Find me a f/a receiver.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Go big or go home. Seahawks wrs have high end talent. Rams wrs have high end talent. 49ers wrs have high end talent.

Spend the money Monti if somehow Higgins, Pittman or Evans become available.

Last edited:

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Go big or go home. Seahawks wr has high end talent. Rams wrs have high end talent. 49ers wrs have high end talent.

Spend the money Monti if somehow Higgins, Pittman or Evans become available.
Totally agree - it’s a loser mentality to say we can’t/should not even try to pursue these guys. $$$ talks. We tolerated a flop year, I want us going big time this year to establish an at least competitive roster.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting way to see those stats. They're the same age and one guy has 150 more receptions and 914 yards... Hollywood.

Don't take this for me advocating that we necessarily have to re-sign Hollywood, but Davis has been getting the ball thrown to him by one of the best in the NFL his entire career, and basically only breaks away on pure vertical routes.

He just absolutely disappears a lot of the time.
I get you. Harry pointed of the deficiencies of Davis. However, he fills a need on this team, a big #2. His 16 ypc suggest big plays.
My thought is Brown gets replace with MHJ or Odunze. Pair one of those two with Davis and we finally have a dual threat. Sprinkle in Wilson, Dortch, Moore and McBride and suddenly our wr room is potentially lethal.

But, this post is asking to find a free agent Wr that won’t break the bank. Maybe Davis isn’t the guy and maybe he will cost too much. You got to give me better than “just keep Brown”. We have to move on from Smurfsville.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I get you. Harry pointed of the deficiencies of Davis. However, he fills a need on this team, a big #2. His 16 ypc suggest big plays.
My thought is Brown gets replace with MHJ or Odunze. Pair one of those two with Davis and we finally have a dual threat. Sprinkle in Wilson, Dortch, Moore and McBride and suddenly our wr room is potentially lethal.

But, this post is asking to find a free agent Wr that won’t break the bank. Maybe Davis isn’t the guy and maybe he will cost too much. You got to give me better than “just keep Brown”. We have to move on from Smurfsville.
I think Wilson is probably going to stick as the #2, like it or not. For some reason, I thought Moore was gone after this year, but I guess not. He stinks though, at least in terms of staying healthy.

I'd almost rather pursue Tyler Boyd than try to replace Wilson on the outside with someone mediocre.

@SoonerLou isn't wrong... if we can make it work, I'm not against signing Pittman or Higgins. And then STILL draft a guy.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Wilson is probably going to stick as the #2, like it or not. For some reason, I thought Moore was gone after this year, but I guess not. He stinks though, at least in terms of staying healthy.

I'd almost rather pursue Tyler Boyd than try to replace Wilson on the outside with someone mediocre.

@SoonerLou isn't wrong... if we can make it work, I'm not against signing Pittman or Higgins. And then STILL draft a guy.
Wilson as the #2 is a mistake. If we sign a f/a and Wilson blossoms ( and stays healthy) we will have a VERY strong receiving room.
At least Boyd would be an okay pickup.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wilson as the #2 is a mistake. If we sign a f/a and Wilson blossoms ( and stays healthy) we will have a VERY strong receiving room.
At least Boyd would be an okay pickup.
The end of his season was pretty strong.

Draft MHJ (please), develop Wilson, maybe sign Boyd for the slot, and this is a very solid corps for the future.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I certainly hope Monti isn’t blinded and thinks Wilson is the guy.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Need a legit WR1 and a solid WR2. Wilson as WR3 is ok. The rest of them can fight it out for the remaining WR spots

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe we need two wr’s (not Brown). Sign a veteran and draft #1.
Let’s be real. For one reason or another forget Higgins, Evans and Pittman.

I’m looking for a guy that can truly take pressure off our #1. I’m looking for bigger and not a 36 year old in the twilight of his career. Think very good #2.

I thought Gabe Davis. Fits the bill but Harry shot me down on him with his shortcomings and says we can do better However,
Gabe Davis is 6’2” and only 25. In 4 years he’s had 163 rec. for 2730 for 16.7 ypc. With 25 Td’s.

Josh Reynolds is 6’3” and 28. In 8 years he’s had 215 rec. for 2889 for 13.4 ypc with 19 tds.

D.J.Chark. Is 6’3” and 27. In 6 years he’s had 210 rec for 3023 for 14.4 ypc. With 23 tds.

Noah Brown is 6’2” and 27. In 6 years he’s had 115 rec. for 1547 for 13.5 ypc. With 5 td. Note on Brown, 2023 was his best year with 33 rec for 557 for 17.2 ypc. With 2 td.

I think each one of these guys would be an upgrade over Brown. I don’t think they’ll break the bank. I also took in consideration their situation, teams and QB’s they had.
Also remember these guys would be our #2 Wr with the hope of MHJ OR Odunze on the other side.

Blast away! Love to hear your thoughts and alternative players.
The only guy that intrigues me in that list is Gabe Davis, but considering what he will likely want, I don’t see him as a good investment as he is a very hot/cold streaky type of player.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah Wilson showed some skills the past two games. Adjusting to the ball when it's in the air. Soft hands. Some nice route running.

But he's not a slot guy right? IMHO don't think he's shown enough to be counted on as WR2.

But I guess it could be:

WR1OTF
Wilson
Boyd
Dortch/Moore

Boyd at 6' 1" 200 pounds is a little bigger target in the slot so I like that!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Appreciate your input.
The good news is they have Dortch under contract for like a million dollars next season. He may not be a flashy name but he is productive. So if they take MHJ that’s already a decent WR core (MHJ, Dortch, McBride, Wilson) that costs you pennies on the dollar.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My list is like Evans, Pittman, Chark, and Peoples-Jones. There just isn't much to be interested in. Maybe Ridley. Brown will come down to dollars. But that is it. And in reality, Pittman is probably franchised, and Evans might have changed his mind about re-signing in TB.