Wk 16-Colts @ Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/20/21-12/24/21

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d agree if the defense weren’t giving up first down after first down on the first series of the game. Doesn’t make them escape any type of blame. Just watched the Saints absolutely do pretty much nothing on offense against the Bucs the whole game, but their defense held their own & had a masterful performance.
Yup. Even though the Lions only got a field on that opening drive, it was a NINE minute drive and set the tone for the game. Next drive we had a chance to get an INT in their red zone, dropped it and they drove for a TD.

That said, the offense started the game at the Detroit 40 after a botched surprise onside kick attempt and literally went nowhere.

Just a complete disaster on both sides of the ball against Detroit.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hoping that somehow, some way they keep the Colts under 300 yards rushing. Other than that, I have no hope they will win this game.
300 yards?

I am pretty sure they can do that. That is an incredibly rare total in the NFL.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The defense gave up 30 because the offense was off the field so much the defense was gassed.

I don't think the K1 criticism is out of hand. In the biggest game of the year that would have sealed the division and the playoffs in prime time he threw and EZ pick and worse of all with all the time in the world he threw one of the worst passes he's ever throw straight into the hands of a linebacker to give them a 3 yard field. It was awful.

He needs to get his **** together. He's been bad. He's been indecisive. He's been holding onto the ball too long and he's been sailing passes.

Yeah Detroit scored 10 points on their first two possessions. That’s on the defense.

And this was K1’s first game without Hop. He had a rough game no doubt, but I don’t think the absence of Hop and it’s effect on the offense has been talked about enough.

The only time weve seen a Hopkins-less offense in action besides Sunday was the GB game. I think it really changes what defenses can do to us when Hop isn’t playing. With that said, again, Kyler definitely had a rough game, but he’s also one of the biggest reasons we have 10 wins.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Detroit scored 10 points on their first two possessions. That’s on the defense.

And this was K1’s first game without Hop. He had a rough game no doubt, but I don’t think the absence of Hop and it’s effect on the offense has been talked about enough.

The only time weve seen a Hopkins-less offense in action besides Sunday was the GB game. I think it really changes what defenses can do to us when Hop isn’t playing. With that said, again, Kyler definitely had a rough game, but he’s also one of the biggest reasons we have 10 wins.

Just can’t buy the Hopkins excuse. Not against the Lions who were missing ALL of their starting skill players on offense and Goff looked like Joe Montana.

Also, going against the Hop of it all in defending Kyler, Colt had two of the best QB performances in Cardinals history without Hopkins, one against a good Niners D. The Lions D is atrocious and we did bubkis.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just can’t buy the Hopkins excuse. Not against the Lions who were missing ALL of their starting skill players on offense and Goff looked like Joe Montana.

Also, going against the Hop of it all in defending Kyler, Colt had two of the best QB performances in Cardinals history without Hopkins, one against a good Niners D. The Lions D is atrocious and we did bubkis.

But Goff always looks like Joe Montana against us, that has nothing to do with the offense.

And yeah I should have clarified that we have never seen "Kyler run this offense without Hop" outside of the Detroit game.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But Goff always looks like Joe Montana against us, that has nothing to do with the offense.

And yeah I should have clarified that we have never seen "Kyler run this offense without Hop" outside of the Detroit game.
Shouldn’t matter if he’s the QB 1 we all hope he is.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I. Guessing with Hop and now Rondale Moore most likely out and Wesley not 100% but likely gonna play that Isabella has a shot to shine lol

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now if only J Taylor can score a false positive( don’t want anyone to get it for real) on Saturday morning !

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Colts lead the league in terms of being unvaccinated. By a good distance, too. That’s the team I think whose playoff game will be turned upside down cause of it.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You are proving though the point is. That game was kinda fluky. They looked horrible the week before and Goff hasn’t looked like Joe Chestnut let alone Joe Montana. It was just one of those games. They clicked and we didn’t and we were not prepared too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are proving though the point is. That game was kinda fluky. They looked horrible the week before and Goff hasn’t looked like Joe Chestnut let alone Joe Montana. It was just one of those games. They clicked and we didn’t and we were not prepared too.

No. It’s how Goff ALWAYS looks against us. And that’s the second time in the second half of the season we’ve just gotten destroyed by a terrible opponent. Why don’t you go look at how Carolina has done in the games right before and after us.

AND, it was the exact same type of fall on your face performance as we put on last year during a collapse that we are on the verge of possibly repeating. The similarities are striking. This isn’t the same team that started 7-0. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The defense gave up 30 because the offense was off the field so much the defense was gassed.

I don't think the K1 criticism is out of hand. In the biggest game of the year that would have sealed the division and the playoffs in prime time he threw and EZ pick and worse of all with all the time in the world he threw one of the worst passes he's ever throw straight into the hands of a linebacker to give them a 3 yard field. It was awful.

He needs to get his **** together. He's been bad. He's been indecisive. He's been holding onto the ball too long and he's been sailing passes.
Amazing that the defense could be anticipatorily gassed considering how they started the game. They sucked in this game. Offense didn’t help them. But they sucked in their own right and earned that 30 burger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose