WR Rome Odunze

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know that MHJ is the number one WR choice for the draft but WR Rome Odunze ,Washington, certainly is an impressive player that would be a good fit for the Cards. He is 6'3" and 215 lbs so he fits the bill as getting another big WR. He sure looked good in the playoff games; good hands, good speed and tough. Would not be disappointed if he ended up being a Cardinal.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Was this take so hot that it couldn't have been posted in any of the current three threads talking about Odunze?

You must be registered for see images attach

The reason I point this out - with multiple threads about the same subject, we all have to click into multiple conversations vs having it all in one thread.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was this take so hot that it couldn't have been posted in any of the current three threads talking about Odunze?

The reason I point this out - with multiple threads about the same subject, we all have to click into multiple conversations vs having it all in one thread.
Well, if you want to discuss Rome Odunze specifically this is the thread. :cool:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm a fan, but not before pick 15 at a minimum. He's my #3 WR I think behind MHJ and Nabers. I do like the frame but am waiting for his times at the combine or pro day before I reassess.

I can see a world where the Bears go Caleb at #1 and then Nabers or Odunze at 9.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN had a nice feature about him on their pregame last night. He learned about working hard on his grandfather's Utah farm in his youth. Was loyal to u dub through the lean years which indicates some loyalty.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm a fan, but not before pick 15 at a minimum. He's my #3 WR I think behind MHJ and Nabers. I do like the frame but am waiting for his times at the combine or pro day before I reassess.

I can see a world where the Bears go Caleb at #1 and then Nabers or Odunze at 9.
Naw he's WR #2 for the Cardinals. Murray needs a big 50/50 ball catcher who is great at tracking the ball down field. Odunze and Nabers had virtually identifical numbers and he has a better size profile.

He's in play @ #4.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see the crowd screaming “ Dunze” after a big catch!
Odunze has that Pittman look to him. Have no idea how the compare but he reminds me of him.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
No way I take Odunze or Nabers at #4. The OT position is too important and these prospects are too good to pass up.

We have the Texans pick and #35 overall...which is enough ammo to move into the #10-15 range and get Nabers/Odunze/Coleman if we value them that highly.

I do think those 3 are clearly in a tier above the guys who might be available at the Texans pick...and if we want a WR we know will be a day 1 contributor, then we should move up and get one assuming we don't get MHJ at #4.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way I take Odunze or Nabers at #4. The OT position is too important and these prospects are too good to pass up.

We have the Texans pick and #35 overall...which is enough ammo to move into the #10-15 range and get Nabers/Odunze/Coleman if we value them that highly.

I do think those 3 are clearly in a tier above the guys who might be available at the Texans pick...and if we want a WR we know will be a day 1 contributor, then we should move up and get one assuming we don't get MHJ at #4.
I don’t see us investing another top draft pick on an OT.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Oh, man. My finger hurts so much from clicking:p, but I was hoping to read a little bit about his play from last night. I specifically remember 2 nice long catches, one of which didn't count. Were there more?

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure what other options there are besides WR. Maybe we get a trade down offer for someone coming up for Daniels, but I doubt it. If MHJ is gone and we are stuck at #4..then by far the best prospects are one of the two LT's. We also have a need there with DJ going down (and being below average his entire career). You could move PJJ to LT for sure, but then we are still in need of a RT and it still leaves the question...whos the #4 pick then?

I dont see any CB or Edge I would take at #4 this year either.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what other options there are besides WR. Maybe we get a trade down offer for someone coming up for Daniels, but I doubt it. If MHJ is gone and we are stuck at #4..then by far the best prospects are one of the two LT's. We also have a need there with DJ going down (and being below average his entire career). You could move PJJ to LT for sure, but then we are still in need of a RT and it still leaves the question...whos the #4 pick then?

I dont see any CB or Edge I would take at #4 this year either.
Of course most draft talk either assumes if MHJ is available or he isn’t.
If he isn’t I believe we will trade down. How far I don’t know but I would shiver if it is below the 8 th pick.
If I we could trade down for additional picks and grab Odunze, great.
I would then hope we trade some picks to move back up and get the best defensive player available whether that is an Edge, CB or d-line.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
IMO, the only way we're getting Odunze is if we trade into the 8-12 range from #4. That may well be the right move, acquiring more picks. However, if we stay put at #4, I don't see us giving up draft capital to move up from #21+ with a WR class this deep.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Of course most draft talk either assumes if MHJ is available or he isn’t.
If he isn’t I believe we will trade down. How far I don’t know but I would shiver if it is below the 8 th pick.
If I we could trade down for additional picks and grab Odunze, great.
I would then hope we trade some picks to move back up and get the best defensive player available whether that is an Edge, CB or d-line.
It would depend on what we stockpile pick wise for me. If we can trade down, then trade up and bank a nice pick for next year...sure.

Once you get from the 8-15 range...I think Nabers, Odunze, Verse, Coleman, Mckinstry, Newton and Turner are all in play as solid value picks...and you could even make a case for OT's like Fuga and Latham.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would depend on what we stockpile pick wise for me. If we can trade down, then trade up and bank a nice pick for next year...sure.

Once you get from the 8-15 range...I think Nabers, Odunze, Verse, Coleman, Mckinstry, Newton and Turner are all in play as solid value picks...and you could even make a case for OT's like Fuga and Latham.
So much depends on free agency and what other teams do in the draft.
Nobody knows for 100% if Odunze will outperform Nabers or Coleman.
However. I want to come out of this first round with a true projected #1 wr. MHJ fills that roll and consensus seems to be Odunze as the next best choice.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think small QB’s need big physical WR’s than can adjust and catch balls in traffic. Odunze fits that bill and every time I watch him he passes the eye test. Nabers is the more explosive athlete and may have a higher ceiling but Odunze’s instincts are right there with MHJ. Kyler didn’t get his buddy CeeDee but Odunze might just be a tier below that.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same.

I've gone through this before, but most of the successful teams in the NFL don't have many first-round offensive linemen on their rosters.

Most have a couple second or third round picks and then some lower and a couple UDFAs.

Here are last year's SB teams and their OL's. One 1st round OL pick between both teams.

Kansas City Chiefs
Donovan Smith - 2nd round (FA signing)
Joe Thuney - 3rd round (FA signing)
Creed Humphrey - 2nd round (KC)
Trey Smith - 6th round (KC)
Jawaan Taylor - 2nd round (FA signing)
Noah Gray - 5th round (KC)
Wanya Morris - 3rd round (KC)
Mike Caliendo - UDFA (KC)
Nick Allegretti - 7th round (KC)
Lucas Niang - 3rd round (KC)

Philadelphia Eagles
Jordan Mailata - 7th round (PH)
Sua Opeta - UDFA (PH)
Jason Kelce - 6th round (PH)
Cam Jurgens - 2nd round (PH)
Lane Johnson - 1st round (PH)
Fred Johnson - UDFA (FA signing)
Landon Dickerson - 2nd round (PH)
Tyler Steen - 3rd round (PH)
Jack Driscoll - 4th round (PH)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same.

I've gone through this before, but most of the successful teams in the NFL don't have many first-round offensive linemen on their rosters.

Most have a couple second or third round picks and then some lower and a couple UDFAs.

Here are last year's SB teams and their OL's. One 1st round OL pick between both teams.

Kansas City Chiefs
Donovan Smith - 2nd round (FA signing)
Joe Thuney - 3rd round (FA signing)
Creed Humphrey - 2nd round (KC)
Trey Smith - 6th round (KC)
Jawaan Taylor - 2nd round (FA signing)
Noah Gray - 5th round (KC)
Wanya Morris - 3rd round (KC)
Mike Caliendo - UDFA (KC)
Nick Allegretti - 7th round (KC)
Lucas Niang - 3rd round (KC)

Philadelphia Eagles