2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
since -- its 10 more days or so until the opener, and, the thread title is basically the theme of the 2023 Cardinals season -- (and i love the draft)

one question I have been wrestling with: My chief criticism of Keim was that he talked about premium positions, but then didnt follow through in the draft.

This draft seems to have good premium position players at the top........... and Brock Bowers, TE

I suspect he goes lower than 3 -- 7-10 is my guess -- but if one of the two picks is in that range and he is there, Im tempted to go full Keim and take him. AAITA here?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
since -- its 10 more days or so until the opener, and, the thread title is basically the theme of the 2023 Cardinals season -- (and i love the draft)

one question I have been wrestling with: My chief criticism of Keim was that he talked about premium positions, but then didnt follow through in the draft.

This draft seems to have good premium position players at the top........... and Brock Bowers, TE

I suspect he goes lower than 3 -- 7-10 is my guess -- but if one of the two picks is in that range and he is there, Im tempted to go full Keim and take him. AAITA here?

Bowers is a monster. If the Cardinals didn't get MHJ I wouldn't be opposed to Bowers, even considering the failures of so many highly drafted TEa.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bowers is a monster. If the Cardinals didn't get MHJ I wouldn't be opposed to Bowers, even considering the failures of so many highly drafted TEa.
I also like Bowers. I am curious to see how he is as a blocker this year because that is going to be the concern.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Eh he's significantly better than Pitts was in college. So far, he's probably the most accomplished TE in CFB history.

I would argue that is more about the team trying to use him vs anything else personally. Not every NFL offense understands how to use a TE.

That's fine, but let's take a quick look at the TEs taken in the top 10 who worked out in the past 30 years:

Now let's look at the TEs who underperformed their draft status after getting taken in the top 10:
Pitts
Hockenson
Ebron
Vernon Davis
Kellen Winslow, Jr.
Rickey Dudley

Obviously one of TE someday is going to make a splash after being drafted high, but what is an elite TE really doing for you?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's fine, but let's take a quick look at the TEs taken in the top 10 who worked out in the past 30 years:

Now let's look at the TEs who underperformed their draft status after getting taken in the top 10:
Pitts
Hockenson
Ebron
Vernon Davis
Kellen Winslow, Jr.
Rickey Dudley

Obviously one of TE someday is going to make a splash after being drafted high, but what is an elite TE really doing for you?
Well if we knew the outcomes of drafting Kelce now, he would go top ten easy.

A good TE stresses the seams, and also is great in short yardage situations (passing and running)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So was Pitts when he was compared to the TEs before him.

….Until he wasn’t
It is a fair critique for sure. Like I said, some of it is I don't believe NFL coaches know how to best use TEs but that gets into a more subjective conversation.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach