overtakes when she is coerrced by Mastermind (who was theoretically Jason Stryker in the movie). Now where they go with this I have no idea.

Statues of Phoenix and Dark Phoenix

(my memory is not that clear so anyone feel free to correct me or to elaborate)

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to read the comics, but i'd have no clue where to begin.

Mike

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
I need to read the comics, but i'd have no clue where to begin.

Mike

For those of us who have full-time jobs and social lives, God created the trade paperback. Go to any comic store or Barnes and Nobles, Borders, etc. and you'll find a good selection of collected issues from the more successful story arcs. That, and some pretty awesome graphic novels have been produced that are shelved with the trade paperbacks as well.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully

Gambit will be in the next movie. When Mystique is doing a search on mutants, she stops right below Remy Lebeau

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I seem to remember Magneto sometimes working with the X-Men; Sebastian Shaw was a bigger baddy during the time I was reading the comics as a kid. Anyway, it didn't seem to far-fetched to me that Magneto would work with them.

The thing that annoys me ever-so-slightly is that many of my favorite X-Men are just kids, and can't do diddly-poo . . . Cyclops, Jubilee, Shadowcat, etc. Psylocke isn't even the films; probably cause folks would confuse her with Jean Gray I guess, I dunno. :\

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan H

The thing that annoys me ever-so-slightly is that many of my favorite X-Men are just kids, and can't do diddly-poo . . . Cyclops, Jubilee, Shadowcat, etc. Psylocke isn't even the films; probably cause folks would confuse her with Jean Gray I guess, I dunno. :\

I'm not a huge fan of the actor that plays him, but I think it's really bad that they don't give Cyclops the role he's had for so many years in the comics. Wolverine may be the coolest, but Cyclops has and will always be the leader of the X-Men. Instead, he just states the obvious and complains about Wolverine and Jean Grey.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
I'm not a huge fan of the actor that plays him, but I think it's really bad that they don't give Cyclops the role he's had for so many years in the comics. Wolverine may be the coolest, but Cyclops has and will always be the leader of the X-Men. Instead, he just states the obvious and complains about Wolverine and Jean Grey.

I actually meant to type Collossus instead of Cyclops, but you're still right. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard