Will Cardinals have a winning season? Poll - Following training camp and preseason

Will Cardinals have a winning season (9 wins or more) in 2021

• 9 Wins or more

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • 8 Wins or less

Votes: 57 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anywhere from 7-10 wins.

I feel the same way. Brutal division but anything can happen.

If the Cardinals key players stay healthy then I can see 10 wins. A few big injuries and I see 7 wins as more likely.

Right now I'm leaning towards 8 wins as Kliff and his offense haven't inspired any confidence in me so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew Michael wasn't married so he's not divorced but I haven't read anything about Keim & his wife having separate living arrangements. You would think local sports guys would write an article about it.
Really? Why would any journalist waste their time on a story about a GM who’s separated from his wife? That seems like a total over reach for a sports reporter to get into.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem for me is we can be significantly better than last year and have a worse record due to schedule. SF should be much better than they were last year. Rams and Seattle should be close that's 6 tough games just in the division. Add in Ten and GB and that's 8 games against playoff teams I figure. Cle and Minn could easily be playoff teams, Indy has one of the best defenses in the NFL, Dallas has one of the best offenses. That's 12 games easily that are against teams that easily could be in the playoffs.

I think we're good enough to in 9-11 games but as always gotta be healthy.

And again, with Prater we win 10 or 11 games last year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem for me is we can be significantly better than last year and have a worse record due to schedule. SF should be much better than they were last year. Rams and Seattle should be close that's 6 tough games just in the division. Add in Ten and GB and that's 8 games against playoff teams I figure. Cle and Minn could easily be playoff teams, Indy has one of the best defenses in the NFL, Dallas has one of the best offenses. That's 12 games easily that are against teams that easily could be in the playoffs.

I think we're good enough to in 9-11 games but as always gotta be healthy.

And again, with Prater we win 10 or 11 games last year.
Doubtful Russ. Prater was very marginally better then Zane last years like 2% points difference. His worse year of his career. We better hope he bounces back this year. I wonder because the dude is OLD.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Doubtful Russ. Prater was very marginally better then Zane last years like 2% points difference. His worse year of his career. We better hope he bounces back this year. I wonder because the dude is OLD.
They can always bring back Zane when Prater goes on the IR about the 6th game. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The thing is Prater in his career doesn't miss clutch kicks. Now he's not always been on good teams but in his career the kicks Zane was missing, Prater makes. One of the interesting things, he got cut by Denver after being suspended for violating the substance abuse policy, which everyone assumed was PED's. So most of us, me included immediately said he's done, leaving the altitude in Denver, clearly was on PED's, career over. And then he went to Detroit and was one of the best kickers in the league again for years. Even last year a bad year for him he beat us in a game with 4 FG's and a game winner, hit a 59 yarder to beat Washington.

He's not perfect and he's 37 but the fact is we could not bring back Zane, the team no longer had any faith in him. Prater has a long history of making big kicks.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is not great. It appears, the expectations to start the season is that 65% think this is a losing season. Surprised so many think this despite adding likes of JJ Watt, AJ Green, Rondale Moore, better OL, Marco Wilson, Zaven Collins etc...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is not great. It appears, the expectations to start the season is that 65% think this is a losing season. Surprised so many think this despite adding likes of JJ Watt, AJ Green, Rondale Moore, better OL, Marco Wilson, Zaven Collins etc...
Well, speaking for myself, Watt is an unknown at this point in his career, Green is a known--he is old and pretty much done--Moore is a who knows what he will produce rookie who couldn't even stay healthy in college, I didn't want us to draft Collins, Wilson is a late rounder, and the OL has massively upgraded at C but ignored holes elsewhere. Oh, and we still have KK as coach.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the starting O looked bad for 3 series of a preseason game, so....

...dbs

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
11 or 12 wins. we sweep the niners and split with LA and Seattle.... we'll have the best defense we've had in 5 years.

Trey Lance is not the answer and Jimmy G is Jimmy G.... Saleh gone, lets see new d scheme
Rams lost a lot on defense and Stafford doesnt make up for it.
Seattle on verge of falling apart, lots of business (contract) issues up there, new coordinator as well.

Reaction score
Well, speaking for myself, Watt is an unknown at this point in his career, Green is a known--he is old and pretty much done--Moore is a who knows what he will produce rookie who couldn't even stay healthy in college, I didn't want us to draft Collins, Wilson is a late rounder, and the OL has massively upgraded at C but ignored holes elsewhere. Oh, and we still have KK as coach.

Explain how you know Green is known & ''pretty much done'' please. By all reports he's looked exceptional in practice & like he's everything but done. Have you seen otherwise that says he's done? I believe one report stated that he looked like he's just now reaching his prime.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals fans have years of experience. I wish I had more confidence in Kingsbury because I think the talent is much improved.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

im having Phil Dawson flashbacks. He was supposed to be the guy brought in to get over the headcase kicker the previous year who missed multiple big kicks. Then old man Dawson came, wasn’t much better and basically kicked the bucket on his career.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Explain how you know Green is known & ''pretty much done'' please. By all reports he's looked exceptional in practice & like he's everything but done. Have you seen otherwise that says he's done? I believe one report stated that he looked like he's just now reaching his prime.
Considering I prefaced this with SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, and it is therefore an opinion, I need offer no explanation beyond that this is what I think. Read the whole post next time, please.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
@TEN - L
MIN - W
@JAX - W
@LAR - L
SF - L
@CLE - L
HOU - W
GB - L
@SF - L
CAR - W
@SEA - L
@CHI - L
LAR - L
@DET - W
IND - W
@DAL - l
SEA - W

7-10 no playoffs and I hope means no more Kliffy
The only one I question is game 3 JAX. The Cardinals always seem to find a way to lose to a team they shouldn't lose to at least once a season. If not JAX then HOU or DET and possibly IND but somewhere along the line they will manage to lose to one of these teams.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I believe one report stated that he looked like he's just now reaching his prime.
This is just somewhere beyond absurd. AJ Green made the Bengals good!!! Here's what they were writing about Green in 2019:

Based on what he's done of late, I'd be happy if Green contributed anything. He was a huge negative on the field last year, and has already been injured in camp.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The only one I question is game 3 JAX. The Cardinals always seem to find a way to lose to a team they shouldn't lose to at least once a season. If not JAX then HOU or DET and possibly IND but somewhere along the line they will manage to lose to one of these teams.
And factoring in that we'll be there for that game...well it's a loss, just ask @Buckybird ...

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, everyone who was jumping off the cliff after the 2nd preseason game. Where you at? Lol

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I never jump off the cliff but I do know there are 16 games to go. Great game today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard