Why in the hell didn't we run?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
That's my question.

Edge averaged more than 5 ypc today. Why did we pass so damned much? We came oiut passing to start the game!?!?!?!

Other then his one long run to begin the game Edge has carries of 1 or 2 yards the rest of them. That 5YPC is very deceiving.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Other then his one long run to begin the game Edge has carries of 1 or 2 yards the rest of them. That 5YPC is very deceiving.

Sorry, but he had other runs longer than 2 yards.

I wished they had run the ball on third down on their final drive and tried for the first. If they failed it would have been the same as the dropped pass to Johnson. If they would've made it, they would've been sitting on 1st and goal to go and been able to take time off the clock. They left the opponent with too much time for the 3rd game in a row.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my question.

Edge averaged more than 5 ypc today. Why did we pass so damned much? We came oiut passing to start the game!?!?!?!

I think it is a fair question, especially on the game tying drive.

At least Edge got that +20 yards run out of the way. Last season that was the "proof he was washed up".

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
we were playing from behind. Pass, Pass, Pass until you get the score and the clock in your favor.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's my question.

I agree that early on, we should have run more. But once we were down 20-3. it was the only way for us to catch up. The no huddle was a brilliant move by Whiz as it exhausted that vaunted Raven D. We should have run on our last 3rd & 5, just before the tying FG. It would have run quite a bit of time off the clock or forced Baltimore to take one of the TO's.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard