Will Anderson Jr is that rare prospect who checks all the boxes.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
That’s true for every position including QB.

Aaron Rodgers only has one ring. What a scrub.

Patrick Mahomes didn’t win a chip for two straight years. Time to move on from him.

Joe Burrow has made three consecutive conference title games but he hasn’t won the Super Bowl. Should Cincy really pay him?

You get incrementally better at every position you can and hope to have outstanding players at key spots like Edge. You win if and when that group is complemented by a supporting cast that matures at the right moment.

You draft Will Anderson because you don’t plan on making an appearance in the top 5 again for some time.
Yes. You can’t choose when you get the great edge player. You have to get them the few chances you get. That’s for all positions. Get top talent as often as your can.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
SackSEER, Football Outsiders' statistical system for projecting the NFL success of college edge rushers is projecting only 26 sacks in his first 5 years. ESPN assessment is “Anderson's SackSEER projection is high enough that he should certainly succeed in the NFL -- and maybe even become a star -- but it also suggests that he might not be an elite prospect.”

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
SackSEER, Football Outsiders' statistical system for projecting the NFL success of college edge rushers is projecting only 26 sacks in his first 5 years. ESPN assessment is “Anderson's SackSEER projection is high enough that he should certainly succeed in the NFL -- and maybe even become a star -- but it also suggests that he might not be an elite prospect.”
Interesting. Is there a history of this projection being true for past prospects? I respect FO so I'd like to know how others have fared in this system.

I'd like to know about Thibodeaux, Bosa, Allen, Ferrell, Hutchinson, & Walker personally.

These are the top 5 level DE picks of the past few years and we should be able to project their accuracy a bit.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting. Is there a history of this projection being true for past prospects? I respect FO so I'd like to know how others have fared in this system.

I'd like to know about Thibodeaux, Bosa, Allen, Ferrell, Hutchinson, & Walker personally.

These are the top 5 level DE picks of the past few years and we should be able to project their accuracy a bit.
So I checked SackSEER from 2019. Brian Burns was the best prospect in the metric and projected 26.6 sacks through five seasons.

He has 35 through four.

SackSEER had Nick Bosa 4th and projected him with 22 sacks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So by my unofficial kool-aid wearing blinders: Will Anderson is rated as a better prospect in the SackSEER rating system than Nick Bosa was.

#Championship :raccoon:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm far more concerned about building a great team than I am about having a great edge rusher.

Hey, lookie there...the two teams in the super bowl were.....1 and 2 in sacks! But who wants an edge rusher anyway?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So I checked SackSEER from 2019. Brian Burns was the best prospect in the metric and projected 26.6 sacks through five seasons.

He has 35 through four.

SackSEER had Nick Bosa 4th and projected him with 22 sacks.
Bosa’s projection issues were with durability. When healthy he’s Bruce Smith. I don’t see an elite guy in Anderson Jr but if you tell me he’s got Markus Golden’s motor with 25% more talent it’s worth a top-5 pick.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Bosa’s projection issues were with durability. When healthy he’s Bruce Smith. I don’t see an elite guy in Anderson Jr but if you tell me he’s got Markus Golden’s motor with 25% more talent it’s worth a top-5 pick.
We're in desperate need of high floor/high character players. Anderson fits the bill nicely.

Harry

Reaction score

They were overly optimistic in 2020, they missed low on a couple of guys in 2021. If anything on the whole they rarely guess significantly low. The importance of this is not to think he’s a sure thing fir 10 sacks a year. He likely will do better with pressures. Pegging him as the next Bosa is likely optimistic, they’re saying.

Harry

Reaction score
Just type sackseer followed by a date in google

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man he became the guy I wanted when he was a freshman. I e never seen anyone with as quick a get off at snap.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man he became the guy I wanted when he was a freshman. I e never seen anyone with as quick a get off at snap.
Yeah I really wanted the Cards to take Bosa when they had a chance. I had golf lessons during that draft when I heard that the Cards took Murray. I was so pissed that I chrushed my next drive farther than I have ever had.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man he became the guy I wanted when he was a freshman. I e never seen anyone with as quick a
Yeah I really wanted the Cards to take Bosa when they had a chance. I had golf lessons during that draft when I heard that the Cards took Murray. I was so pissed that I chrushed my next drive farther than I have ever had.
i was talking about will Anderson not the racist bosa POS.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
They were overly optimistic in 2020, they missed low on a couple of guys in 2021. If anything on the whole they rarely guess significantly low. The importance of this is not to think he’s a sure thing fir 10 sacks a year. He likely will do better with pressures. Pegging him as the next Bosa is likely optimistic, they’re saying.
If we got 8 to 12 sacks a year combined with insane edge setting I would be over the moon.

Anderson has the speed and the power to do both at well above-average levels.
Will Anderson Jr. is both a high ceiling & high floor player.
This.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And we should care about SackSEER's projections because...? I mean, I doubt teams are looking at SackSEER and thinking, "Man, we better not draft this kid high."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson