Why is Ryan Williams still on this team...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BigRedRage, plz,plz,plz don't believe everything a player tells the media. And what does on the record mean? This probably was not a court room, where he said it. But he was correct about having fresh feet/legs.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRedRage, plz,plz,plz don't believe everything a player tells the media. And what does on the record mean? This probably was not a court room, where he said it. But he was correct about having fresh feet/legs.

he said to the media he is ready to play. To me that says, hes not injured they just think hes not better than what they have on the field.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The biggest mystery of the season, IMO. I have a feeling there's method to BA's madness, just not sure what. Why would the coaching staff occupy a space on the 53 man roster with a player who you never intend to play? When Mendenhall was out, Williams wasn't even activated.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest mystery of the season, IMO. I have a feeling there's method to BA's madness, just not sure what. Why would the coaching staff occupy a space on the 53 man roster with a player who you never intend to play? When Mendenhall was out, Williams wasn't even activated.

probably just in case a second rb was injured as well.

Gotta avoid situations where you get so injured your two RBs are powell and LSH who cant be feature backs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I've given you the most plausible theory on this (Keim loves Williams; Arians has no faith in him), but if you still believe that there's some witchcraft involved in this, that's completely up to you.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The current Cards management has earned a lot of leeway as a result of the team's 10-6 record. As a fan, I give BASK the benefit of the doubt in regards to their roster decisions. The roster was churned constantly during the season with plenty of players coming and going off the practice squad/active roster. RW is still on the roster because he is still on the roster. BASK know way more about football and player talent than I will ever know. Just keep putting a competitive winning team on the field and all is right with the world.

RW suffered back-to-back severe injuries that would have the normal person on SS disability benefits . . . not in the weight room or practice field to face the same injury possibilites. I hope the young man is able to come back and play football with the same skill that made him a high draft choice. I have to believe the Cards have his best interest in mind when they both keep him on the team while at the same time not dressing him out for games.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BigRedRage, you're lucky I just sold the Brooklyn Bridge. Unfortunately, I only got half of what it's worth. Next time I sell it, I'll contact you first.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRedRage, you're lucky I just sold the Brooklyn Bridge. Unfortunately, I only got half of what it's worth. Next time I sell it, I'll contact you first.

Ok. If you think the kid is lying about wanting to play, feeling good and even saying out loud he will do whatever it takes, even if it is special teams than I dont know what to tell you sir.

I dont believe it is a conspiracy one bit. You can all you want though. I dont see what incentive the kid would have to say he wants to play and keep being benched, it makes it sound like hes no good at what he does.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok. If you think the kid is lying about wanting to play, feeling good and even saying out loud he will do whatever it takes, even if it is special teams than I dont know what to tell you sir.

I dont believe it is a conspiracy one bit. You can all you want though. I dont see what incentive the kid would have to say he wants to play and keep being benched, it makes it sound like hes no good at what he does.

I think the kid thinks he is healthy and the team saw what happened the last two times he/they thought he was healthy. I honestly think they kept him no the active roster all season as insurance with bigger plans for next year. I do think he will have a role next year and it may be limited to KR and 3rd/4th RB until he can prove he is and can stay healthy.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've given you the most plausible theory on this (Keim loves Williams; Arians has no faith in him), but if you still believe that there's some witchcraft involved in this, that's completely up to you.

Keim and dawg loves Williams, but it's been a rough ride so far. :D

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

If that's the case, wasn't there same the same talk here about Levi Clown? Then he was cut. Hmmmm It just seems like the GM & HC would be somewhat on the same page personnel wise, especially on a winning & happy football team.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If that's the case, wasn't there same the same talk here about Levi Clown? Then he was cut. Hmmmm It just seems like the GM & HC would be somewhat on the same page personnel wise, especially on a winning & happy football team.

He wasn't cut... he was traded. Taken from the starting lineup (Arians decision) and traded for nothing (Keim's). Hmmm...

If the only disagreements are about an overpriced left tackle that was dumped in both their laps and the 53rd man on the roster who was inactive literally the entire year, I'm guessing it's a pretty winning and happy front office.

If you think there's complete harmony and consensus on every player on an NFL football team, I don't know what to tell you.

Do you have an alternative theory that makes more sense of the embarrassing fact that our 2011 2nd round pick, a guy that Keim personally endorsed and talked up in training camp and the preseason, was the only player on the team not to even dress for a game?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't cut... he was traded. Taken from the starting lineup (Arians decision) and traded for nothing (Keim's). Hmmm...

If the only disagreements are about an overpriced left tackle that was dumped in both their laps and the 53rd man on the roster who was inactive literally the entire year, I'm guessing it's a pretty winning and happy front office.

If you think there's complete harmony and consensus on every player on an NFL football team, I don't know what to tell you.

Do you have an alternative theory that makes more sense of the embarrassing fact that our 2011 2nd round pick, a guy that Keim personally endorsed and talked up in training camp and the preseason, was the only player on the team not to even dress for a game?

grab those straws!!! grab em!!!

Levis replacement played as good and better, nothing wrong with the trade.

If rwilliams is the biggest negative on keim he is doing a good job.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I find it entertaining that we're all talking about a guy who didn't play a down, and was supposedly available, all year. Where are the Ryan Lindley threads? :D