Find me a f/a receiver.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe we need two wr’s (not Brown). Sign a veteran and draft #1.
Let’s be real. For one reason or another forget Higgins, Evans and Pittman.

I’m looking for a guy that can truly take pressure off our #1. I’m looking for bigger and not a 36 year old in the twilight of his career. Think very good #2.

I thought Gabe Davis. Fits the bill but Harry shot me down on him with his shortcomings and says we can do better However,
Gabe Davis is 6’2” and only 25. In 4 years he’s had 163 rec. for 2730 for 16.7 ypc. With 25 Td’s.

Josh Reynolds is 6’3” and 28. In 8 years he’s had 215 rec. for 2889 for 13.4 ypc with 19 tds.

D.J.Chark. Is 6’3” and 27. In 6 years he’s had 210 rec for 3023 for 14.4 ypc. With 23 tds.

Noah Brown is 6’2” and 27. In 6 years he’s had 115 rec. for 1547 for 13.5 ypc. With 5 td. Note on Brown, 2023 was his best year with 33 rec for 557 for 17.2 ypc. With 2 td.

I think each one of these guys would be an upgrade over Brown. I don’t think they’ll break the bank. I also took in consideration their situation, teams and QB’s they had.
Also remember these guys would be our #2 Wr with the hope of MHJ OR Odunze on the other side.

Blast away! Love to hear your thoughts and alternative players.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some lesser known names that might fit as a #3 or #4 WR for fairly cheap:

Nick Westbrook-Ikhine WR Titans: Great size and a very strong run blocker.

Mack Hollins WR Falcons: Hollins got stuck in Arthur Smith's dreadful Falcons offense this offseason. He is big and physical. Although he is on the wrong side of 30 he still should have a couple of good years left in him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Evans is only 30...he's got 4-5 good years left, IMO....and he's been relatively healthy his entire career...most games missed in any season is 3. I think he'd be a perfect mentor to pair with a #1 draftee. Similar to the Colts drafting Reggie Wayne to play ey with the original Marvin Harrison in his last few years.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evans is only 30...he's got 4-5 good years left, IMO....and he's been relatively healthy his entire career...most games missed in any season is 3. I think he'd be a perfect mentor to pair with a #1 draftee. Similar to the Colts drafting Reggie Wayne to play ey with the original Marvin Harrison in his last few years.
It’s been said he wants to remain a Buc.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Curtis Samuel is 27 and has had a nice season in Washington. He could take Rondale Moore's role and actually be a weapon.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
i would have no problem with our rcvg corps being 1.Evans 2. MHJ 3.Wilson 4. Dortch 5. Moore

Plus MCBride and Higgins... whoa

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see 0 chance of us getting a high valued free agent WR, and drafting MHJ.
I agree. That’s why my question was a solid #2 that could take the pressure off a rookie like MHJ.
I’m not sure what the guys I mentioned would command but I think they could be had for less than what some project Brown will be offered.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. That’s why my question was a solid #2 that could take the pressure off a rookie like MHJ.
I’m not sure what the guys I mentioned would command but I think they could be had for less than what some project Brown will be offered.
Even solid #2s get Christian Kirk money these days it seems.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even solid #2s get Christian Kirk money these days it seems.
Okay. But what I’ve seen projected on some sites is 12m one year deal for Brown. It’s not what would pay but if that’s the going rate I’m not sure what Chalk, Reynolds, Davis or Noah B would command much more. No?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. But what I’ve seen projected on some sites is 12m one year deal for Brown. It’s not what would pay but if that’s the going rate I’m not sure what Chalk, Reynolds, Davis or Noah B would command much more. No?
I think that is just the going rate for Hollywood because he is coming off of injury, not what other players would command.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Calvin Ridley would be a good option and warts aside I still like Gabe Davis.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ridley would be my only hope in the scenario where we're unwilling to go for one of the top 3. Ridley's looked good this year when Lawrence has put the ball on him correctly, which hasn't been much of the case.

Gabe Davis has talent but can we fix his boom or bust propensity? I'd almost rather sign Hollywood again.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin Ridley would be a good option and warts aside I still like Gabe Davis.
Calvin is worth betting on!

I'll see myself out!

But seriously, Sportrac says he should get 4 years at $58 million. If he is willing to put in a suspension clause, I'd sign him to be #2 at $14.5 million a year. I think he goes for more though.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin is worth betting on!

I'll see myself out!

But seriously, Sportrac says he should get 4 years at $58 million. If he is willing to put in a suspension clause, I'd sign him to be #2 at $14.5 million a year. I think he goes for more though.
Don’t think he fits the culture.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridley would be my only hope in the scenario where we're unwilling to go for one of the top 3. Ridley's looked good this year when Lawrence has put the ball on him correctly, which hasn't been much of the case.

Gabe Davis has talent but can we fix his boom or bust propensity? I'd almost rather sign Hollywood again.
Well boom or bust is better than just bust.
Brown 5’9” 313 rec for 3644 and 11.6 ypc. With 28 tds. He’s 26.
Davis 6’2” 163 rec 2730 and 16.7 ypc.
With 25 tds. He’s 26.

Browns has more catches as a #1 receiver. The 11.6 ypc isn’t that impressive.
Davis has been the 2nd receiver with an impressive 16.7 ypc with damn near the same tds in half the catches.

I don’t see the boom with Brown and the Bust isn’t any bigger than Davis.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well boom or bust is better than just bust.
Brown 5’9” 313 rec for 3644 and 11.6 ypc. With 28 tds. He’s 26.
Davis 6’2” 163 rec 2730 and 16.7 ypc.
With 25 tds. He’s 26.

Browns has more catches as a #1 receiver. The 11.6 ypc isn’t that impressive.
Davis has been the 2nd receiver with an impressive 16.7 ypc with damn near the same tds in half the catches.

I don’t see the boom with Brown and the Bust isn’t any bigger than Davis.
That's an interesting way to see those stats. They're the same age and one guy has 150 more receptions and 914 yards... Hollywood.

Don't take this for me advocating that we necessarily have to re-sign Hollywood, but Davis has been getting the ball thrown to him by one of the best in the NFL his entire career, and basically only breaks away on pure vertical routes.

He just absolutely disappears a lot of the time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson