Woohooo, Suns on FoxAZ next season!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
That's true, but seeing as how the Suns aren't on Fox, that required that I get League Pass instead... :(

Right, but I am talking about next season.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK lets see If I can clear a few things up!
first off league pass shows fox sports networks 1st which mean that we get about 80% of the games other teams feed, And Al and Eddie about 20% of the time.

2nd the blackout rules go up to 150 mi radius, Living in redding which according to the sign up the road on the freeway say's sac 151 mi. And some of there games are not available in my area?

3rd The 'I' chap was talking about, stands for Interactive, There are several channels like espn and the weather channel that are interactive, you hit ok when you see that signal and you can scan up and down to get sports scores or weather in certain parts of the country without waiting around for them to gradually get to wear you want to be.

and finally The fox sports channel package works for baseball but during basketball if you don't have league pass they will black it out, It has something to do with an agreement with the nba not to broadcast them nationally unless they pay for the league pass subscription.

Joe your friend may have to readjust his satalite,his signal might not be strong enough to get by smaller interference, usually a couple times a year the sun hits at the right angle to cause sun spots and your pic gets alot of blocking to it. otherwise the only time you usually have trouble is during severe down pours.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
Please tell me that is a sick sick joke......

I wish it was Graham. I wish it was.

I could be completely wrong, but I believe it is the Phoenix Suns organization that chooses the commentators. I don't think it is the television station.

Joe Mama

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Don't Cotton and Gary work for Cox not the Suns? Al and Eddie are broadcasting every game anyway and they do work for the Suns. Why would the Suns have two sets of broadcasters?

Hopefully Fox will use Al and Eddie and my comments are not wishful thinking. :D

If I had to bet on it I imagine Fox will have their own broadcasters and they could hire somone, possibly Cotton and Gary.:eek:

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve had DirecTV (DTV) since the first year it came out and my daughter & son-in-law signed up for Dish Network three years ago, which I have used when we visit them. I have been very happy with DTV quality but don’t care for the menu system of Dish Network (probably because I’m used to DTV) and my daughter changed to digital cable because they were not happy with the Dish Network.
Since NBA League pass on DTV blacks out local games, I signed up for billing to our Colorado address. The Nuggets games are blacked out on League Pass but I can view them on DTV channel 645 (Fox Sports Rocky Mt.). I also get basic cable for Phoenix so I can listen to Cotton & Bender if I feel up to it. Basic cable is cheap but it doesn’t include Fox Sports AZ so next year I won’t get the local broadcasts unless I change the DTV billing to our AZ address which of course means I wouldn’t get the Suns games broadcasted on NBA League pass.

My question is:
Does Fox Sports Network broadcast so that it can be received by a roof antenna or is it only available on cable / satellite?

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
another thing on sat.....when i was working at BB...my understanding was that DTV was the on service with Live time guide. Meaning, when you hit guide it automatically goes to the channel/time you are watching. They had some sort of patton on the technology. I know that cox you have to hit a button to go to real time, not sure on dish though

CatBoxBackFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity,why satellite over cable? Is it the cost or the stability or the selection of channels? I have Comcast down here and also subcribe to there internet service,I have over 110 digital ch + 35 music ch and the cable internet for $ 85.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
The only reason I would move to satellite is for Sunday Ticket. They have exclusive contract with DirecTV.:mad:

I am waiting to see who is going to offer ESPN-HD. :cool:

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
i am thinking about it for a couple reasons:

the boxes have much more flexibility in terms of outputs. I have like a 6k home entertainment set up and I really dont like using s video and rca's for audio. (The digital coax only works for certain things, like hba movies for example). I prefer a couple of the channels they offer, like MTV-2 which is unavailable on cox. Another thing, I just despise cox, in fact the only company I hate more is qwest.

To reiterate a point chandler said: the dual tuner tivos kick ass. When tivo first came out I got hooked up on a sv-2000 sony tivo. Only 200 bucks for the unit and lifetime subscription (normally around 600 for the package, well at least then). They sold the combo unit when I was there, but I never got teh chance to use the dual tuner one. You get digital audio, not sure on the video, but at least svid (component would be sweet, ihope it has it), best part is of course the dual tuners....you can record something while watching something else, something a regular tivo cannot do.

There is nothing better then missing the game, but knowing that your tivo records every one of them. Or making your own replays because they just cannot show all the highlights our team puts up :D

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr

There is nothing better then missing the game, but knowing that your tivo records every one of them. Or making your own replays because they just cannot show all the highlights our team puts up :D

In fact, we love to miss shows now, because we can just fast forward through the commericials if it's taped.

Mike

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe mama - if you buy the "local Phoenix stations" from DirecTV for $5.95/month, it includes FOXAZ in the package so you won't need any of the other Fox ports packages.

A side benefit is you get all the extra D'baks games not shown on 3 or 10.

DirecTV is THE best. Shop the circulars. You should be able to get a free system and free installation and several months of programming free.

With the Suns and Dbaks now on FoxAz on satellite, there is no reason to stick with cable. None.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison