WR Rome Odunze

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here were my thoughts on Mahomes back then:

"Mahomes will not go round 3-4. He has generational traits. Matt Miller says he has the strongest arm in a decade.

He's strong, a pretty good athlete, a leader. And even though he has horrific mechanocs, his arm talent overcomes it.

He reminds me a bit of a bigger Russell Wilson, but a better arm."
Good call, Krango Dancer. I once posted somewhere (maybe it was a direct message or whatever) that if the Cardinals didn't draft Lamar Jackson, it would be so SOC, and that I would be totally out.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't know that is true.

It's been widely reported that teams see all three top guys interchangeable depending on what you need as a team.

You can disagree with the guys opinion, but a former NFL GM ranked Harrison 3rd. So if that guy was drafting he absolutely doesn't go first.

I personally believe that Harrison has the highest floor and that is why I want him. I am always risk adverse.
Most "reports" aren't from draft rooms. Just saying. Belichick confirmed this. We can agree to disagree but there is a reason no one is putting their name on these reports. Another example of people using a top prospect to connect a lower prospect to boost the lower prospect's profile. I don't take Chris Simms seriously nor do I take the click bait former GM seriously.

But whatever, people can be doped into thinking whatever.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most "reports" aren't from draft rooms. Just saying. Belichick confirmed this. We can agree to disagree but there is a reason no one is putting their name on these reports. Another example of people using a top prospect to connect a lower prospect to boost the lower prospect's profile. I don't take Chris Simms seriously nor do I take the click bait former GM seriously.

Well the Athletic polled 8 GMs and coaches anonymously about whom the best receiver is and it went:

Harrison 4 votes.
Nabers 2 votes.
Odunze 2 votes

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Clickbait former GM took Ted Ginn Jr in the top 10 and thought that was an endorsement of his personnel acumen.

Well the Athletic polled 8 GMs and coaches anonymously about whom the best receiver is and it went:

Harrison 4 votes.
Nabers 2 votes.
Odunze 2 votes

Eight?! What a sample size. #proven

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Harrison 4 votes.
Nabers 2 votes.
Odunze 2 votes
I had a few friends who went to the wedding of a guy we went to college with. The wedding was paid for by the show Bridezillas. They spent an hour or so filming reaction shots. They did multiple takes scenes they felt could be more dramatic. It is all a show.

Matthew Berry has shared the story of one of the first times he did fantasy analysis on TV. Another personality on the panel said he liked a certain player, and Matthew agreed with him. They cut the take, re-recorded, and the other personality took the opposite side of the argument. It is all a show.

People can believe whatever they want at this point. This is just something I am pretty confident in.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh. Were they all speaking on behalf of their teams? I bet they're not, and that the assessments were pretty wide-ranging across many buildings.

I would assume that they were in fact doing so since that is the point of the article

This has been well reported for months. I don't see the disconnect that some of you have.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would assume that they were in fact doing so since that is the point of the article

This has been well reported for months. I don't see the disconnect that some of you have.
I will speak for me. What has been reported for months has been reported by agents. Outside of a few click bait personalities, almost every post-season media draft board had MHJ #1. Then the anonymous "reports" came out. Some of them unsurprisingly around the time MHJ was choosing to not participate in the combine. Then gained steam after he chose to not perform at his pro day. And now, the week of the draft, further reports from GMs, scouts and coaches start discussing how all three WRs are very close. I am sure this is in no way related to multiple teams discussing trades and trying to generate leverage to get the best deal possible.

Like I said, believe what you want. I just feel this happens almost every year with the draft. Top prospect fatigue and prospect anchoring are real things.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will speak for me. What has been reported for months has been reported by agents. Outside of a few click bait personalities, almost every post-season media draft board had MHJ #1. Then the anonymous "reports" came out. Some of them unsurprisingly around the time MHJ was choosing to not participate in the combine. Then gained steam after he chose to not perform at his pro day. And now, the week of the draft, further reports from GMs, scouts and coaches start discussing how all three WRs are very close. I am sure this is in no way related to multiple teams discussing trades and trying to generate leverage to get the best deal possible.

Like I said, believe what you want. I just feel this happens almost every year with the draft. Top prospect fatigue and prospect anchoring are real things.

Fair enough

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Gotta build up that drama just in case one of them slides to 15