Why Tebow Wins

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably the most irony of this whole situation is just how smart is the coaching staff? Had Denver started out 3/3 under Orton this kid would still be on the bench.
Now you have coaches telling the world how he is a "winner" and he has "it".

Did he suddenly become a winner sitting on the bench for the first 5 weeks? Goes to show you sometimes organizations have preconceived notions...kind of like Porter starting instaed of Acho.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I absolutely hate it when people try to shove religion down my throat, and that's exactly what he's doing. No, he isn't trying to say that I personally have to believe it, but he's pushing it to anyone that likes watching sports shows that he appears on. I do not like people that say everything is about God. "Thank you, God, for helping me catch my glass of milk before it spilled. Jesus was with me when I cut myself shaving but put a kleenex on it..." It is repugnant to me, and I do not like anyone that does it. Thus, I don't like Tebow. At least Warner didn't go too far overboard with it, but it did get pretty annoying.

I'm not saying he isn't a good guy. And, as someone mentioned, there are a lot of nasty characters out there in the NFL. I couldn't stand a lot of them either. Now, would I root for him if he were on my team? Of course, because I want my team to do well. That's why I could overlook it in Warner--because he was helping us win--and because he wasn't nearly as bad as Tebow.

Sorry. I hate the Jesus and God peddling. I know the popular opinion is that he's a good guy, and it's okay and everything. I don't care. I don't like it, and I will always say so.

You got to do what you got to do. I get your reasoning, and you are right. He is trying to shove it in people's faces, and trying to spread his beliefs. He has always said that he is most thankful for being in a position to influence others and wants to use that influence like a football missionary. Thhat really bothers some people, and those, like you, are more than justified in expressing your dislike for him using his position to say what he wants to say.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
One thing about Warner. He had deep beliefs but many times would offer those beliefs within the conversation and did not hit you over the head with it right away. I'm a Christian and applaud Tebow for his beliefs and wanting to share them but he needs to realize that starting every conversation with it when football questions are being asked does get irritating and like one who does the opposite and use vulgarity often, the words lose their effectiveness when they become common place.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This last game of Tebow's showed a lot more than he did in the past from what one needs from the position, he finally looked the role of a QB and made some nice passes that where clearly on the level of a NFL player. If this means he is progressing and can get better, then it totally changes my viewpoint of him where he was more of a 'schoolyard' QB just simply improvising. Never put too much into throwing motion because guys are not built the same and how can one view the skill and advantages of ones wrist movement from a far which also has an effect on a pass. He played well this recent game, and played like a good QB.

Back when he was drafted I defended the choice BTW, he's a winner, my main point is that no QB is EVER going to win long term being primarily a running QB.

He's evolving, he's completing more passes, that's all I was saying is that there is no way he's going to win long term with 6 pass attempts like in the Chiefs game.

NO FREAKING WAY, but if he learns to balance it out much more to the passing end of the spectrum there is no limit to what he can do.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I absolutely hate it when people try to shove religion down my throat, and that's exactly what he's doing. No, he isn't trying to say that I personally have to believe it, but he's pushing it to anyone that likes watching sports shows that he appears on. I do not like people that say everything is about God. "Thank you, God, for helping me catch my glass of milk before it spilled. Jesus was with me when I cut myself shaving but put a kleenex on it..." It is repugnant to me, and I do not like anyone that does it. Thus, I don't like Tebow. At least Warner didn't go too far overboard with it, but it did get pretty annoying.

I'm not saying he isn't a good guy. And, as someone mentioned, there are a lot of nasty characters out there in the NFL. I couldn't stand a lot of them either. Now, would I root for him if he were on my team? Of course, because I want my team to do well. That's why I could overlook it in Warner--because he was helping us win--and because he wasn't nearly as bad as Tebow.

Sorry. I hate the Jesus and God peddling. I know the popular opinion is that he's a good guy, and it's okay and everything. I don't care. I don't like it, and I will always say so.

+ 1

Sports is a product, you do that to me every time I'm buying your product I will cease buying your brand of product, end of story.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson